ADVERTISEMENT

USAToday: Quickley and Williamson want to team up in college but aren't a package deal

Maybe got name wrong but he was the Duke lean that wanted the offer from UK, just a guess there. I do believe the first 3 are going down, Reddish goes to UK or Duke, Barrett goes to UK or Duke. Sign 3 top 10 in Fall and save 1-2 for Spring. Might sign 4 at early date and save one. No way Gabriel and SKJ come back, one will enter draft and one might transfer, just a hunch on this. Richards is going to be drafted by most accounts. Think there will 2 bigs in this class. Shot blocker type and maybe the Canadian kid. All a guess, Cal likes to save for Spring.

Scuttlebutt in Vegas was Zion and IQ were big leans, Reddish was Duke or UK and some saying UK was moving up. Barrett had not reclassified but people said UK would be a factor.
None of the bigs other than Bol and Bagley are great, Reddish is going to be great, Barett is going to be great, Bagley going to be great, Zion is John Wall and Lebron, his game is great but not sure he is going to be able to bull people over. He is with Lebron, Steph and Durant on most popular BB players. He is must see by everyone, biggest hype since Lebron. Cal loves this.

Last edited:
The heart this team showed last year, after starting 0-2, should end any questions regarding the size of their heart.

Now as far as the talent, I see at least 9 pro players on this team. With most, oddly, coming from the defensive side.

Snell
Conrad
Johnson
Jones
Ware
Allen
Edwards
Baity
Westry

A couple more possible pros, Ross and Baker, being right there talent wise. So, IMO, this year's team is more talented, tip to bottom, when compared to the top heavy 07 team.

IQ, Zion, Reddish or Barrett, Isiah Williams and the new big kid who plays like a young AD, if one big then maybe a combo guard.

Are you referring to bagley??

No think Cal will hope there is a guy out there in Spring. I have no idea, I get my information from a nerdy guys who like to go these AAU camps and find coaches at a poker table late at night or having a drink or dinner. Weird for a 40-50 year old guy do this but all the coaches know him now. He sent a pic of a couple of years ago of Coach K and staff in Orlando when they hosted AAU. The one's who speak are the coaches who don't have a dog in the fight or not recruiting the kid. That is where the information comes from best. Were on the list and were cut by coach or family. Usually a family member will say he is going to UK or KU so you got beat out by blue blood.

He is friends with everyone, world wide as an accountant but loves recruiting.:joy:

I am no recruiting beatnik. I just get info. that is kind of fun to hear and say. Nothing etched in stone.

Reactions: westerncat
Kansas offers Zion Williamson's AAU buddy. Slater changes his 247 pick to KU.
http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2017/08/08/247sports-analyst-changes-pick-on-zion-williamson/

Williamson has since teamed up with another highly touted 2018 guard on the AAU circuit — Devon Dotson, considered a Kansas lean — and the Jayhawks on Monday night extended a scholarship offer to Williamson’s close friend and AAU teammate Dontarius James‏.

How attached at the hip is Zion to a future Adidas contract?

By the way, Kansas seems desperate as hell with those moves. They are trying to be crafty with their recruiting because conventional recruiting doesn't keep them in the sandbox with Duke and Kentucky anymore.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Dontarius James' best offers prior to the Kansas offer were UMass and College of Charleston.

Kansas is damn weak. They remind me of the guy who can only date a level up after the girl has had a hard breakup, and even then everyone around him knows she'll never truly love him and won't stay with him past the drunken rebound state.

i wonder what its like year after year be so high in crystal ball picks only to have them never work out. and at the same time watch uk "come out of nowhere" to land so many recruits over and over again.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
The joke going around Vegas is that all the coaches said we will wait on UK and Duke then we will figure out who we can sign. These were blue blood programs and coaches saying this, programs mentioned in this thread. Ariz. is third in the pecking order now, KU is about 4th or 5th, Ariz is starting to get a lot of the marquee West coast guys. Kentucky has gotten the best Texas players in Randle, Fox, a 5 star this year. KU used to clean up there.

Cal says Kentucky will eat first whatever the rules are, one and done, 2 and done, go out of HS.

Yes and Coach K is surely to be getting short-timers disease soon...

i wonder what its like year after year be so high in crystal ball picks only to have them never work out. and at the same time watch uk "come out of nowhere" to land so many recruits over and over again.

Green to Syracuse
Skal to Memphis
Knox to Duke
Bam to NC State
Murray to Oregon

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
This is the same program whose only titles since the 1950s were the direct result of hiring a recruit's daddy so nothing too surprising here.

Kansas has the history of a blue blood but the mentality of a second-rate, lil bro program. It's no wonder their fans are the way they are.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
We have landed a blue-chip SF each of the past 4 years. We will again this class too. Not saying it will be Zion, but we do have a track record landing the #1 player in each class.

We have landed a blue-chip SF each of the past 4 years. We will again this class too. Not saying it will be Zion, but we do have a track record landing the #1 player in each class.

Judging by how pathetic you guys are doing in the REAL (not Big 12) tournament lately, you should hang a banner for that achievement.

Kansas got blown out by a 3-seed. Kentucky beat two Top 10 teams on the way to losing a buzzerbeater to the champs. NOT equal.

I think Reddish and Barrett are locks for Duke and Kentucky. Not sure which one to UK, but if I had to guess today our class would be Quickley, Williamson, King, Shittu, Moses, and Reddish. Dukes class will be Bagley, Barrett, Langford, tre Jones and dariys garland. I like our class a lot more. <UK>

Zion wants to team up with his AAU teammates Devon Dotson and Dontarius James which are both Kansas-bound. And, Adidas wants Zion to go to an Adidas school.

Zion wants to team up with his AAU teammates Devon Dotson and Dontarius James which are both Kansas-bound. And, Adidas wants Zion to go to an Adidas school.

Looking forward to his 8pt effort in your annual chokejob then.

What is it about Kansas that makes talented guys like Wiggins and Jackson poop down their legs when it matters most? Doesn't it make you sick as a fan to see that every year?

Looking forward to his 8pt effort in your annual chokejob then.

What is it about Kansas that makes talented guys like Wiggins and Jackson poop down their legs when it matters most? Doesn't it make you sick as a fan to see that every year?

The refs calling two quick cheap fouls which sent Jackson to the bench for most of the first half against Oregon had something to do with his game. Overall he had a decent game against Oregon with his limited minutes.

F%#% Bill Self and his raggedy hair piece. Go ahead and offer these nuts while you're at it.

Reactions: Willy4UK
KU and Kentucky were both in the Elite 8 last year. How is that pathetic?

You were the supposed best team many times last season. You had an experienced roster that was in "now or never" mode.

That was as good of a chance for the title that Self and Kansas will see. Kentucky actually exceeded expectations by beating UCLA, a team almost everyone had facing off against UNC and even going to the Final4. Meanwhile, Kansas, under performed again, and lost to a West coast team without it's 2nd best player.

Not to mention.. WSU/UCLA/UNC was a harder road than MSU/Purdue/Injured Oregon. Yes, our road should have been harder as we're a lower seed.. but where Kansas had a moderately tough schedule, Kentucky, like usual, had the gauntlet. I for sure like Kentucky's chances to make the Final4 in that region more than the one we had.

Reactions: Willy4UK
The fact remains that Kentucky continues to be the team that overachieves and Kansas is the one that under-performs. I'm not sure you can think of two teams that fit those molds better.

And John Calipari wants Zion Williamson to play at UK.

Which of those factors do you think will actually mean something?

Adidas probably wants a Run DMC reunion, too. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Adidas is more a concern with the international and Canadian kids, Wiggins was pushed by Canadian Adidas to go to the premier Adidas school.

I think Zion goes to local school before he goes to KU. Nike is still the premier brand. Nike is not going to lose out on the next Lebron. Adidas is throwing out all stops to get the 5th most popular player out there today including Lebron, Steph, Durant. Zion is an urban legend already. Don't think Nike wants to lose out.

ADVERTISEMENT