ADVERTISEMENT

Update From K. Tucker

If the rumors were true about what Oscar got last season I find it hard to believe that with Oscar leaving we don't have money.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Get Reeves back and add the 2 scorers we are recruiting. Thiero can play the 4 too. I'd rather have more scoring options than a four who hasn't proven to be a stretch. Bradshaw will have to play some 5 but we could get close to 5 out with this approach.

Reactions: thedahc and Cayts69
I would not be surprised if any and all potential donors were refusing to do NIL for UK BB players. I sure as hell wouldn't, especially after what Sharpe and Wheeler did and how Cal covered for them.
I said the same thing in a thread about this very subject the other day and some thought I was making it up.Ive given and have some friends that donate and they no longer do it.If one or more wants change,make it happen by hurting them where it matters....$$$$

I said the same thing in a thread about this very subject the other day and some thought I was making it up.Ive given and have some friends that donate and they no longer do it.If one or more wants change,make it happen by hurting them where it matters....$$$$
I mean, to me, it's certainly not far fetched and I believe that's what's happening.

If Bassfan had a porsche dealership and a big bank account, he would be fine with what Sharpe did, but the kicker is, you don't get a big bank account by being careless with your money and right now, giving big money to UK basketball players, is a bad financial decision and nobody can dispute that. These kids don't give a rip about UK, or it's donors.

Any donors that are giving money to UK, are doing so, because they love UK basketball, well, why the hell would they throw money at this dumpster fire?

That's because those coaches actually meet with their potential donors and lay out plans. There's no way coaches are paying out of pocket, that’s not NIL, but jeez, if I was in Cal's position, I would damn well know what my donors are willing to pay out. Cal either doesn’t meet with them, or he knows the potential donors aren't happy with him and don't want to hear Cal ask for nil money
That was never my point. My point was coaches are getting these players money up front and are guaranteeing it. They have donors and plans are up for the collectives and NIL. Cal can’t have a good relationship with these donors at all

I mean, to me, it's certainly not far fetched and I believe that's what's happening.

If Bassfan had a porsche dealership and a big bank account, he would be fine with what Sharpe did, but the kicker is, you don't get a big bank account by being careless with your money and right now, giving big money to UK basketball players, is a bad financial decision and nobody can dispute that. These kids don't give a rip about UK, or it's donors.

Any donors that are giving money to UK, are doing so, because they love UK basketball, well, why the hell would they throw money at this dumpster fire?
Make it simple...one way or the other, the program will be put back first, with or without Calipari. It's his choice

Cal has always been egotistical and arrogant. Now he has dissociated himself from the administration, the media, the fans, and certain players as well. That's the reason few seem to want to come here. This freshmen class may be an exception but it's probably promised playing time and exposure. Nothing new there.

That was never my point. My point was coaches are getting these players money up front and are guaranteeing it. They have donors and plans are up for the collectives and NIL. Cal can’t have a good relationship with these donors at all
We're saying the same thing, I get your point, everyone else is making promises, but what I'm saying is, they are able to confidently make those promises, because they are on the same page as their donors.

We're saying the same thing, I get your point, everyone else is making promises, but what I'm saying is, they are able to confidently make those promises, because they are on the same page as their donors.
Yeah I’m still thinking about the 3 on here that act like none of this is happening. Kentucky is so unorganized and I don’t know how cal repairs that relationship with the donors

Reactions: kyjeff1
The loser running the program is the one that is pathetic.Do you even care the guy went on twitter and lied about having a backup plan?
I agree Cal is pretty pathetic and I want him gone but that had nothing to do with some dumbass calling potential players scrubs.

Who cares the reason?Cal blew it yet again.
Lol well this has been productive. You responded to me to say who cares? The point is that UK is telling this player he is their final piece. If they miss on him they need someone else equal, or they lace ‘em up next season without that piece. It’s actually an important nuance to understand. But if you wanted to use that as another opportunity to complain about Cal, go ahead.

That is not what Graf said. He said that since UK views him as their last piece of the puzzle they need to get him.
I wasn’t the one who said this, somebody else said it and I was just relaying it, but if that’s the case then maybe they have a shot, trilly didn’t list Kentucky as a competitor for Kaluma though

Reactions: Fox2monk
I wasn’t the one who said this, somebody else said it and I was just relaying it, but if that’s the case then maybe they have a shot, trilly didn’t list Kentucky as a competitor for Kaluma though
It’s not looking good to say the least. I was giddy when Kaluma was mentioned. I think he’s the key to next season. Not sure why we can’t secure our top target in the portal. Did Cal wait too long to move all-in, or is there a more fundamental issue we haven’t solved?

It’s not looking good to say the least. I was giddy when Kaluma was mentioned. I think he’s the key to next season. Not sure why we can’t secure our top target in the portal. Did Cal wait too long to move all-in, or is there a more fundamental issue we haven’t solved?
I think the NIL for Kentucky is extremely unorganized and our coach thinks players want to come here because of Kentucky and not because of money

I think the NIL for Kentucky is extremely unorganized and our coach thinks players want to come here because of Kentucky and not because of money
It’s very scary that our innovator coach is now behind the times. I think NIL is why he will retire soon (if not forced out), because it removes his recruiting advantage and is now all about who the highest bidder is. It’s time to put pride aside and do whatever we gotta do to get players.

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
I think the bottom line is now - why would you go to any school that
you're going to likely transfer from the following year because your experience sucked.

We got mercenaries before but now it doesn't make financial sense to come to UK and potentially throw away a year rotting on the bench while Cal refuses to put the best players on the floor

It’s very scary that our innovator coach is now behind the times. I think NIL is why he will retire soon (if not forced out), because it removes his recruiting advantage and is now all about who the highest bidder is. It’s time to put pride aside and do whatever we gotta do to get players.
I though cal would be one of the biggest innovators or NIL and find creative ways to make it work and get players, but I was way wrong. I don’t think they get Kaluma now, so I’m trying to figure out whose left to get

I thought Cal had a shot at owning college BBall with the retirement of Williams and Coach K.

instead he's blown two years of establishing UK back to prominence while UNC went almost won a championship and Duke has learned how to retain good players.

quite frankly, last years player turnover is an embarrassment to the program, one of many lately with Cal as coach. I don't care so much about a #1 recruiting class, with the portal in place, its clear to anyone paying attention that freshmen recruiting isn't a leverage it used to be, especially with Cal as coach because you know those players will be up for recruitment again at the end of this season.

I made a post about Graf complaining about how he hyped up news but turns out he was just wrong, and I tagged him in it- then realized that's probably a quick way to get banned so I edited the post and just deleted the message.
Gotcha I though you were just joking because the Kaluma and jones new wasn’t good anymore

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT