ADVERTISEMENT

University of Kentucky Opens New Cannabis Research Center

That impacts a very small percentage of people who smoke weed. I don’t think weed is for everyone, but it can be beneficial for many.
Believe it or not l think it should be legalized, but still don't like it. Do you believe it's a gateway drug for some?

Last edited:
Bro as long as you bring this same energy and go after alcohol too, though right?! Because it's way worse. Both have been used for 1000s of years and I doubt either have been the actual downfall of a country.

I smoke weed nightly and still get up at 4am and smash the gym everyday almost, energy through the roof and would toss you around like a sack of buttons at the gym.
Everyone smokes to get high. Not everyone drinks to get drunk. I don’t care about your weed use, but they are not the same for all people. My beer with my tacos is not the same as ingesting pot to get high.

Believe it or not l think it should be legalized, but still don't like it. Do you believe it's a gateway drug for some?
I have worked with addicts who have said (1) it was their gateway and (2) they do not want to be sober in a state where they can easily get at it. I know addicts who have come to Kentucky for rehab because pot is not legal and they don’t know the places where they can score. The legalization of pot and gambling will throw some lives overboard. I am not saying that fact should preclude a legislative action, but am just stating what I have seen as fact.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I have worked with addicts who have said (1) it was their gateway and (2) they do not want to be sober in a state where they can easily get at it. I know addicts who have come to Kentucky for rehab because pot is not legal and they don’t know the places where they can score. The legalization of pot and gambling will throw some lives overboard. I am not saying that fact should preclude a legislative action, but am just stating what I have seen as fact.

Everyone smokes to get high. Not everyone drinks to get drunk. I don’t care about your weed use, but they are not the same for all people. My beer with my tacos is not the same as ingesting pot to get high.

4f6209cc527daa98209af5407e459f6f.gif

Just my two cents, but I’ve always found the gateway drug theory to be lazy. I think it takes away from a person’s choice/decision to move on to other drugs. I’ve smoked weed for 10+ years and never had a desire to go out and do anything else. Have plenty of friends in the same boat. That’s just me, I’m sure others would disagree and that’s fine.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug. People who have tried marijuana may eventually go on to try harder drugs in search of a stronger high, and experimentation may lead them down a dangerous path toward addiction. However, the science shows overwhelmingly that for most people, marijuana is not a gateway drug.

Many people mistakenly believe that marijuana use precedes rather than follows the initiation of other illicit drug use. In fact, most drug use begins with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana, making nicotine and alcohol the two most common drugs of abuse. Evidence indicates marijuana is usually not the first substance abused before more dangerous illicit drug experimentation.

Link: Marijuana: The Gateway Drug Myth

Just my two cents, but I’ve always found the gateway drug theory to be lazy. I think it takes away from a person’s choice/decision to move on to other drugs. I’ve smoked weed for 10+ years and never had a desire to go out and do anything else. Have plenty of friends in the same boat. That’s just me, I’m sure others would disagree and that’s fine.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug. People who have tried marijuana may eventually go on to try harder drugs in search of a stronger high, and experimentation may lead them down a dangerous path toward addiction. However, the science shows overwhelmingly that for most people, marijuana is not a gateway drug.

Many people mistakenly believe that marijuana use precedes rather than follows the initiation of other illicit drug use. In fact, most drug use begins with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana, making nicotine and alcohol the two most common drugs of abuse. Evidence indicates marijuana is usually not the first substance abused before more dangerous illicit drug experimentation.

Link: Marijuana: The Gateway Drug Myth
Sorry, but from a non smoker, if you partake every day...you are addicted just like cigarettes. And I don't smoke either.

Sorry, but from a non smoker, if you partake every day...you are addicted just like cigarettes. And I don't smoke eithe
Well sorry pal, but it's not physically addictive like your booze that's a FACT. There is no withdrawl.
Sure, but so is ALCOHOL you know the drug that most everyone is using when they take their first hit of weed?
Then why drink beer? Because a nice cold Natty is just so delicious?
IDGAF about their problem. It is unfortunate for sure but we don't all have to live by a code for a few. You know like trying to force everyone to get a vax so Billy's 72 year old smoking, obese gma doesn't die...

Well sorry pal, but it's not physically addictive like your booze that's a FACT. There is no withdrawl.

Sure, but so is ALCOHOL you know the drug that most everyone is using when they take their first hit of weed?

IDGAF about their problem. It is unfortunate for sure but we don't all have to live by a code for a few. You know like trying to force everyone to get a vax so Billy's 72 year old smoking, obese gma doesn't die...

I don’t drink Natty. And, I don’t drink alcohol to get drunk. I would not drink beer if it did not taste good. I feel sorry for those who drink to get drunk.

And, I did not suggest a code. Just facts.

Bitching at the wrong guy "pal"...don't do drugs or drink and when I did it sure wasn't beer.

I Googled "cannibus hypermesis syndrome," and the first result that came up was a well-researched study that concluded, and I quote, "Sluggercatfan can't spell worth shit."
Awe bless your heart.
Wow...you got me, but no reply on substance? You broke my will. I may never recover.

Makes you a MORON. Unless you are being facetious of course... Then it's still not funny. Lose somene close or an addicted family member. Drugs are not a joke and l firmly believe they will be one of the major downfalls of this country next to THE USEFUL IDIOTS of the CDP.
Only the coolest people around capitalize RANDOM words TO make their POINT and then make PREDICTIONS of impending DOOM about the COUNTRY that AREN'T going to come true.

Never tried weed myself but if this board is any indication, lots of people are pretty wound up and angry. A little weed would do a few on this board a world of good.

Awe bless your heart.
Wow...you got me, but no reply on substance? You broke my will. I may never recover.

You posted something of substance? I must have missed that.

Was it this: "!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

Or was it the George Jones video?

Or maybe "They don't call it dope for nothing?"

Or "Makes you a MORON?"

Or was it in the Aaron Tippin Youtube link?

You posted something of substance? I must have missed that.

Was it this: "!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

Or was it the George Jones video?

Or maybe "They don't call it dope for nothing?"

Or "Makes you a MORON?"

Or was it in the Aaron Tippin Youtube link?
Way over your head l guess. Oh well.

Slugger has posted about his family chain smoking, his uncle being an alcoholic, and apparently his nephew being one of like 100 people in the world that managed to get addicted to weed. Look pal, we’re all sorry your family has some insane addictive personality gene that would make a Cherokee blush, but don’t take it out on our weed. I’m half expecting you to start a thread railing on Dasani because your niece died from water intoxication syndrome at this point.

Slugger has posted about his family chain smoking, his uncle being an alcoholic, and apparently his nephew being one of like 100 people in the world that managed to get addicted to weed. Look pal, we’re all sorry your family has some insane addictive personality gene that would make a Cherokee blush, but don’t take it out on our weed. I’m half expecting you to start a thread railing on Dasani because your niece died from water intoxication syndrome at this point.
Did you miss the part where I said l think it should be legalized, but still don't like it? For now, l still have a right to MY opinion with first hand knowledge, right? And that would be grandson with weed, BIL being an alcoholic, wife is the smoker. Also, lost a son to heroin addiction which started with weed as his first step. The detective that handled his case told my wife and l that they are now finding weed sprayed with fentnayl. Go figure. If you, or others , smoke everyday...why are you scared to research CHS?

Last edited:
Eh, slugger seems alright. Just has had his own life experiences that formed his opinions. I don’t agree with them, but he doesn’t come off pushy like others I’ve encountered about weed.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Did you miss the part where I said l think it should be legalized, but still don't like it? For now, l still have a right to MY opinion with first hand knowledge, right? And that would be grandson with weed, BIL being an alcoholic, wife is the smoker. Also, lost a son to heroin addiction which started with weed as his first step. The detective that handled his case told my wife and l that they are now finding weed sprayed with fentnayl. Go figure. If you, or others , smoke everyday...why are you scared to research CHS?

I’m just giving you a hard time. I get where you’re coming from based on your experiences and sorry for your experiences. I will say this whole new fentanyl wave - which is really weird - is scary as shit. Honestly all the more reason to make it and other drugs legal imo. More regulated and takes away power from cartels and overdoses from things being laced.

Makes you a MORON. Unless you are being facetious of course... Then it's still not funny. Lose somene close or an addicted family member. Drugs are not a joke and l firmly believe they will be one of the major downfalls of this country next to THE USEFUL IDIOTS of the CDP.
100%... funny that we have basically ended the War on Drugs that everybody complained about, and now we have 100K+ people dying a year from Fentanyl.

I’m just giving you a hard time. I get where you’re coming from based on your experiences and sorry for your experiences. I will say this whole new fentanyl wave - which is really weird - is scary as shit. Honestly all the more reason to make it and other drugs legal imo. More regulated and takes away power from cartels and overdoses from things being laced.
Please help me understand something. As a user, can you explain why your supplier would do something knowing it may kill his "customers? I'll be honest ...I've always been scared of drugs since I was a teenager and my generation(born 1950) started all this BS. Never used, but I've seen way too much for me . Watching paramedics revive my od son is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! And he didn't stop till it killed him. I guess that's why I hate all of it with a passion! I do do a little WR or Rum from time to time...by the way, my son's toxicology report said he had 10 times the limit of fentnayl to kill a human.

Please help me understand something. As a user, can you explain why your supplier would do something knowing it may kill his "customers? I'll be honest ...I've always been scared of drugs since I was a teenager and my generation(born 1950) started all this BS. Never used, but I've seen way too much for me . Watching paramedics revive my od son is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! And he didn't stop till it killed him. I guess that's why I hate all of it with a passion! I do do a little WR or Rum from time to time...by the way, my son's toxicology report said he had 10 times the limit of fentnayl to kill a human.
Slugger - I am sorry about your son. If we had a serious government we'd go get some f'ing payback on the people responsible for supplying this crap.

record fentanyl deaths coming across the border... Glad that we can't grow weed in KY. Granted... It grows wild in KY but it'd be horrible if we did it intentionally. But that fentanyl though...........

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Close friend lost a son to fentanyl. They just dont care about losing customers because it's so addictive. They know people will get addicted to other drugs that are too expensive and will funnel to fentanyl laced drugs. They wouldn't do it if it weren't profitable.

A girl in our town, who only smoked weed, wanted to try cocaine one time and it was laced with fentanyl. She died the first freaking time. her dad was a cop and she was she was going to college with good grades.... just wanted to try something.

People need to understand that china is flooding this shit here for a reason. Its soooo cheap for the purpose of dealers adding it to everything. We just have to trust that every drug dealer is able to get the dosage right as to not kill everyone taking it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT