ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs ARK on ESPN2

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
2nd half just tipped off- 38-35 Arkansas.

In the short-term, we need UNC to win this. We need them ranked as highly as possible going into our game with them in 3 weeks.

2nd half just tipped off- 38-35 Arkansas.

In the short-term, we need UNC to win this. We need them ranked as highly as possible going into our game with them in 3 weeks.
giphy.gif

Claims to be a KY fan.

Roots for UNC

Outed

Lol sorry guys, but all I care about is our NCAA tournament resume.

If we drop the game against Miami, we only have 1 more chance to prove ourselves before SEC play starts.

If UNC drops out of the rankings, then Miami is suddenly our last chance to prove ourselves.

If we drop the game against Miami, we only have 1 more chance to prove ourselves before SEC play starts.

If UNC drops out of the rankings, then Miami is suddenly our last chance to prove ourselves.
I'll give you the opposite side of that argument. If Arky beats UNC then it helps the RPI of the ENTIRE SEC. And don't we play Arky 2 times this year? So, if they beat UNC and we beat UNC and then beat Arky both times, isn't that even BETTER than a UNC win? Especially if UNC wins the ACC.

The SEC is going to be a gauntlet with plenty of Q1 chances. I will NEVER root for UNC......ever.

I guess I figure we'll have enough chances to prove ourselves in conference. Plus, we play Arkansas twice and only play UNC once so could also argue we want Arkansas to stay ranked.

Kentucky plays Arkansas twice. It's possible we play North Carolina twice this year, but not before the NCAA tournament. So, your argument doesn't make any sense.

He says this like a lot can't happen in 3 weeks for either of us.

Kentucky plays Arkansas twice. It's possible we play North Carolina twice this year, but not before the NCAA tournament. So, your argument doesn't make any sense.

I mean of course it can. Had no idea so many would get triggered by someone thinking ahead for NCAA tournament seeding.

I am big on short-term payoffs and public perception.

Perception is reality. The committee is no different. The "eye test".

We SHOULD beat UNC, but we could absolutely lose the UNC game- whether we win or lose, I would rather it be against a team ranked in the top 15, rather than an unranked team.

No idea why this even needs to be explained.

It is better for our resume when we beat teams that are ranked higher. Thus, we should want the teams we play to be ranked as high as possible WHEN we play them.

We play UNC in a couple weeks, we play Arkansas in 3 months.

Which one helps us and our perception more in the short-term, and could give us more momentum going into SEC play?

Last edited:
Can UNC players stop embellishing fouls? Ok, you got hit a little so you whip your head back and fall on the ground? They did the same crap yesterday against Nova. What happened to handing out techs for flopping?

Tramon Mark for Arkansas has 32 points on 13/15 from the field and 4/5 from 3FG..

Are you kidding me? What a ridiculous stat line.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I mean of course it can. Had no idea so many would get triggered by someone thinking ahead for NCAA tournament seeding.

I am big on short-term payoffs and public perception.

Perception is reality. The committee is no different. The "eye test".

We SHOULD beat UNC, but we could absolutely lose the UNC game- whether we win or lose, I would rather it be against a team ranked in the top 15, rather than an unranked team.

No idea why this even needs to be explained.

It is better for our resume when we beat teams that are ranked higher. Thus, we should want the teams we play to be ranked as high as possible WHEN we play them.

We play UNC in a couple weeks, we play Arkansas in 3 months.

Which one helps us and our perception more in the short-term, and could give us more momentum going into SEC play?
Short of a national championship game against UCLA, no UK fans should ever root for Duke or North Carolina. I'm not sure how old you are, but rooting for North Carolina is not allowed in the circles of Kentucky fans that I know.

Can UNC players stop embellishing fouls? Ok, you got hit a little so you whip your head back and fall on the ground? They did the same crap yesterday against Nova. What happened to handing out techs for flopping?
That was a point of emphasis last year. This is a new year so they don't worry about that any more.

Tramon Mark for Arkansas has 32 points on 13/15 from the field and 4/5 from 3FG..

Dude looks to be hurt pretty bad after that fall. I don't think the Arkansas folks like it but he didn't really looked like he was fouled to me. The Carolina guy was avoiding contact with Mark.

Sec net is gonna be tough. Sec once again losing too many big ooc games. Gonna haunt the conference when we start playing each other

Reactions: dl51344
Short of a national championship game against UCLA, no UK fans should ever root for Duke or North Carolina. I'm not sure how old you are, but rooting for North Carolina is not allowed in the circles of Kentucky fans that I know.

How old are YOU is the better question? Idk how old you are but I'm old enough to actually remember the hate and vitriol of the 90s between the Cats and Hogs, and every time Arkansas has a half way decent team since then, they act like they are gods gift to the earth and are the class of the SEC, and that has only gotten worse under Musselman.

I have so much hate for all things UNC AND Arkansas, but all I care about is Kentucky Basketball and our resume come March.

When 2 teams are playing that I hate, I root for what's best for Kentucky.

Those not old enough to remember the 90s might not have the same hate for Arkansas I suppose, but the circles of Kentucky fans that I KNOW don't openly root for Arkansas.

Wow and now he is being stretchered off after a landing on his back on the floor. They strapped him to a stretcher and carted him off. Scary scene.

How old are YOU is the better question? Idk how old you are but I'm old enough to actually remember the hate and vitriol of the 90s between the Cats and Hogs, and every time Arkansas has a half way decent team since then, they act like they are gods gift to the earth and are the class of the SEC, and that has only gotten worse under Musselman.

I have so much hate for all things UNC AND Arkansas, but all I care about is Kentucky Basketball and our resume come March.

Those not old enough to remember the 90s might not have the same hate for Arkansas I suppose, but the circles of Kentucky fans that I KNOW don't openly root for Arkansas.
Arkansas without Nolan Richardson is not nearly as despicable as UNC with anyone. I don't care for Arky, but I hate UNC waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.

Arkansas without Nolan Richardson is not nearly as despicable as UNC with anyone. I don't care for Arky, but I hate UNC waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.

And that's totally fair, but I hate them both so I pivot to what's better for Kentucky.

If Kansas and Duke played tomorrow, I will root for Kansas because that helps OUR RESUME more.

And that's totally fair, but I hate them both so I pivot to what's better for Kentucky.

If Kansas and Duke played tomorrow, I will root for Kansas because that helps OUR RESUME more.
I will root for both teams to get a severe case of the 💩 and that they both have to forfeit the game.

Reactions: KFuqua

I remember UK playing against the four corners 46 years ago. Never got over that.

Looks like Mark came down on his hip really hard. Never want to see an injury by any player for any team. I hope he will be ok but looks like he's gonna be out for a while. Not good for Arkansas.

Can't breathe on Carolina without it being called a foul.
I came away from watching that thinking the opposite. I thought UNC got a terrible whistle and should have won by more than they did, not that I feel sorry for them.

Reactions: Ukcatz92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT