ADVERTISEMENT

UL message board

😂 Underwhelming. Not surprised. Toxic place.

If you have the fighting Cardinal on your underwear so everyone can see your L's up spirit when you walk around with your pants hanging off the bottom of your ass. You might be a UL fan. If your pissed off with the UL ticket office because they won't take your EBT card. You might be a UL fan. If you have to go to a bar to watch the UL games because the RENT A CENTER store took back your 60 inch TV screen, and you have to ride a bike to get there because the off the lot finance company repoed your car. You might be a UL fan.

YUM is a college arena. No pro team plays there. As far as fans not showing up when they suck, that is exactly what people on here advocate for us when we are not winning. Prior to Pitino being fired, between the Crum era and Pitino era, Louisville averaged a top 5/6 attendance in the country. When Sutton put us on probation, our attendance was way down. My son was at UK at the time and they sold left over student tickets that were lower level midcourt that my son would buy for me. I'm not really defending UL here, because I don't like them, but to say the dumb things about the city, history, arena and fan base is either ignorant or blindly biased.
It’s exactly what we did to force Barnharts hand on Joker .

Why was Kenny Payne such a disaster as a head coach for Louisville? Is he disorganized? Not understanding of Xs and Os? Poor communicator? No leadership qualities?

He was a big, big positive for you guys alongside Calipari.
Caliparis coaching tree is a utility pole . Not much success from guys that learned under him .

I've never been to the UL boards and have no plan in doing so, so I can't really speak to the actual list of candidates that UL is pursuing. But as for Collins

Good coach, defintely above average in Xs and Os. Will be much, MUCH easier to recruit to Louisville than NW. NW admissions is on par with Notre Dame, Stanford, etc. Will be much, much easier to recruit with Louisville's admissions and facilities and NIL package.

Former Coach K assistant, son of NBA legend Doug Collins. He is an Illinois boy, currently coaching in Illinois, but I don't expect that to have much of an impact on a decision to stay/go. He spent several years in the ACC as an assistant, so returning to the conference could be a smooth transition.

I also see him being pretty "clean cut", which let's be honest, the Louisville men's basketball program could use a coach with some integrity and character, and of course, you know, that can actually coach too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT