ADVERTISEMENT

UL Board of Trustees unscheduled Monday morning meeting

rimjob.gif

Jurich getting a raise when he comes back.....
As unbelievable as it sounds I think there is a chance he keeps his job(we are talking about UL don't forget)UL makes some of the dumbest decisions when it comes to their athletic program that they could possibly make(see recent history) I think naming Padgett as coach is a mistake,I know they want to keep the team together but to what end and at what possible cost?

As unbelievable as it sounds I think there is a chance he keeps his job(we are talking about UL don't forget)UL makes some of the dumbest decisions when it comes to their athletic program that they could possibly make(see recent history) I think naming Padgett as coach is a mistake,I know they want to keep the team together but to what end and at what possible cost?
One more instance of them either being completely oblivious to public opinion or snubbing their nose at the NCAA. They need a really good PR firm to tell them just how stupid they really are.

Well, it's a straight up power play. Who has the most board votes, Postel or Jurich? If this were a year ago there wouldn't be much mystery. The previous board was a sorry and unserious bunch, more concerned with being a minor celebrity, rubbing shoulders with other well known types, and getting good seats at games. This board isn't that board. Grissom is a very serious person. Another board member commented to the CJ a few days ago about the "athletic palace" about how all this money is going into sports while the reputation and ranking of the medical, law and engineering schools go downhill.

I can't see any way this new board is pressured into retaining TJ. If they do that, several of them, including the Chair and possibly the President, will resign, and your just getting one more crisis.

Plus, at some point someone will point out that whatever the NCAA does to Louisville, it's going to be worse if Jurich is retained.

If I had to guess, I'd say the reason they called this meeting for first thing Monday morning is that the big money boosters have demanded they retain Jurich. Stupid move, I know but look who we're talking about here.

There's a story on WDRB about Petrino saying he hopes Jurich is retained. Could be Jurich is using his Petrino connection as leverage to get the boosters to pressure the BOT. The story was floated about how Jurich would have fired Pitino had he known he was "coach 2" to lend some thin rational to keeping him.

These people are still in compete mode when they should be self preservation mode.

People, it's Louisville.

Jurich will be retained, they are already laying the ground work for it.

Louisville is a city college. I went to a city college and played sports. City colleges are known for living in denial. They think their program and their programs tactics are allowed full throttle because they typically own local news and media. Their beat writers are usually long time fans.

For as much as we've bashed Tipton, he's a lot more of the reason we are clean than someone like Sandy Bell.

Bring Jurich back and the next scandal is just around the corner, get rid of Jurich and behind the scenes he is going to try and bring down the athletic department using every connection he has.

Personally I prefer another public humiliation so I hope he stays.

Was he ever with Pitino at the restaurant after hours partying with those ladies? I heard it was a regular thing, birds of a fea k together?

If Jurich is kept, what will Forde, Meiners, & the CJ do since they have been critical of UL since it all broke?

I view nothing as being out of the question for this joke of a university. I have some hope that the new Board will have some intestinal fortitude but it's a tough decision that's been dumped in their laps. But then if they were smart people they wouldn't have accepted Board seats at a school that is broke and up to its ass in NCAA violations.

Nebraska fired its AD because the football team lost an embarrassing game.

Louisville is considering keeping theirs after he praised his basketball coach after he was caught cheating on his wife and paying for an abortion in an embarrassing federal extortion debacle, after hiring a football coach disgraced by a seamy scandal, after overseeing the basketball program when it got busted for paying hookers to sleep with 16-year old recruits and became the first program in history to lose a banner, after both his kids were exposed for getting shady jobs and after his hand-picked basketball coach to whom he has been joined at the hip is named by the FBI as funneling money to a recruit in a case that could result in the death penalty.

And Louisville fans wonder why they are a national embarrassment. For the sake of the entire state, hose out the pestilence and start over.

Still say people are going to jail over foundation deal, TJ has son involved and major Ponzi/money schemes that has gone on there.

He has been in charge of 3 major scandals, head of Athletic dept that may receive the death penalty or will be so close that it won't matter. They are going to be Pikeville college or Lindsey Wilson after this year for at least 3-4 years. They have zero chance of winning appeal, they are going to be neutered so bad that it will look like Ballard HS.
His daughter is part of compliance arm of Adidas wink wink wink. Nothing to see there.
His son had a big time salary.

He has been given about 50-75 million dollars from Adidas and Ramsay's foundation and cronies. It has been his personal playground to do as he wanted.

UL fans are again the least self awared people and fans. I mean how could you even think about keeping him, This is totally asinine to think that UL will not make it without Jurich, come on. He will be a fraction of himself, he will be so neutered that better off with new.
Many UL fans said they would trade the banner to keep RP and TJ, UK has 8 of those in 100 years or so, UL has 3. Very hard to get.

UL has a lot of great doctors and researchers that come through. I have heard that this has been a major dilemma for them. accreditation issues, very serious issues.

If the board votes to reinstate TJ, the entire board should be replaced, as well. TJ has presided over some of the worst violations and illegalities to happen in a major university. They need to shut the university down if that occurs, imo.

I'm still baffled that, in light of all the "athletic dept is milking the education side for money" discoveries that any semi-rational UL fan would think all those shiny new toys were built with legit funds.

The board can't keep Jurich. It would be a huge middle-finger to both the NCAA and the actual University (the part that is supposed to be educating kids). Some loud-mouths will get out in front of a microphone and say they want Jurich back, but when the adults talk they have to understand they have one and one option only.

I'm still baffled that, in light of all the "athletic dept is milking the education side for money" discoveries that any semi-rational UL fan would think all those shiny new toys were built with legit funds.

The board can't keep Jurich. It would be a huge middle-finger to both the NCAA and the actual University (the part that is supposed to be educating kids). Some loud-mouths will get out in front of a microphone and say they want Jurich back, but when the adults talk they have to understand they have one and one option only.
That makes way to much sense and is the only real option, but this is UL and there will be a strong push to keep him and "justification" presented for doing so

If I had to guess, I'd say the reason they called this meeting for first thing Monday morning is that the big money boosters have demanded they retain Jurich. Stupid move, I know but look who we're talking about here.

There's a story on WDRB about Petrino saying he hopes Jurich is retained. Could be Jurich is using his Petrino connection as leverage to get the boosters to pressure the BOT. The story was floated about how Jurich would have fired Pitino had he known he was "coach 2" to lend some thin rational to keeping him.

These people are still in compete mode when they should be self preservation mode.
Petrino has a buyout that has been cut in half since Jurich is gone.. He can't stand it. Jurich is not coming back..Quit worrying.

U6 cannot risk keeping TJ. Promoting Padgett was risky enough, keeping someone from Pitino's staff. Keeping TJ would almost certainly IMHO put the death penalty in play which would set the program back YEARS.

Didn’t the governor step in and basically disband the board and reappoint people he saw fit to fix the mess? I thought that was the case. If so, I don’t see how they could vote to keep him when they were appointed to clean up after the previous board. That would be a big FU to the governor that put them there. And if not that could mean the governor himself is involved in the shadiness.

Whatever they do they're the laughing stock of America. They're really in a "no win" situation. I'd be willing to bet the BIG donors get into the Interim President's head on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT