ADVERTISEMENT

UL Board of Trustees unscheduled Monday morning meeting

Keeping Padgett is the Typical Louisville Response. They are looking short term. They think they have a Great Team capable of competing for the National Championship. Which they may have. On the other hand they are oblivious to the fact that the NCAA is getting ready to lower the BOOM on them negating them even a chance with maybe another 1 or 2 years NCAA Ban. As for Jurich, they might as well leave the NCAA if they retain him.

They are sure posturing themselves to keep Jurich,I put nothing past those idiots at UL,those of you that think he's gone forget who you're dealing with.
Win at All Cost at University 6 and Jurich is their Hero,nevermind that all the cheating started with the Jurich Hire and turned into an organized Crime Cartel after Pitino joined up.
The fans are absolute people of no moral as long as they win.They all want Jurich to stay,it's being spewed everywhere that they want him to stay.

Last edited:
Can Jurich run the athletics department from prison? He's going down and I think Padgett will go by the end of the year.
I view nothing as being out of the question for this joke of a university. I have some hope that the new Board will have some intestinal fortitude but it's a tough decision that's been dumped in their laps. But then if they were smart people they wouldn't have accepted Board seats at a school that is broke and up to its ass in NCAA violations.
This is too early to be about firing Jurich and they will need to fire him . I'd guess either the board isn't going to approve Padgett or there is new bad news from the FBI.

Nebraska fired its AD because the football team lost an embarrassing game.

Louisville is considering keeping theirs after he praised his basketball coach after he was caught cheating on his wife and paying for an abortion in an embarrassing federal extortion debacle, after hiring a football coach disgraced by a seamy scandal, after overseeing the basketball program when it got busted for paying hookers to sleep with 16-year old recruits and became the first program in history to lose a banner, after both his kids were exposed for getting shady jobs and after his hand-picked basketball coach to whom he has been joined at the hip is named by the FBI as funneling money to a recruit in a case that could result in the death penalty.

And Louisville fans wonder why they are a national embarrassment. For the sake of the entire state, hose out the pestilence and start over.

Tennessee fired theirs in part because of Pearl.

Jurich should not be reinstated but its UL... the boosters, fans and Adidas dont give a flying eff about ethics so I would not be shocked if they keep him

Of course if the NCAA does what they've always done for violations on probation like this.. which is LOIC.... Jurich should be fired anyways because I cant think of one AD who has survived a LOIC.... He remains through that and it would just put an even larger target on UL and Jurich than there already is.

Guessing naming interim AD. Giving Jurich his 30 days paid vacation and Postel will have to show some of the big money boys in Jurichs corner what bringing Jurich back could cost.
POSSIBLY having to tell some of those boosters Postel IS university president by order of the governor.

You have to have morals to be embarrassed and clearly UL is not in that category.

The whole culture should change but won't, with little restructuring going on so far.

And if you think the NCAA is going to go after this issue, you're dead wrong. They have no issue with this or else wouldn't they have done something prior?

If Jurich can keep his job and take away the UL accolades because of the 'previous' indescretions', I'll take it. That dude is fun to beat and he's a good 'bad' guy. I miss Rick and his boasting already! ;)

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Pitino still hasn't been officially fired so look for the power ups to demand he be reinstated if they can get Jurich back.

But I can not imagine Jurich will be retained. But it is UL. .

No way that a respectable university would keep Jurich in this case, but we are talking about UL here.

Didn’t the governor step in and basically disband the board and reappoint people he saw fit to fix the mess? I thought that was the case. If so, I don’t see how they could vote to keep him when they were appointed to clean up after the previous board. That would be a big FU to the governor that put them there. And if not that could mean the governor himself is involved in the shadiness.
If the Governor was involved, he wouldn't have replaced the Board and forced out the president in the 1st place. There is a great deal of unfounded speculation on this thread. Nobody here knows why the morning Board meeting was called.

You must have lost your mind.

Bell can keep us in good academic standing and keep an eye in the team. This incident with these shoe companies has nothing to do with complaince. If U.K. Happened to be caught up in it she simply wouldn't know.

Tipton is a damn blood hound beat writer. You best believe UK knows he's always looking to expose us, he made his entire career off of the 80's scandal. He's actively pursuing everything that crosses his desk to destroy Kentucky.

It was a bit toungue and Cheek I know where you're coming from.

My UL co-worker is convinced the board "had an agenda" and Tom did nothing to warrant being fired. I brought up the extra payments from the UL Foundation and he said he didn't see anything wrong with it. The delusion is strong with the tard fans.

ADVERTISEMENT