ADVERTISEMENT

UK Women after top post player

s-ram

Senior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, Kentucky
UK hoops after top post player

University of Kentucky women's basketball coach Matthew Mitchell has already landed one of the top 25 recruiting classes in the nation for 2010.

Now, Mitchell is trying to keep the momentum going.

Mitchell and the Wildcats are in on one of the nations top post players - Nashville Hillsboro center Isabelle Harrison - who plays AAU ball for the loaded Tennessee Flight Silver team.

The 6-foot-4 Harrison was in Lexington last weekend for an AAU event and said she has narrowed her list of schools but would only say that Kentucky "is still" in the mix. She might make a decision at the end of the summer.

"It's narrowed down," she said with a smile. "But I haven't told anybody. I just want to keep it to myself now. (Kentucky) is one of the final few. I hope to make a decision, maybe at the end of the summer or just before I start school.".................

UK hoops after top post player

Mitchell could put together a championship team in the next few years. He was the perfect hire.

Originally posted by calstheman:
Mitchell could put together a championship team in the next few years. He was the perfect hire.

After UCONN moves to the WNBA.
wink.gif

Mitchell was a great hire. He has the womens hoops on the uprise and thats great news. Him and his staff are really working hard and the results are paying off.

He might build a contender for the SEC but i dont know about him winning a title. Thats pretty hard to do. UCONN will continue to be dominent. If Mitchell can turn the hoops team into something close, that would be amazing.

UK got blown out in that elite 8 by 20 points...
Uconn won their elite 8 game by 40
Uconn won their final four game 20...
UK is a long ways off from the level of Uconn and Uconn is usually who the title runs through, at least the last couple of years.

So you might wanna say more as you havent said "nuf" to prove your point as to why UK will win a title.

Originally posted by TruBlucatfan290:
UK is a long ways off from the level of Uconn and Uconn is usually who the title runs through, at least the last couple of years.

So you might wanna say more as you havent said "nuf" to prove your point as to why UK will win a title.
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Originally posted by Gary4UK:

Originally posted by TruBlucatfan290:

What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

You FAIL gary...

Wow, its not hard to see that UCONN is the elite team in women's basketball but Kentucky is NOT alone, there are ALOT of top teams who do not measure up to them. We have come leaps and bounds in the last couple of years so even though I understand you NOT wanting us to be associated with UCONN yet we can be talked about in the TOP 15 teams in the nation and that in itself is impressive.

When Maya Moore leaves UCONN they will drop a bit, maybe quite a bit based on replacements .. they will not win it all next year and will likely lose before getting to UCLA's 88 game streak .. I do give them credit tho for next year's schedule, which includes early games with their best competitors for National honors

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT