ADVERTISEMENT

UK women’s coach on sideline today

We are getting out hustled and just don't seem to have the basketball instinct we need. Tennessee goes after rebounds, we stand there and wait for them to come to us which is why we get very few. When you have the best player in college basketball you should never allow a team to have a 14 point run on you. Robin Benton and Jada Walker flat out hustle when they are on the floor, everybody else goes 3 quarter speed which leads to getting beat down the floor and out rebounded.

I refuse to watch them until they get a new coach. During her first BBM, her and the rest of the coaching staff were dancing like they worked at a strip club. Time for Mitch to take women’s basketball seriously.
I mean, the coach has the right shoes on for that.

“everybody put your hands together and welcome Candy to the stage”!!!

Mitchell put the program on the map big time. Starting next year it will have fallen completely off it.

Hopefully the next coach will be better but not expecting it. Elzy was a diversity hire not that black women shouldn’t be highly considered. She didn’t have the bona fides tho and that is the problem.

Howard just marking time until the pros next year.

This reminds me of the Joker hire.
Mitchell had built a pretty good women’s program and Elzy has destroyed it.
Only Mitch would Hire the interim coach as full time coach after only 6 games.
Amen brother this is so horrible absolutely horrible. This will make like the 3rd or 4th a$$ whooping this team has taken this year. This is totally unacceptable. Way to go Mitch way to go!

An embarrassment to the university. All losers. How could anybody go watch them at home. Players could really care less. Most of them not too good. Coach is crap. How does anybody stand watching it?

Reactions: UK till Death
The coach is a complete joke and Barnhart was a total clown hiring her full time. Barnhart has been an abysmal failure with regard to women’s basketball and baseball. And doesn’t have the balls to make a change.
Baseball was doing so good too for those few years and was building something good. It just seems like Mitch doesn’t put much thinking into a lot of his hires he goes for the EASY hire!

I will continue to watch because I’m a fan of UK but damn they get blown away about every game they’re on TV anymore!

Reactions: mattrudd
Baseball was doing so good too for those few years and was building something good. It just seems like Mitch doesn’t put much thinking into a lot of his hires he goes for the EASY hire!
This is why I DREAD Barney hiring a new MBB or FB coach. I shudder think of what we would look like if Stoops hadn't lobbied for the job so hard, and the board taking the decision away from him for MBB.

By the way Mitchell danced like a stripper at BBM too when he was coach. Elzy was just carrying on business as usual.
I refuse to watch them until they get a new coach. During her first BBM, her and the rest of the coaching staff were dancing like they worked at a strip club. Time for Mitch to take women’s basketball seriously.

There was kids watching I thought it was a disgrace myself. Last I checked Mitch had some morals well seeing as they were romping around out there I’m positive the matter was handled.

That don’t excuse what is happening to the team. They shouldn’t have trotted her out there like a guinea pig if you ask me. Got to have some experience leading this program simple as that

Well it may be. I’m sorry you didn’t like it. 🤦🏻‍♂️ They have a different dynamic going on over there though now. It’s actually closer to the truth than a lot of ppl would care to admit, accept or know about but hell I understand that it wasn’t all politically correct but I don’t even care bout women’s basketball but I am familiar with a few problems they’ve had this season. So terrible post as it was.. let me just say I’m glad the men team is winning and hope they ain’t up in the Lodge carrying on like the women are. 🤷‍♂️
I’ve come to realize if Ed thinks it’s a bad post, it’s probably good one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT