ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Vandy ( Thur. )

Apr 9, 2016
Anyone live in the Nashville area that could give us a weather report, looks like the rain may stop around 7:30 pm CDT. Would they try to get the game in with an Hour/Hour and a half delay ?

Not anywhere remotely close to Nashville, but my guess is if it is only an hour or so, then yes, they would try to get the game in. The forecast seems to have less rain chances the later it gets.
Both teams school is over, so no early classes. Might be an inconvenience for the fans, most of course are Vanderbilt fans, but this is an important series for both teams.

Not anywhere remotely close to Nashville, but my guess is if it is only an hour or so, then yes, they would try to get the game in. The forecast seems to have less rain chances the later it gets.
Both teams school is over, so no early classes. Might be an inconvenience for the fans, most of course are Vanderbilt fans, but this is an important series for both teams.
I would hope they get it in, but if not, I will tune in the other games that are being played around the SEC.

Rain keeping fans away could definitely play a factor for UK. Makes the hostile environment a bit less difficult.

About to get started in Nashville.

The boys didn't get to have batting practice today. That will make things interesting.

WTH ?? What is going on with these injuries, could this be a ruse of some kind to set up the SEC tourney pitching ?

I wouldn't think so. Need to win in the regular season. Tournament wont help us. I think we just have some bad luck here at the end of the season.

Lead off walk and stolen base. Squires moved outside and if he didn't he may have gotten an interference call.

Double to right scores a run for Vandy

Good grief, this injury situation with the pitching staff is going to make it awfully difficult on UK this weekend. Sure do hope each of the guys sitting this weekend can return for the postseason.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Back to back to back strikeouts for Hjelle to end the first. Good battle back to Hjelle

The runner should have been out on the steal. The batter crossed the plate in front on the catcher.

We are getting absolutely nothing done on offense. 14 pitches the first inning, 6 the second. No base runners so far.

My video was well ahead of audio. Now my audio is well ahead of the video. Lol

Two outs and UK gives up a walk and a single to the 8 and 9 hitters. Kills me.

I also hate the shift.

Belanger had a long talk with Hjelle. It didn't seem to work as he goes down 0-2. Hjelle already at 40 pitches.

Hjelle gets a grounder to short and Dawson goes to third for out 3. Started off as a great inning but really went down hill for pitch count.

Dawson grounds out to third, a fielders choice on a failed double play attempt.

Vandy pitcher struggling some here in the top of the third, but UK not able to take advantage.

I think had they reviewed that then Dawson would have been out on that double play attempt.

Pompey also grounds out. UK hasn't hit anything in the air. Everything has been a ground out.

Jeff Head is terrible. A pitch is dead center and he calls it a ball.

Grounder to pitcher and we can't turn two. That's just terrible guys.

A single keeps the inning alive. Should be over but the threat continues after not turning a double play quickly enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT