ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Auburn game 3.....

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
Simply, UK has got to get a win today. Cats lost, while UGA, and of course Auburn won. A&M lost, as did UT.
I don't know if Dwyer, Nelson, or perhaps a surprise, Kyle Cody may get the start today. Whoever it is UK has several pitchers who could come in if we get in a jam, Salow, Jack, Cody, Nelson etc.
The best case scenario for today would be , a win, and loses by UT, UGA, A&M. If that happens, we would be up at least one game on UGA, UT, and 2 on Auburn, and would be tied with the Aggies. We own the tie breaker with A&M, so that would be a great day if it were to happen.
Of course, the way we are going, a loss today would really put us behind the 8 ball as far as any post season play is concerned.

Leave bases loaded in 1st, now AU comes up with 4 runs.

No life, no urgency, time for Andy Green to be new coach.

Our goal should be more than finishing 12th in baseball.

Unacceptable. John Cohen proved we could do it. It's time to prove it again.

I think that we can kiss this season goodbye. I am extremely pissed off about our performance.

Very disappointing performance ,with SEC tournament and NCAAs up for the taking! No enthusiasm,no urgency to win game or series ! Pitching is dreadful !Time for a change,total apathy, something isn't working!

5-0. Looks like yet another route. Pitching is not good, and other than AJ, the top part of the order is giving UK very little right now. UK is hitless going to the bottom of the fourth.

Haha I really cannot express the amount of frustration this is giving me...

No energy, no enthusiam, the only way we make the SEC tournament is to back into it. Totally unacceptable. The undiscipline way these batters are attacking Auburn is embarrassing. Swinging at bad pitches early in the count are totally a responsibility of Green & Henderson.

I'm pretty bummed about this team too, but don't look now as a comeback is in the works.

Cats have scored four in the sixth and now trail 5-4.

A few hits, a HBP, and a few walks. Cousino now on 3rd with two outs.

UK loads the bases with no outs to start off the bottom of the seventh. Next three guys K. Just very bad.

Nice comeback, but still not happy about this game, or this weekend. So far in the last two games we have left 22 runners on base. We could have a huge lead in this game with just a couple timely hits, but instead we are tied in the 9th after making a comeback.

Players got to come through with bases loaded and no outs...terrible execution by them in a very simple situation. Need a double play here

Auburn with the bases loaded, and 1 out. I bet they score at least 1 run. Galloway miles ahead of Hendo in strategy !

Well, what do you know.........Glad I was wrong, lets get 1 run and call it a day !
This post was edited on 5/11 4:43 PM by CloverforkCat

Master strategist Galloway and Auburn come away with zero in the 9th.

Has nothin to do with coaching strategy...offensive players on both teams failed, pitchers executed solid pitches. Coaches are hopeful spectators there.

Whew... got out of the jam thanks to a strikeout and a groundout. Scary moment there. I really thought we were going to give the game away right there.

The Flying Hawaiian comes thru, he had a great series actually. Moving him up in the line up was a good move !

Pretty clutch win for a team that has been devoid of them lately. Hopefully this instills some confidence heading to Athens next weekend. A series win in Athens puts UK in great shape for the SEC and NCAA. Can't afford to get swept, UGA is playing pretty well lately.

The Georgia and the Tennessee series are both tied. Pretty crazy. Hopefully they both get beat and we can separate ourselves from them.

Big hit from Tom and a Gritty comeback win by the Cats. Bullpen came up big, and just enough offense. Good to see Cousino break out a bit.

Midweek game against an instate foe in front of what will likely be a large crowd in Paducah, and then another big SEC series next weekend. UK realty needs to claw out a series win to improve it's tenuous NCAA tournament chances.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
The Georgia and the Tennessee series are both tied. Pretty crazy. Hopefully they both get beat and we can separate ourselves from them.
Got your wish...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Pretty good Sunday for UK baseball. Cats get a comeback extra inning win, Georgia and Tennessee both lose close games, Texas A&M wins a close game at Arky, ig the hogs had won we would be tied with the Aggies at 12-15 in conf. play, but Cats would own the tie breaker. Oh well, can't be too greedy I guess.

UK needs to play for its NCAA hopes instead of the SEC Tournament. A sweep at Georgia should move us up to the top 8 in the SEC and clinch an NCAA bid. 2 of 3 at Georgia may put us at no 9 because Tex AM hosts Mississippi and the Rebels are on top of the West. THe players need to learn from their Auburn scare by getting on top early and being patient at the plate instead of swinging at bad pitches.

Originally posted by Gabewcat:
UK needs to play for its NCAA hopes instead of the SEC Tournament. A sweep at Georgia should move us up to the top 8 in the SEC and clinch an NCAA bid. 2 of 3 at Georgia may put us at no 9 because Tex AM hosts Mississippi and the Rebels are on top of the West. THe players need to learn from their Auburn scare by getting on top early and being patient at the plate instead of swinging at bad pitches.
A sweep of Georgia in Athens is HIGHLY unlikely. Winning 2 of 3 will be most difficult also, but is more realistic. Dawgs are playing their best ball of the season, having won the series against USC last weekend, and playing Ole Miss to a 1 run game in the rubber game yesterday in Oxford. I would be thrilled if the Cats took 2 of 3 in Athens this weekend !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT