ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Arkansas Coaching Staff.

Short-Dawg-69

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
UK vs Arkansas Coaching Staff
I personally am liking what Pope has put together over what Cal has.

Overall who would you pick for?
Development
Game prep
In game adjustments
Play calling

Pope vs Cal
Brooks vs Payne
Fueger vs Chinn
Hart vs Brad Calipari
Fox vs Bruiser Flint

Last edited:
I’ll take the one that wins more, whether that be because recruiting, X’s&O’s, adjustments, whatever.

UK vs Arkansas Coaching Staff
I personally am liking what Pope has put together over what Cal has.

Overall who would you pick for?
Development
Game prep
In game adjustments
Play calling

Pope vs Cal
Brooks vs Payne
Fueger vs Chinn
Hart vs Brad Calipari
Fox vs
I will take UK's, it is already known that Pope can bench coach and studies film etc for game prep, verse Cal who is a horrible bench coach, doesn't watch much film and has admitted he really doesn't game prep much because all he is worried about is how his guys play. Rumors have it two of Cal's assistants while here basically collected a check and hung out at bars.

We pretty much seen what Cal currently has done in the past few years. What did it get us? Disappointing losses to vastly inferior teams. First round losses in the SEC tournament. First weekend losses in the NCAA tournament. Great recruiting but underwhelming player development when it comes to those recruits.

It is past time for something new for the fans and the school. It worked great for a few years but lately has been very bad, especially for a program that expects to be and should be at the top of the hierarchy of college basketball.

I will take UK's, it is already known that Pope can bench coach and studies film etc for game prep, verse Cal who is a horrible bench coach, doesn't watch much film and has admitted he really doesn't game prep much because all he is worried about is how his guys play. Rumors have it two of Cal's assistants while here basically collected a check and hung out at bars.
You know, that is one thing I just can't get over...Cal not preparing for a game, not watching film of our opponent. To me that's why he doesn't coach well from the bench...since he doesn't watch film, he is seeing the opponent for the first time when we actually are playing them. He is not thinking fast enough to coach from the bench because sees the play and by the time he comes up with something, it's too late...another play is happening. 😳🥴 I just can't comprehend that.

I know I've said before that I coached middle school girls basketball for a while. I've also said that at least my girls played defense and knew a couple of plays. But more important than that is the fact that we knew our opponent BEFORE we played them. I could go watch if we weren't playing a game at the same time...or one of my girl's parents would go and try to film or take notes (remember, this was back in the dark ages before we had cell phones, and the "film" was regular 8mm or Super 8, with no sound). Most of you probably don't even know what regular 8mm or Super 8 film was...lol🤣🤣!

I mean I think we would have a huge advantage except they got Brad.
brad pitt GIF

I’ll take the one that wins more, whether that be because recruiting, X’s&O’s, adjustments, whatever.
What exactly are you wanting here friend? Are you wanting Kentucky fans to give you a Pat on the back or a great job kid kinda thing? It’s not happening here today or ever! I understand you’re excited about getting coach Cal. We all were to when we got him. I’ll tell you what though, we’ve moved on from the bullshittt talking down to fans and losing games that we had 1000% better talent. All the talent to fill the nba with all stars and 15 years of mental gymnastics and headaches. You’re going to have a couple years where you’re going to love it but it’s a rough ride buddy. Thing is though, no matter what you all do we’re never going to pat you guys on the back and tell you good job so, your move!

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
What exactly are you wanting here friend? Are you wanting Kentucky fans to give you a Pat on the back or a great job kid kinda thing? It’s not happening here today or ever! I understand you’re excited about getting coach Cal. We all were to when we got him. I’ll tell you what though, we’ve moved on from the bullshittt talking down to fans and losing games that we had 1000% better talent. All the talent to fill the nba with all stars and 15 years of mental gymnastics and headaches. You’re going to have a couple years where you’re going to love it but it’s a rough ride buddy. Thing is though, no matter what you all do we’re never going to pat you guys on the back and tell you good job so, your move!
I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I’m sorry that happened to you or congratulations and whatever.

It's just going to take a year, maybe 2, to really get things.

This is a very unproven Head Coach and staff. No one is lining up to come play for them because of that, just like they didn't for Hurley. I love this staff a lot more, but Cal and his staff have much more established resumes, relationships, etc.

Reactions: NociHTTP
As far as in game, much like Cal, his assistants gave us nothing.

But…..whenever they’d try to interject, Cal ripped their balls off and stomped on them in front of the world on national TV.

Reactions: Saven and NociHTTP
It's just going to take a year, maybe 2, to really get things.

This is a very unproven Head Coach and staff. No one is lining up to come play for them because of that, just like they didn't for Hurley. I love this staff a lot more, but Cal and his staff have much more established resumes, relationships, etc.
lol i don't know about that. we don't have a full staff yet. I think our assistants are more beloved than most anyone on Cal's staff. Maybe besides Chuck Martin and I have no idea what he did for us last year. Kids like Cal but I think the two recruiting assistants we just obtained are known in the high school game. Pope is also more personable than Cal to everyone.

lol i don't know about that. we don't have a full staff yet. I think our assistants are more beloved than most anyone on Cal's staff. Maybe besides Chuck Martin and I have no idea what he did for us last year. Kids like Cal but I think the two recruiting assistants we just obtained are known in the high school game. Pope is also more personable than Cal to everyone

Maybe. Or maybe not. I can't say I know for sure which assistants have a better rapport. But it SEEMS to me, that Pope and his staff are a little newer to the game.. and recruits still have zero idea how well he will do at a place like Kentucky.

I think it's fair to say at the very least, recruits are taking a a bit of a "wait and see" approach with UK right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT