ADVERTISEMENT

UK versus Florida ( Fri. )...

Two double plays are hurting badly. We're getting opportunities but just not taking advantage.

It just seems that we were ranked too high from where we are performing. I really didn't expect to be ranked as high as we were given our losses from the year before but we were. And I liked it and wanted it but it just isn't reality. We are clearly well below Florida. Can we beat Missouri or Tennessee?

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Still battling and still in this. We have 12 outs to get something going.

This 4-0 lead seems like 20-0 to me. I can't see Florida letting us get anything started. Ramsey walking the lead-off doesn't help.

And probably won’t make the NCAA tournament. The issues are much bigger than losing to Florida although getting abused by them definitely exposes our many weaknesses including our coaching staff.
IC...we're not going to make the SEC tourney.

I’ll say it again, I like Mingione,but something is amiss this year. No energy,focus,and don’t look like they’re enjoying playing! Disappointing! No pitching or hitting,fielding not great. Not much else to pick on.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
IC...we're not going to make the SEC tourney.
UK started the year 12-1. 13-13 since then including numerous humiliating losses. Something happened and whatever it was lies at the feet of Ming. You can try to argue well a lot of those losses were in the SEC. I argue Ming has destroyed the confidence of both the pitchers and hitters since the Texas Tech series.

Reactions: law1127
UK started the year 12-1. 13-13 since then including numerous humiliating losses. Something happened and whatever it was lies at the feet of Ming. You can try to argue well a lot of those losses were in the SEC. I argue Ming has destroyed the confidence of both the pitchers and hitters since the Texas Tech series.
I'm with you...I honestly think Henderson would have done better with this bunch.

We are overrated. I doubt it we might the Sec Tournament. Just sad. I thought we had the pitching this year but it didn’t happen.

We are overrated. I doubt it we might the Sec Tournament. Just sad. I thought we had the pitching this year but it didn’t happen.

Hjelle and Lewis are kind of our only good pitchers, gonna be interesting to see how next year goes

Just think if they hadn't have come back. Whew.

I don’t know if the crappy weather has been a factor in our demise , but something is completely different from last year. Mingione will show us what kind of coach he is,with trying to salvage the SEC play,and any possibility of the NCAA!

Ming showed his true ass when he didn't pinch hit Collett in the ninth inning. I give up with this team, about as disappointed with this bunch but I don't blame the players, my blame is with this coaching staff and the way they handled pitchers and take all the confidence out of the batters. This is not the team that took 2 of 3 from Texas Tech.

I think injuries have really hindered this team. Haake was banged up, Pompey was banged up, we lost Cam Hill for most the year, Thompson has been out since SEC play and likely was hurting before then. I think the boys could do with a break. Hopefully they will bounce back.

Reactions: cats1068
I think injuries have really hindered this team. Haake was banged up, Pompey was banged up, we lost Cam Hill for most the year, Thompson has been out since SEC play and likely was hurting before then. I think the boys could do with a break. Hopefully they will bounce back.
Also lost a lot off last year's team, ie. E White, Z Reks, M Carson, C Heady, T Marshall, Z Logue and L Salow. Talent, experience, and leadership.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Also lost a lot off last year's team, ie. E White, Z Reks, M Carson, C Heady, T Marshall, Z Logue and L Salow. Talent, experience, and leadership.
Coaching has been the difference in at least 4 losses this year. And adding 4 additional wins would make a huge difference in this season so far. Ming also set the negative tone against Florida by pulling Haake Thursday and the players have carried that over onto the field getting totally dominated.

This team is done. I still think we make the SEC and NCAA tourneys but our hosting slot is gone unless we get a sweep against Mizzou and win the vandy series (hint: not happening).

This team is done. I still think we make the SEC and NCAA tourneys but our hosting slot is gone unless we get a sweep against Mizzou and win the vandy series (hint: not happening).
The remaining schedule is MSU, Mizzou, @ UT, @ Indiana, Miss. State, @ Murray St., and @ Vandy. 15 games left, need to win 10 of those IMO, to secure an NCAA tourney bid.and at least 7 SEC wins after today would also help a lot.

Reactions: Comebakatz3

Plus the weather. We just haven’t caught any breaks this year.

ADVERTISEMENT