ADVERTISEMENT

UK versus Florida ( Fri. )...

Apr 9, 2016
Let me start by saying I, along with most every other poster, and Ben McDonald of SEC now, am upset/baffled by the removal of Z Haake after 6 straight batters retired. That was IMO, the difference in the game.
Moving on, that one is in the rear view mirror. Tonight and Tomorrow are what is of the upmost importance, needing to win is a must. If S Hjelle, and J Lew come thru with big, solid outings, at least 6 or 7 strong innings each, then our suddenly anemic bats return to early season form, we could wind up winning the series.
If that were to happen, we would be 9-9 in SEC play, and if we could win 2 of 3 next weekend at home vs Mizzou, we would be 11-10 with 3 series left. If we get to 15 or 16 SEC wins, and win a game or 2 in the SEC tourney, we will no doubt host a regional at the Cliff...... Think positive !

Let me start by saying I, along with most every other poster, and Ben McDonald of SEC now, am upset/baffled by the removal of Z Haake after 6 straight batters retired. That was IMO, the difference in the game.
Moving on, that one is in the rear view mirror. Tonight and Tomorrow are what is of the upmost importance, needing to win is a must. If S Hjelle, and J Lew come thru with big, solid outings, at least 6 or 7 strong innings each, then our suddenly anemic bats return to early season form, we could wind up winning the series.
If that were to happen, we would be 9-9 in SEC play, and if we could win 2 of 3 next weekend at home vs Mizzou, we would be 11-10 with 3 series left. If we get to 15 or 16 SEC wins, and win a game or 2 in the SEC tourney, we will no doubt host a regional at the Cliff...... Think positive !
Agree with most all of your post, however we really need to win BOTH of the next 2 games. Even winning only 1 would make next weekend's series against Missouri as one we would almost have to sweep. That is certainly possible, but pretty unlikely. Oue bats have produced 4 runs, and 7 hits the past 2 games, not going to win many games with offense like that.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Agree with most all of your post, however we really need to win BOTH of the next 2 games. Even winning only 1 would make next weekend's series against Missouri as one we would almost have to sweep. That is certainly possible, but pretty unlikely. Oue bats have produced 4 runs, and 7 hits the past 2 games, not going to win many games with offense like that.
Oh, I agree with needing to win tonight and tomorrow. Losing 2 of 3 to UF, and heaven forbid, getting swept, would really put the Cats behind the 8 ball.
And, like you said, that would make a sweep really critical next weekend against a solid Mizzou team !

Whew!!! That's a lot iffing as Jerry Claiborne use to say.

Last edited:
as bitter as I am about last night's game, the OP is correct. All is forgiven if we win the next two.

We won't hit Florida pitching with the anemic bats of Johnson and Rodriguez. I only hope that Coach Ming comes to his senses and puts Shinn in RF, Heyer at 3b and Collett in the lineup.

We won't hit Florida pitching with the anemic bats of Johnson and Rodriguez. I only hope that Coach Ming comes to his senses and puts Shinn in RF, Heyer at 3b and Collett in the lineup.
^^^
Makes sense to me.

Gabe...not even impressed with ARod's glove or arm.

Agreed. I was furious all day about the game, but it’s time to move on. Let’s hope Hjelle has his best stuff tonite and the hitters swing at strikes.

Is Collett Hurt? Righthander on the mound and Collett sits. Another strange non-move by CM. If I am Collett, I am looking to transfer at the end of the season. No excuses, other that he is uhurt.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Is Collett Hurt? Righthander on the mound and Collett sits. Another strange non-move by CM. If I am Collett, I am looking to transfer at the end of the season. No excuses, other that he is uhurt.

He's hitting .118 in league play

That hurts that we get someone to third with one out and can't score and then they execute in the top half.

NM has lost it.. so you sacrifice your DH. Period. To be able to give a .222 hitter who has zero RBIs on the season and your ninth hitter an opportunity to drive in the runs. absolutely freaking amazing

NM has lost it.. so you sacrifice your DH. Period. To be able to give a .222 hitter who has zero RBIs on the season and your ninth hitter an opportunity to drive in the runs. absolutely freaking amazing

Fly ball scores a run. So average is out of play. If you’re playing you gotta get it in the air. See UF

Wow....baseball gods seem to hate us today. Can't get a break there on a bounce off the wall.

Ming has no idea when to call for a review. Silly. He was out by a mile.

It's kind of silly that Kentucky can't take the field and warm up and get ready.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT