ADVERTISEMENT

UK-USM Game Thread

Beats last years start. 1st game generally not a good indicator of future results good or bad. So I'm glad to be 1-0 and on to the next. Should be no danger of team getting too full of themselves.
The interesting thing is how different this year was to last year. Last year our offense in game 1 was dynamic and impressive. Our defense was atrocious. This year the offense was atrrocious while the defense was much improved.

I disagree, I feel like UK was a soft on their play calling as possible... and USM really struggled to sustain any drives. Their D was alright but only bc UK was playing with the lead and became predictable.

I agree, I think UK felt they could win this without using the entire playbook, at least that's what I'm hoping.
At some point they're going to need to throw from the Wildcat or it's an easy play to defend.
Also, one thing that made Snell so productive last year was Boom. Defenses got wore out chasing Boom, then Snell would just power through the arm tackles. We need a speed back for this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT