ADVERTISEMENT

UK TV Schedule Kinda Sucks For Early Season

Been checking the espn app and I can’t find any listing for either exhibition game. Anyone else find them?

If you have access to internet you have access to ESPN+...you just have to pay for it.

Have family in Jackson County and no problems connecting there.
I have ESPN+ with my Hulu. I think the problem is I have YouTube TV and only get SEC Network but no SEC Network +. This will really suck if I can’t get these SEC Network + games.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I have ESPN+ with my Hulu. I think the problem is I have YouTube TV and only get SEC Network but no SEC Network +. This will really suck if I can’t get these SEC Network + games.
If you get SEC network you get SEC +. You log in on the app using your cable log in information. The ESPN + is a different thing. You have to log in to it as well on the app. You log in to both on the app but they are different from each other.

Just download the ESPN app and watch ESPN+ direct from that. All of the SEC Network+ games should be on ESPN+ app....I think, right?

The DH is a bastarsization of baseball. Period. You're either a ball player or you not. What's next, a pitchers helper for fielding? ...and Crash Davis agrees with me.

Give me the old NL manager's duel at the end of a game, over some lard ass waddling out there and just swinging away. Again, you're either a ball player or you're not.
Same goes for the QB and all the you can't land on him when you tackle him rules

The DH is a bastarsization of baseball. Period. You're either a ball player or you not. What's next, a pitchers helper for fielding? ...and Crash Davis agrees with me.

Give me the old NL manager's duel at the end of a game, over some lard ass waddling out there and just swinging away. Again, you're either a ball player or you're not.
Yep. Kinda sucks for Shohei because he’s one of the best hitters AND pitchers in the game but he can only be one at a time. Kinda negates his greatness in a way. When he’s healthy enough to pitch of course

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Just download the ESPN app and watch ESPN+ direct from that. All of the SEC Network+ games should be on ESPN+ app....I think, right?
I have access to SECN+ and it does NOT have the UK exhibition game listed. Only thing I see is a women’s volleyball game.

I have access to SECN+ and it does NOT have the UK exhibition game listed. Only thing I see is a women’s volleyball game.

Looks like it will be unless something changes.

SEC Network+
A digital platform that offers additional SEC events that are not available on television. It's a part of the ESPN+ streaming service and is accessible through the ESPN app or espn.com/watch. SEC Network+ includes events like football, basketball, softball, and baseball.

I remember when I was a kid and I had to listen to some games on the radio. Either that or stay up until 11:30 to watch the delayed broadcast.
The old tape delay Jefferson Pilot broadcasts. Seems brutal in hindsight, but somehow nostalgic as well. Staying awake that late listening to the soothing baritone of Rob Bromley was a test for the true fans.

Reactions: Aike
There really needs to be a pinned thread on here for you folks who have trouble with the streaming stuff. Every game these threads pop up. Could be a useful resource.
It’s not that I don’t know how streaming works, it’s that the game isn’t listed on the espn app to be streamed.

It's gotten better, but it's just slow. Running lines cost money as you alluded to; and often times companies want kickbacks or incentives to run said lines. They won't run it just because Aunt Petunia wants it.

It's just tough to funnel that around here at times- our economy isn't rip roaring to say the least. If you can get service it's usually stable and good. The issue is getting it. North Christian used to be the toughest spot because it's hilly and full of hollars. So satellite is still not a great option in spots up there.

Internet in general needs to be improved across the entirety of the US. But as you mentioned, distance is a pain.
Starlink is literally available in every corner of Kentucky.

There is no need to "run lines"

That’s great. Did you miss the part where satellite is iffy in parts of Kentucky due to terrain? And some people don’t want satellite. Starlink may be a bit cheaper a month but requires a larger upfront investment as well.

Terrain does not have much to do with it. There cant be many properites that are completely covered by a tree canopy. The footprint of a house alone, should provide ample space to receive a signal.

$300 for an intial investment. It is not nothing, but I would not consider it as much of a barrier to entry. You can get a 50" TV for that these days.

My 80 year old parents live in rural Illinois where Microwave was the only option at 16MBPS. They now get over 300MBPS with Starlink and were able to install it with minimal remote support.

Their house is surrounded by huge Oak and Maple trees and line of site was not an issue.

They may pay $20 a month more than their former Mom and Pop ISP.

If people in rural communities do not have viable internet, it is by choice.

Terrain does not have much to do with it. There cant be many properites that are completely covered by a tree canopy. The footprint of a house alone, should provide ample space to receive a signal.

$300 for an intial investment. It is not nothing, but I would not consider it as much of a barrier to entry. You can get a 50" TV for that these days.

My 80 year old parents live in rural Illinois where Microwave was the only option at 16MBPS. They now get over 300MBPS with Starlink and were able to install it with minimal remote support.

Their house is surrounded by huge Oak and Maple trees and line of site was not an issue.

They may pay $20 a month more than their former Mom and Pop ISP.

If people in rural communities do not have viable internet, it is by choice.

By choice? Some sure. But not all like you assume.

300 bucks is not a cheap entry point a lot of folks.

Is signing up for ESPN+ on pc good enough to get the game tonight? I don't watch sports on a television or my smartphone.

EDITED: I just signed up for ESPN+ on pc, the game is listed on there :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT