ADVERTISEMENT

UK opens as a pretty big favorite over Miami

Taking Miami moneyline (+175) on this one but hoping for a UK win!!

Here's something from the web that may help: (read the whole thing here)

The spread, also referred to as the line, is used to even the odds between two unevenly matched teams.

Bookmakers set a spread with the hopes of getting equal action on both sides of a game. For example, the Colts are a -3 point favorite against the Texans. The -3 points is the spread. If you want to bet the Colts on the spread, it would mean the Colts need to win by at least three points for you to win the bet. If the Colts win by two points, you would lose the bet because they didn't hit the key number of three.
Aha, thank you! So the "-" doesn't mean that it's a "negative" number? Now as long as the margin of victory is at least 3 pts you win the bet? Does that mean you can bet on a team to lose by 3 pts? I'm probably not making any sense lol.

I read that a few times myself and thought about commenting but I can’t be a smarta$$ in every thread. 😂😂
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Just ribbing you.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Can’t wait. My first Rupp visit since 2016. Just got in for work trip in Cincy that I purposely planned around this game. And 7 rows from the floor ain’t bad, either. :cool:
Nice! Bring us luck Dude! If we win we are gonna have to GoFundMe seats for you the rest of the year.

Listen I am very nervous about this game!
This is another big match up and opportunity (we have to win).
Makes me sick seeing the money line meaning the officials are definitely gonna be involved like always. I hope we stay on fire and get to where Cal can’t blow a lead.

Last edited:
Reactions: westerncat
For those of us (or just me lol) here who don't know how betting works, or what the "spread", can someone please explain to me what is going on? What does -2.5 and -6.5 mean?
If your team is -2.5 or -6.5, it means they are the favorite and are expected to win. If you bet Kentucky to win -2.5, it means Kentucky has to win by 3 or more points to win the bet. If you took Kentucky to win at -6.5, Kentucky would have to win by 7 or more points to win the bet. On the flip side, if your team is +4.5 or so, and you bet them to win but they still lose, as long as they didn't lose by 5 or more points, you still win the bet.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Money line betting is basically betting dimes to dollars in many cases. If I bet you a hundred dollars that The Philadelphia Eagles would beat The Pennsylvania high school football state champions in a straight up bet, would you take it? No. So the money line is something like this. If I bet you $100 that the Eagles would beat the state champs and I was wiling to bet my $100 to your single nickel, would you take that bet? You probably would. If you lose, you only lose a nickel. But if you win, you win $100. If you bet $100 on the Eagles and win, you'd get $100.05. (Your original $100 bet back, and 5 cents of profit) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ukgold
Over/Under betting is basically betting on how many points you think will be scored by both teams in the game. If the over/under is 50.5 points and you think the combined scores of both teams will be 51 or more, you'd bet the over. If you think it will be 50 or less, then you'd bet the under.

KY is still -6 on DRAFTKINGS and -5.5 on FanDuel. 87-80 KY is the prediction I looked at after work so I bet KY -6 and the over. +278 Ten dollars pays 37.50

Reactions: Fox2monk
Lots of money coming in late on UK apparently after the early money came in on UM. I got UK -5.5 on FD last night (could have gotten -4.5 earlier yesterday but procrastinated too long)

This morning it's up again to the opening line of -6.5.

ACC fan here. Miami is always very physical and well coached. They have multiple guys that can shoot very well and they also have several guys who can spread the floor and drive to the hoop. The most similar team style wise from the SEC I have seen is Tennessee.

What you described, other than being physical, is the exact opposite of Tennessee.

Aha, thank you! So the "-" doesn't mean that it's a "negative" number? Now as long as the margin of victory is at least 3 pts you win the bet? Does that mean you can bet on a team to lose by 3 pts? I'm probably not making any sense lol.
Yep- that's exactly what you can do. And the more underdogs you bet, the better off you'll be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT