ADVERTISEMENT

UK only team in history to win 3 games in a week and drop in the polls?

Most folks go by the AP, and even the AP is not a good indicator this time of year, MSU is #3 with a record of 3-2.

Most folks go by the AP, and even the AP is not a good indicator this time of year, MSU is #3 with a record of 3-2.

Polls are mostly useless, but they were put at #3 when they were 3-1 and have since lost to go to 3-2. They don’t update the polls in real time. Next Monday they won’t be #3 anymore.

Polls are useless this time of year. Start watching them in February when things have had time to stabilize.
However, the Evansville loss will hurt UK in March. Especially if we don't beat OSU, UofL and pick up some quality wins on the road in the SEC.

Polls are always useless unless you’re a middle schooler. I cared a lot then.

To be fair msu has got that type of poll love as long as I can remember every season. Don't ask me why. I seem to remember an 8 or 9 loss msu ranked well one season.

No, MSU was #3 with a record of 3-1. They lost last night, the rankings don't refresh every 2 minutes.
Come Monday, MSU is going to drop. Let's not act like the AP voters put them at #3 AFTER they lost their 2nd game.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Duke and UNC have both moved up in the polls after a loss and I seem to recall UNC moving up after losing 2 in 1 week.

There was one year where Notre Dame kept raising or holding steady in the polls despite losing 6 of 9 games. It was crazy. I think it was during the Harangody years.

I liked Coach Rupp’s attitude. Beat teams as badly as possible and remind them of it while you’re doing it.

I liked Coach Rupp’s attitude. Beat teams as badly as possible and remind them of it while you’re doing it.

We stayed at 9 in the AP which I put more stock in. Coaches are focused on their team. We’re not going to move up by winning our next 4 even decisively unless maybe Gonzaga or UVa lose. We could lose a spot or two if someone behind us gets a big win over a ranked team. We’ll find out where we are one way other against Ohio St and UL.

Some ridiculous posts here. UK lost to Evansville, a bad MVC team, at home while ranked number 1. If this had happened to one of our rivals, we would have roasted them for years. It was a brutal loss, Cal’s worst regular season loss at UK by far.

It is what it is and UK isn’t being unfairly penalized. Just keep winning and don’t worry about rankings in November. Gotta see results, not rankings.

No, MSU was #3 with a record of 3-1. They lost last night, the rankings don't refresh every 2 minutes.
Come Monday, MSU is going to drop. Let's not act like the AP voters put them at #3 AFTER they lost their 2nd game.
Let me clarify, MSU was number 1 at the beginning, they are now 3-2 showing that early rankings doesn't mean anything.

Anyone watching the Kansas game, and the Duke game? We are damn sure a top ten team if they are top five. They play just as bad as us.
No argument here. We're still a LONG LONG way from becoming the Team we can (and will) be.

meh, I don't really care too much, and don't really think this is a good bit of evidence if you want to make "there's a bias against UK argument."

Are we really one of the top 10 teams in the country? Likely not. Cal is breaking them down to build them up the right way. They are learning on the fly. probably not one of the best teams in early/mid November. I don't care about that. I care about being better in December and January and February, and being one of the best in March. And he usually delivers on that. It's a formula that he's got pretty well down.

I might normally agree, and say Kentucky isn't a top10 team right now... But I'm not even sure you can assuredly put 5 teams ahead of us, simply for how down this year is.

Let's start of with the teams that aren't absolutely ahead of us:

Florida, Duke, MSU, Kansas, Tennessee, Baylor.. And then a lot of teams that crept into the top rankings.. like TTU, OSU, Oregon..

I think Kentucky is definitively a top 10 team.. and probably closer to top5.

Reactions: University-6
So?? that doesnt mean they haven't moved up after a loss and doesnt mean I was saying anything about a conspiracy theory. Get over yourself.

I don't about the circumstances surrounding their move up the polls but it sounds to me there are certain posters on here who believe there is a conspiracy by some voters to keep Kentucky down.

If the voters didn't give them reason to think such things they wouldn't.

I don't about the circumstances surrounding their move up the polls but it sounds to me there are certain posters on here who believe there is a conspiracy by some voters to keep Kentucky down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT