ADVERTISEMENT

UK offers Caleb Wilson over a million bucks

Per David Sisk. Arkansas has offered more but Wilson prefers UK.
Wonder what UNC offered. Seems to be more between us and UNC at this point.

Separately, Dybantsa's price tag is crazy. Saw some speculation that his price tag is like $7M - $8M or something crazy allegedly. Saw a Torres video and if he had to guess, he said BYU was the leader for him right now.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Separately, Dybantsa's price tag is crazy. Saw some speculation that his price tag is like $7M - $8M or something crazy allegedly. Saw a Torres video and if he had to guess, he said BYU was the leader for him right now.
$7-8 million and he will probably gone in a year. I think it’s better to spend that on multiple kids outside of the top 10, plus an elite transfer.

Sounds to me like an unrealistic asking price type lie his guys are putting out to drive up the price.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
This crazy want for money. You watch, before soon we will be like Tennessee and have a sur-charge on ticket sales of $25 to $100 per seat to go to games. Will have to do it to keep up if you want a team that can compete at all.

Or we will have to go down a level and get out of the power 4 level of sports.

It is coming, just look at Blue White game, was for the average fan with tickets either $5.00 when it was at memorial or $10 at Rupp. Heck I took back in the day my son and quite a few of his teammates to the Blue White game. They used to have a blast. Think about it, a family of 5 last night would have had to paid at least $625 bucks just to get in the door. Dont tell me Blue White is the event for the average fan or family. That is not a game type of situation. Soon games will either be on the major channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX or the ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) or will be pay per view as the greed will only get worse and will not get better. You will have to buy the SEC Football package, NCAA basketball package and so forth. Soon you will see guys before they hit college as millionaires. I know there are a couple like Bronny James but it will be the norm. They will be guys that never play in the NBA make a couple of million before their NCAA careers are complete. Without any type of good education.

$7-8 million and he will probably gone in a year. I think it’s better to spend that on multiple kids outside of the top 10, plus an elite transfer.
Same. Lebron James may have been the only player worth that for a single season and that’s questionable. But if you’re spending 8m on one player, you better have a solid roster already or believe they can single handily win you a title

Reactions: Zissou87
Berea College while a dark horse has offered him a gallon of patchouli and a wicker basket set. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

And all the chicks with armpit hair he can handle.

I kid… I love Berea college. Hoping my nephew can get in there.

Also said Arkansas has unloaded he Tyson chicken nugget bank for an offer on Cenac . From what I’m hearing, we want Wilson OR Cenac . Arkansas is willing to pay for both.

If these reported numbers are true, there’s next to no way boosters and donors are going to continue to shell out that type of money year after year, and get nothing back in return.

It will be interesting to see when the top programs start to tap out, because it is coming!

Reactions: SemperFiCat
We’ve been paying players for years. Everyone has. It’s just legit now, so it’s common knowledge.

Bar fans, donors, and businesses from contributing to NIL. Only schools can pay players and they can only do it from the real proceeds (checks they’ve cashed) from real money they’ve made off the players’ names, images, and likenesses: TV and radio deals, apparel, and ticket sales. And they have to show receipts.

That takes all the worst of this craziness back off the table. And guess what? It’s the only real reason NIL exists in the first place, supposedly.

This is largely a manufactured problem.

So some of these kids are making more in college than if they were in the NBA. Makes no sense And they can leave after one year. If UK pays them then their salary has to be made public I assume?

Reactions: TFCats11
This crazy want for money. You watch, before soon we will be like Tennessee and have a sur-charge on ticket sales of $25 to $100 per seat to go to games. Will have to do it to keep up if you want a team that can compete at all.

It is coming, just look at Blue White game, was for the average fan with tickets either $5.00 when it was at memorial or $10 at Rupp. Heck I took back in the day my son and quite a few of his teammates to the Blue White game. They used to have a blast. Think about it, a family of 5 last night would have had to paid at least $625 bucks just to get in the door. Dont tell me Blue White is the event for the average fan or family. That is not a game type of situation. Soon games will either be on the major channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX or the ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) or will be pay per view as the greed will only get worse and will not get better. You will have to buy the SEC Football package, NCAA basketball package and so forth. Soon you will see guys before they hit college as millionaires. I know there are a couple like Bronny James but it will be the norm. They will be guys that never play in the NBA make a couple of million before their NCAA careers are complete. Without any type of good education.
Good education means nothing. College is the biggest waste of money yet. When it starts costing 3000 to take your new EV to the shop remember you were warned.

Reactions: FirewithFire
So some of these kids are making more in college than if they were in the NBA. Makes no sense And they can leave after one year. If UK pays them then their salary has to be made public I assume?
Maybe it's even better than the NBA because you can change teams any time you feel like it or you get a better offer.

Reactions: UKortho
My consumption of Div. 1 college basketball was at an all time low last season, largely due to the ripples of NIL. I anticipate it will be even lower this season. I’m among those who aren’t supporting this crap.

Last edited:
Good education means nothing. College is the biggest waste of money yet. When it starts costing 3000 to take your new EV to the shop remember you were warned.
I have 3 kids. One of the 3 stuck with college and now has her doctorate. She is doing fairly well in Central Michigan, cannot do great in Michigan with the Gov they have but still. My other 2 kids went and dropped out. One is doing OK and the other is struggling.

If you are not willing to go into a trade, IT, Plumbing, Electrical and so forth you will struggle (unless you make it on YouTube or something like that). Anyway, Depends on the person if college makes a difference or not, same in the real world.

I sincerely hope the whole thing fails. I want us to win titles, but I want the landscape to fail miserably. To a point that the schools vote for education, and school spirit to rein over "muh brand".

If these reported numbers are true, there’s next to no way boosters and donors are going to continue to shell out that type of money year after year, and get nothing back in return.

It will be interesting to see when the top programs start to tap out, because it is coming!
When they all tap out is when this hopefully all will settle down and go back to some sort of normalcy. It’s the Wild West right now however

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I sincerely hope the whole thing fails. I want us to win titles, but I want the landscape to fail miserably. To a point that the schools vote for education, and school spirit to rein over "muh brand".
It would have been so much better for college sports if things like D-League in NBA would have worked. Then you would have the best of the rest playing college. This junk is just awful or turrible (as Charles Barkley would say).

You want to stay at the top, you're gonna have to pay. At least until Pope proves himself a bit more. But even then, there's no way you're gonna be able to field a F4 worthy team unless you shell out some money. It is what it is.
And that’s the whole point for more than just a few fans. This “new landscape of college athletics” just isn’t worth the squeeze. To many it is, to many it isn’t.

I have 3 kids. One of the 3 stuck with college and now has her doctorate. She is doing fairly well in Central Michigan, cannot do great in Michigan with the Gov they have but still. My other 2 kids went and dropped out. One is doing OK and the other is struggling.

If you are not willing to go into a trade, IT, Plumbing, Electrical and so forth you will struggle (unless you make it on YouTube or something like that). Anyway, Depends on the person if college makes a difference or not, same in the real world.
Everyone needs a marketable skill.

It is not about banners, front of jersey and tradition ... it is all about the money. Fan interest and loyalty will wane over time.

And that’s the whole point for more than just a few fans. This “new landscape of college athletics” just isn’t worth the squeeze. To many it is, to many it isn’t.

It's fine to me because the players deserve their piece of the corrupt pie that is college athletics.

I dont contribute anything either and never will. I'll watch and cheer and see what happens.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
If everyone thinks player injury and status should be public, then so should money to players, especially if paid by fans.

Yep and it won’t be long until high school players at large markets demand this. We’ve turned sports upside down and it’s a bit disgusting.
I'm hoping it all burns to the ground and they are forced to rebuild college sports in a way more like it was. Offer more pro leagues to go to if they want huge money. If you go to college, everyone gets a set amount. If they won't do that then maybe bankroll money for them the longer they stay. Then they can cash out when they leave.

Has to cause major morale issues when some players are getting chicken feed and other teammates are getting millions and driving around in luxury/sports cars while wearing a bunch of bling. Keep them all the same until they announce they are leaving. Doesn't cost them any money.

In fact, it gains interest and keeps them from blowing it all as soon as they get it. You know a teenager that gets handed a huge check will blow it. Heck, even pro athletes tend to blow their money. If my money was treated that way in the Air Force, I'd have gotten out with probably $20k in the bank instead of being broke from trying to pay off all my debts before I left.

It's a pretty similar situation. We got our housing and food (plus other things) paid for and really didn't have much we had to spend money on. The same for the players. We were all driving around in mostly used cars with some being old and rusted (me raising my hand). Something has to change or fans will get fed up with it as prices keep going up and there won't be any sports for the players anymore. Just colleges for education.

Everyone needs a marketable skill.
If I could talk to kids searching, I would have them in Network Security field. This past year I have had to work the NCIS team out of San Diego and with FBI on Network routers being hacked by Chinese government using TLS Port 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2. Same goes for other devices on networks that have TLS settings. The Chinese government cannot hack our government from IP addresses outside the country. Devices made in China and such the government uses said devices to get to our government servers and such.

I have a small business router at a company in Cincinnati. In 5 minutes the Chinese hacked the TLS port, go into Government Military Servers in North Carolina and stole all the tech that needed that time. I had to prove my setup and such to not be under fire from FBI or NCIS as a traitor or conspirator. Was a rough few days. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT