ADVERTISEMENT

UK now the favorite for #1 high school center

Also think UK should target an elite shooter--no matter the position or route. (HS, Prep, Overseas, Reclassification, Post Grad....) to go with the elite signees and holdovers (Matthews who will fit perfectly style wise but needs to work on shot).

This x1000

If Monk and Fox just keep throwing bricks every game, I give up. Athleticism and speed are great, but can we please have at least one shooter? Just one guy you can reliably set a screen for a pick and pop?

This x1000

If Monk and Fox just keep throwing bricks every game, I give up. Athleticism and speed are great, but can we please have at least one shooter? Just one guy you can reliably set a screen for a pick and pop?
the problem with that is most great shooters seem to not defend very well which means coach Cal won't put them on the floor. Aka Dodson/Mulder

This x1000

We definitely need shooters.

I am still having a hard time believing Ulis and Murray are not lighting it up so far this season.

I still have faith that their shots will start to fall by the end of the season and things will start to click on offense.

If that happens, we will be tough to beat.

the problem with that is most great shooters seem to not defend very well which means coach Cal won't put them on the floor. Aka Dodson/Mulder

Doron Lamb was good enough to keep in the game, so was Darius Miller. You can find guys who can shoot and are good enough on defense to play. Hell, the Harrisons weren't great at either.

Not like this team is kicking ass on defense anyhow.

I'm just tired of having the same gameplan (pack it in, dare them to shoot) against us nearly every year. It's also not fun to watch...at all.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
Unless Skal goes through a complete transformation between now and the end of the season, the NBA is the last place he will be playing next season. Matthews has some talent but not OAD talent. With the class that is coming in next year, he could be the glue for this team in the next 2-3 years if he stays. Makes no sense for him to be thinking of leaving after one year.

lololololololololol....dumbest post of the day

Wouldn't hurt my feelings for Tyler to return his Junior year. With the talent coming in, can you imagine it?

Murray and Skal definitely gone
Poythress - unless he decides to get that medical redshirt for last year, is obviously gone (he graduated
Lee - that's interesting to think about; let's see how he does the rest of the season
Briscoe is most likely gone
Matthews will return, as (of course) will Willis and Hawkins
Humphries is a project - he's shown some good things, but he has to return due to age
Mulder - I know he's a transfer - he has two years of eligibility (counting this one)- right?
Floreal - obvious

I'm not really good with the recruiting; honestly don't pay as much attention as I should.

I would rather have Simmons. I think we need another guard.

On the calendar to go see Simmons play tonight. He'll more than likely look so much better than the others, but very interested to see if he puts up a few jumpers and check out his perimeter shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT