ADVERTISEMENT

UK not on list of 7 for Dybantsa

Rumors are he is asking a ton as his NIL price. I wonder if pope backed away since he has a lot of players to replace and we need that money. Maybe we get 2 or 3 really good players for his price. We'll likely never know.

I am perfectly fine with this. This guys are hit or miss and if anyone should know that it would be UK fans. No way I would dump a large % of our NIL dollars on an unproven commodity. We will get our fair share of freshman and the core of the team is always going to need to be from the transfer portal until something changes. These 5 star guys are going to have to realize unless they are generational type player they are not going to be able to command huge NIL dollars, its just not going to happen. If someone is stupid enough to pay this kid 3 million dollars without him ever playing a single college game then that is a huge win for us and everyone else who didn't get him.

When has the Number 1 recruit in the nation won a Championship? Or in the last 20 years. Does anyone know?

I’m glad we didn’t get included on the list for him to inevitably go elsewhere. I could only take so much of the useless conversation around how he was worth the monstrous NIL amount coming his way.

I knew it wasn’t a fit when I saw the below a few weeks back.

Dad running recruitment announcing a commitment timeline 7 months away for “black history month” was pretty ridiculous to me at least.

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
Damn! Thought the Terrence Clarke connection would get UK at least a shot.

Watched him play in person twice and his ranking is more than deserved

• Haha
Well, easy comeback then to the Cal "fan boys" - #1 recruit didn't list Arkansas.
Nor UConn. Only has UNC and KU for blue bloods and only ine of those can potentially get him.

CBB has really changed and the days of being a blue bloods really just don’t matter much. Self is the only old guard left at a blue blood and even he isn’t just killing it.

All about money.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I’m glad we didn’t get included on the list for him to inevitably go elsewhere. I could only take so much of the useless conversation around how he was worth the monstrous NIL amount coming his way.

I knew it wasn’t a fit when I saw the below a few weeks back.

Dad running recruitment announcing a commitment timeline 7 months away for “black history month” was pretty ridiculous to me at least.
That’s a little….odd. Maybe this is a good miss.

Rumors are he is asking a ton as his NIL price. I wonder if pope backed away since he has a lot of players to replace and we need that money. Maybe we get 2 or 3 really good players for his price. We'll likely never know.
Shocking the #1 overall recruit regardless of class would want to be paid like it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Funny thing is, his father said it wasn't about NIL, as they had left some big money schools off the list. But they have BYU listed, yes BYU, who have been throwing serious money around in NIL according to several people. Obviously it is about the $, BYU is offering big money, so they made the list. Maybe the big money schools left off the list was done so because they was NOT willing to pay his asking price ? So in all actuality, they (the school he cut)cut him, so his father's statement is just a ploy to cover up his huge asking price and made to look like they just cut the said schools because of other reasons. I agree with the one poster, I am completely fine with not using a large portion of your NIL budget on ONE player. Just like the NBA, you can't have 2/3 stars (Lakers / Suns) and be left with a budget to fill out the rest of the roster with minimum contract talent. You just can't win using all of your NIL budget / Salary cap on a couple / few players. Not to mention the distraction it causes to the team with one guy getting paid millions while they are getting a much smaller amount. Which is why I like the way our roster this year is constructed, we may not have that ONE star, but we have a roster full of competent players, and are a legit 9/10 deep without much, if any fall off in talent.

In todays landscape, you really and truly have to build a TEAM, and a team that fits, and has every facet of the game covered. Offense, defense, rebounding, passing, along with, most importantly, a group of players who are committed to the plan and each other. A "team" of a couple of guys getting paid and simply there to make a statement, will not be the best way to win big. JMO. Let the guys who want the bag go elsewhere, sign the talented players who want to play together for the same common goal and each other. Not saying Dybantsa doesn't want to win in college, I do not know the kid, but what I am saying is by him asking for a large portion of a teams NIL budget, it severely hurts his teams chance of doing so. Unless he can carry a bunch of mediocre players on his back, which I haven't seen any one player do in years. Too much parity in todays game for any 1 player to carry a team, other teams will have better top to bottom talent and depth, that t will make it impossible to do so.

Last edited:
He’s a damn fine player worth the money, make no mistake. Odd not seeing Arkansas or us on the list. We did however make Darren Peterson’s list and he’s a fine player himself. We are in on a lot of highly ranked kids so it’s all good. We need 3-4 good freshman and a couple transfers again.

He’s a damn fine player worth the money, make no mistake. Odd not seeing Arkansas or us on the list. We did however make Darren Peterson’s list and he’s a fine player himself. We are in on a lot of highly ranked kids so it’s all good. We need 3-4 good freshman and a couple transfers again.
If we're intending to hold onto those freshman or at least half of them, I'm totally fine with it, otherwise I'd prefer we just go the transfer portal route with known commodities. Pope seems really tuned into the portal and getting deep with stats.

I would love to land Peterson but I think he will go to Kansas.

• Sad
Reactions: shaudyshaud
I don't know how much stock to put into it but I saw on Youtube(Locked on Kentucky) that Peterson had signed a contract with Adidas and would likely sign with Kansas since they are an Adidas school. I guess that means Adidas provided their gear? Honestly, I don't even know what type gear UK uses; just never cared.

Wurr's Fayettville on his list??

Friends Leatylrs GIF

No Arkansas is strange to me.

If Pope was willing to pay $2 to 2.5 million, we'd have a shot at this kid. He's worth it, too.

Seems people don't realize how well byu hired. On paper, absent Pope's attachment here, you could very well argue they upgraded. They definitely did if you want to draw nba talent.

Now there is more to running a program, but in terms of coaching and development that guy has it in spades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT