ADVERTISEMENT

UK NCAA chances

Wow D1 predicting this morning that just 8 SEC teams get in. No Bama, no Ole Miss, and no Kentucky.

Wow D1 predicting this morning that just 8 SEC teams get in. No Bama, no Ole Miss, and no Kentucky.
The announcers mentioned late last night that D1 baseball has us out. I could tell by their tone they didn’t like it and as a matter of fact, I think Chris Burke said he would ask Kendall Rogers why. McDonald and Burke both took up for UK.

UK is a non-traditional NCAA baseball program, takes more to get them in. Not sure even 40 wins would do it. Modest success of the last month will be ignored.

Reactions: SeanCain
UK is a non-traditional NCAA baseball program, takes more to get them in. Not sure even 40 wins would do it. Modest success of the last month will be ignored.

I think that might play a bit more if Ole Miss gets in. For me... the fact that we finished 12th in the league looms large. It just seems difficult to get over that.

The announcers mentioned late last night that D1 baseball has us out. I could tell by their tone they didn’t like it and as a matter of fact, I think Chris Burke said he would ask Kendall Rogers why. McDonald and Burke both took up for UK.

D1 really likes RPI and UKs RPI is just not high enough. The non conference schedule being ranked 195 is killing us.

I think that might play a bit more if Ole Miss gets in. For me... the fact that we finished 12th in the league looms large. It just seems difficult to get over that.
And that's what I mean by UK being a non-traditional baseball school, a lot to overcome. Last 2-3 weeks of the season can be used to build for the future however, just not sure enough is in place to effectively do that.

And that's what I mean by UK being a non-traditional baseball school, a lot to overcome. Last 2-3 weeks of the season can be used to build for the future however, just not sure enough is in place to effectively do that.
I think you’re right on the money about that. UK really didn’t have a good season until the tournament.

Win those two would have put us at 14 regular season wins and we would have finished 10th instead of 12 with a much better resume.

I hate to keep harping on this but I think people are forgetting, this team finished 12th in conference play. And was playing that last game to even get into the tournament. A good run in the conference tournament doesn’t change that in my mind.

I do have to wonder though, and I know it’s a different sport, but look at basketball. A 12th ranked team in conference play isn’t making the NCAA tournament with a losing record in league play. Not the best analogy I know.

I hate to keep harping on this but I think people are forgetting, this team finished 12th in conference play. And was playing that last game to even get into the tournament. A good run in the conference tournament doesn’t change that in my mind.

I do have to wonder though, and I know it’s a different sport, but look at basketball. A 12th ranked team in conference play isn’t making the NCAA tournament with a losing record in league play. Not the best analogy I know.
How many years would the basketball coach get with Mingione’s record?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT