ADVERTISEMENT

UK Involved With Rutgers Transfer Paul Mulcahy

Any relation to Bob Mulcahy (same spelling) who coached Seneca H.S. and Wes Unseld to the KHSAA State Basketball Championship in 1963 and 1964 ?

Everyone knows that Cal will NOT play this kid ahead of Wagner, even he deserves to. Why would he come here? Would be a bad decision on his part
His experience would be great to have but I don't think he will come here to play his final season

Reactions: dl51344
Mulcahy isn’t starting, but there is room for him to play 20-25 minutes on this team with Reeves (likely) gone.

If he comes, he will likely push Sheppard out of the rotation. Dillingham, Wagner, and Mulcahy will get most of the minutes at the guard spots.

I just noticed I left the word “if” out...even IF he deserves to play ahead of Wagner. I’ve not seen Mulcahy, and have no idea if he’s better. But we all know Cal...look back at Askew playing over Mintz

I just noticed I left the word “if” out...even IF he deserves to play ahead of Wagner. I’ve not seen Mulcahy, and have no idea if he’s better. But we all know Cal...look back at Askew playing over Mintz
That was a terrible decision. Askew had no business starting.

If Mintz starts at PG all season, we at least avoid a losing season, IMHO.

Reactions: bigbluedon
This is a 5-10 mpg player for us. Depth is good, but man we are in bad shape right now.

Reactions: seccats04
I've seen Rutgers play a few times and I did think this kid was good. He is heady and he plays hard, seems to have a good feel for the game.
I think he would be a good addition, but I'm worried about the athletesism and physicality in the SEC, I'm not sure he's up for that, but like I said, he's a heady player, he should be able to figure it out.

Reactions: drleary

That season was obviously mishandled, but Mintz started 21 of 25 games, while Askew started 20 of 25. Mintz got 30.8 MPG while Askew got 28.9 MPG.

I've seen Rutgers play a few times and I did think this kid was good. He is heady and he plays hard, seems to have a good feel for the game.
I think he would be a good addition, but I'm worried about the athletesism and physicality in the SEC, I'm not sure he's up for that, but like I said, he's a heady player, he should be able to figure it out.
Rutgers fan checking your board to see what is happening with Joey Hart (apparently nothing?). We were rumored to be in his top 3 with Kentucky and Indiana.

Anyway --- Paul Mulcahy... you're right about the lack of athleticism. He plays slow, backing down defenders is his game. He's ok defensively. This past season Mulcahy played hurt all year, and it showed. He was hesitant to shoot and by end of the year was beginning to give up his minutes to a speedy freshman when we needed a spark.

He lets his emotions get the best of him far too often, arguing with refs and teammates, poor body language, etc. He also infamously attempted to trip TJD at Indiana last year. A lot of opposing fan bases in the B1G like to get on him, probably doesn't help that he's white and a little goofy looking with the headband and all.

I don't see him going to a Kentucky where he's not going to start, Notre Dame/Providence types are more likely in my opinion. Although the initial rumor was Illinois, which is interesting because their fans HATE him (I think for flopping a couple years back but don't really remember)

That season was obviously mishandled, but Mintz started 21 of 25 games, while Askew started 20 of 25. Mintz got 30.8 MPG while Askew got 28.9 MPG.
Askew never should have gotten 4 mpg. Mintz eventually took over primary pg duties, but by then, the season was long over.
Cal had Mintz out there alongside Askew and BJB, two of the worst players to ever start at this program and he watched them make bonehead play after bonehead play and he left them in.
How can you go from Wall, Teague, Knight, Andrew, Ulis and Fox, to freaking Askew and watch him trip over.his own feet every game, is beyond me.

Rutgers fan checking your board to see what is happening with Joey Hart (apparently nothing?). We were rumored to be in his top 3 with Kentucky and Indiana.

Anyway --- Paul Mulcahy... you're right about the lack of athleticism. He plays slow, backing down defenders is his game. He's ok defensively. This past season Mulcahy played hurt all year, and it showed. He was hesitant to shoot and by end of the year was beginning to give up his minutes to a speedy freshman when we needed a spark.

He lets his emotions get the best of him far too often, arguing with refs and teammates, poor body language, etc. He also infamously attempted to trip TJD at Indiana last year. A lot of opposing fan bases in the B1G like to get on him, probably doesn't help that he's white and a little goofy looking with the headband and all.

I don't see him going to a Kentucky where he's not going to start, Notre Dame/Providence types are more likely in my opinion. Although the initial rumor was Illinois, which is interesting because their fans HATE him (I think for flopping a couple years back but don't really remember)
Yeah, he is slow and unathletic, but he surprised me by how crafty he was.

He definitely wouldn't start here and probably won't wind up here but I'd love to have him because he can play several roles. And he's experienced.

Think the Nelson guy and knecht will have similar issues.

Everyone knows that Cal will NOT play this kid ahead of Wagner, even he deserves to. Why would he come here? Would be a bad decision on his part
Cal plays who he thinks gives us the best chance to win.

He never promises minutes or positions to any player.

And you can’t find even one player that’s ever said differently.

You can find it said by the CHC.

At recess.

• Haha
Reactions: tomrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT