ADVERTISEMENT

UK/Indiana Game 7 ESPN2

Sac fly for Pitre ties it up 1-1. Runners on the corners 1 down for Gilliam. Sac fly for Gilliam makes it 2-1 UK. Runner on 2nd 2 out for Church

Minnie gee own stinks. Let’s play the damn game, good God. Asking for a review on that? Mental midget.

Not a baseball guy but watching this game. Why do we get hit by so many pitches? Do we crowd the plate and dare the pitcher to hit us? I really don't know. I've heard we play "small ball" whatever that means. Is that part of it? Crowd the plate and hope to get on base by a HBP?

Burnt toast. Kind of the worst thing that could’ve happened. Stuck with Nicky M. for another couple years.

Not a baseball guy but watching this game. Why do we get hit by so many pitches? Do we crowd the plate and dare the pitcher to hit us? I really don't know. I've heard we play "small ball" whatever that means. Is that part of it? Crowd the plate and hope to get on base by a HBP?

UK has had a mantra for almost two decades that we don't move. We'll take the free base. We don't try to get out of the way. We take it. You'll see other players or teams dance to get out the way and not get hit. That's not us.

Small ball means that you do more bunting. Hit and run. Stealing. Within that is getting on base by any means so you can move runners. It's contrasted by the style of getting 2 on and hitting a 3 run home run. So, power hitting. UK doesn't have power this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: BC_Wader
We have a lot of batters that crowd the plate. They also do not get out of the way of inside pitches.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
UK has has a mantra for almost two decades that we don't move. We'll take the free base. We don't try to get out of the way. We take it. You'll see other players or teams dance to get out the way and not get hit. That's not us.

Small ball means that you do more bunting. Hit and run. Stealing. Within that is getting on base by any means so you can move runners. It's contrasted by the style of getting 2 on and hitting a 3 run home run. So, power hitting. UK doesn't have power this year.
Thanks for the clarification. Baseball has never been a sport I closely follow. I watch the World Series and that's about it.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT