ADVERTISEMENT

UK hiring Mark Pope -CBS

Man, that's hard to believe. I mean, I think Pope could be a good coach, but no contact with Donovan? I get why there would be no contact with Pitino, though I'd like to see that before Pope is given the green light so quickly. I'm not sure I believe this one. Could be wrong. I'll be surprised if this turns out to be true.

belly-movie.gif

Mood

How did we get stuck with this AD? Most passionate fanbase in college basketball and we are cursed with the most aw shucks milquetoast AD out there. Where the eff are our boosters? They think this is the shit we want??? I’d rather sign Cal to a second lifetime contract, dead serious
You guys gotta realize this wasn't the AD. This is the only kind of coach that wants to take this job. The expectations drive certain type of people away and coaches have realized they don't need to be at a blue blood to have high levels of success anymore. It's 2024, not the '90s. College basketball has changed.

You guys gotta realize this wasn't the AD. This is the only kind of coach that wants to take this job. The expectations drive certain type of people away and coaches have realized they don't need to be at a blue blood to have high levels of success anymore. It's 2024, not the '90s. College basketball has changed.

Too bad this post will go over the head of most of the hilljacks here, it is spot on.

Too bad this post will go over the head of most of the hilljacks here, it is spot on.
I've been saying it for weeks. All I get is laughing emoji after laughing emoji from delusional fans who don't realize the current realities of college basketball. I've been called a fake fan, a Calboi, mocked relentlessly and called out for it. Well look what happened.

I will 100% rally behind Pope and obviously hope he works out better than any one of us hope, but it's really hard not to say I told you so right now.

Reactions: sefleming
Pearl would have taken the job. I think pope is solid and I would have even listed him as a candidate….after Pearl, LLoyd

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I love it. It’s fulfilling watching players like Reeves work hard and get better. I think a similar experience could be in store for Pope. Frankly purchasing a big name coach who’s already been successful felt hollow to me anyway.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Pearl would have taken the job. I think pope is solid and I would have even listed him as a candidate….after Pearl, LLoyd
Forgive me for not agreeing, but I've spent the last two years reading here that Oats would take the job, and that Drew would take the job, and that a million other coaches were sure things. They weren't. A lot of coaches just turned us down. We settled for a guy with UK ties because people with UK ties are attracted to the program tradition. Very few other people are in this day and age.

I've been saying it for weeks. All I get is laughing emoji after laughing emoji from delusional fans who don't realize the current realities of college basketball. I've been called a fake fan, a Calboi, mocked relentlessly and called out for it. Well look what happened.

I will 100% rally behind Pope and obviously hope he works out better than any one of us hope, but it's really hard not to say I told you so right now.
A lot of us are stuck in the 90s, the glory days. You are absolutely right though, you don't have to coach at UK, Duke, Carolina, KU or UCLA to have great success and pull good players in. This is the most even college basketball has ever been. If Mark Pope does in fact end up here, I'll support him 100% until he doesn't deserve it. I haven't watched a game in years because of the utter foolish play on the court. Even if we take many lumps and the coach is doing his best, but just doesn't have the talent yet, I can live with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT