ADVERTISEMENT

UK Football on Probation/Vacates Wins From 2021 Employment Issues

Man I have mixed feelings on this.

1. Typical NCAA BS. They even said “the staff. Had no way to know”. Then why punish the program? That’s such garbage.

2. But, that being said, you’d think with tax laws and employment laws being what they are this should’ve never happened. At an old job many years ago I forgot to clock in because I got tied up as soon as I walked in the door. You’d have thought I committed a felony the way accounting reacted. So, UK should have been more on top of this.

3. With NiL flying around this is what the NCAA cares about…. They are a joke.

4. However we broke a rule. Stupid rule though it may be. Accept the “punishment” and move on.

Reactions: TNTUK
@ThunderMash can we possibly retitle the thread then? From the main forums screen it gives some of the Rafturds fodder for laughter. Asking respectfully of course 😇

It looks like it’s based on something that just happened and this being August, not something we want to broadcast in such a way

Reactions: ThunderMash
Just Mitch being Mitch

Meanwhile other schools just lawyer up and tie this stuff up for years!! I thought the NCAA got out of doing anything since NIL.Seems like UK always just accepts what the NCAA does while other schools dig in and fight!!
This is what KILLS ME with Mitch and Capiluto!!! WHY does UK ALWAYS pay a bigger price for something FAR LESS than what goes on at other schools??!!!!!!

We need to take the UNC and UT approach and DENY, DENY, DENY!!!! I can't stand either of those schools but they NEVER get the punishment UK receives over even little crap like this!!!

It ALL falls back on the UK leadership!!! STOP giving in to an organization that is TOTALLY corrupt!!!!

This is what KILLS ME with Mitch and Capiluto!!! WHY does UK ALWAYS pay a bigger price for something FAR LESS than what goes on at other schools??!!!!!!

We need to take the UNC and UT approach and DENY, DENY, DENY!!!! I can't stand either of those schools but they NEVER get the punishment UK receives over even little crap like this!!!

It ALL falls back on the UK leadership!!! STOP giving in to an organization that is TOTALLY corrupt!!!!
I agree about the NCAA being corrupt. But I’m glad our programs actually have integrity and fess up when we screw up (even if we couldn’t have known). Meanwhile down the street…

No wonder Stoops was trying to jump ship. So what does probation mean? No post season play for 2 years? I think if you didn't have your head in the sand during the Pope hiring then u knew about the pervert swim coach for a while. Something like that just doesn't go away and barnhardt knew all about it. Barney and Stoops have to be on the hottest of hot seats now.

Two thoughts:

1) Dudes got paid a few thousand bucks to 'not work'? Is that against NIL rules, cause they can always just post an IG photo right quick.

And

2) I wonder why UK accepted the punishment so easily when they could have tied it up for years in court.

Probably to have a reason to fire Stoops and not pay him his buyout.

Thoughts?

Reactions: RunninRichie
No wonder Stoops was trying to jump ship. So what does probation mean? No post season play for 2 years? I think if you didn't have your head in the sand during the Pope hiring then u knew about the pervert swim coach for a while. Something like that just doesn't go away and barnhardt knew all about it. Barney and Stoops have to be on the hottest of hot seats now.
We are not banned from post season play. The probation just means "If you screw up again in the two years, we're gonna be really really mad at you"

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Kentucky is a school the NCAA keeps an eye on in every sport. Perhaps more so because they know we don’t put up any resistance, while other schools just thumb their noses at them and keep riding the fence.

Because we're easy picking. Noone else would've ever self reported this and definitely wouldn't accept such a punishment. He should've dared them to do something and made their life hell. They're on life support as is.

No way you just agree. Its unbelievable.

Just Mitch being Mitch

Exactly.

No other SEC school would have accepted this level of punishment. I don't want UK to cheat, but this level of punishment is ridiculous. Cam Newton's dad got paid around 100k and Auburn didn't have to vacate any wins. The NCAA used a ridiculous excuse that Cam didn't know about the money.

Throw KU I’m there also I think they just had a case last year that went on for about 6 years. The year they beat Memphis for a title Rose was disqualified while Kansas had a player with doctored transcripts and nothing done!!

No other SEC school would have accepted this level of punishment. I don't want UK to cheat, but this level of punishment is ridiculous. Cam Newton's dad got paid around 100k and Auburn didn't have to vacate any wins. The NCAA used a ridiculous excuse that Cam didn't know about the money.
Apparently not knowing matters except when it’s UK.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT