ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans need to chill

lj bulldog

Blue Chip Prospect
Jun 6, 2007
Just watch and enjoy the games. It is just a game even though it is very important to us UK fans. We are lucky to have Coach Cal who definitely appreciates being the coach at UK which is proven by how active he is in the state away from the game itself. I am an old guy and a fan since 1955 who still agonizes over every loss but I don't hate on the coach and players.

Just watch and enjoy the games. It is just a game even though it is very important to us UK fans. We are lucky to have Coach Cal who definitely appreciates being the coach at UK which is proven by how active he is in the state away from the game itself. I am an old guy and a fan since 1955 who still agonizes over every loss but I don't hate on the coach and players.
Agree with most of your post and it’s good that you enjoy the games. I would never hate on the players but the coach thinks he’s entitled and he belittles BBN every chance he gets. I think you would feel much different about him if you were in his inner circle of friends. I’m certainly not close to the man but I know some who are and they don’t see him in a good light.

He is a good man. I know people in his inner circle and they rave about him and what a great person he is. They definitely see him in a good light.

At this point, I'm done arguing with those who want Calipari gone. He is going to have to shut them up with this team’s play. If they play like they played against Mich St as the season progresses, he's gonna be gone.

But I am of the mindset that I want to enjoy the games and the team, so I hope for the best and try to stay positive on this board. If you watched a game with me, you would think I'm a hater on this board. I'm yelling and screaming, mad at Calipari, mad at players, mad at officials, made at announcers. Ha! I'm probably as entertaining as the games. Then I calm down and try to be level-headed on here. 🤣

At this point, I'm done arguing with those who want Calipari gone. He is going to have to shut them up with this team’s play. If they play like they played against Mich St as the season progresses, he's gonna be gone.

But I am of the mindset that I want to enjoy the games and the team, so I hope for the best and try to stay positive on this board. If you watched a game with me, you would think I'm a hater on this board. I'm yelling and screaming, mad at Calipari, mad at players, mad at officials, made at announcers. Ha! I'm probably as entertaining as the games. Then I calm down and try to be level-headed on here. 🤣
What a great post. Describes me as a UK fan to a tee. I hate every list and it eats away at me for some time. As I get older, I get over it quicker but it still does bother me. I sat at the game tonight and was grumbling, especially early in the game when we let them hang around. I was mostly mad at the players because I saw no real desire or killer instinct. I thought the game was pretty dull because SC St was such a bad team. I also felt we didn't really get better because they were so bad. Hope I'm wrong and they take a lot of confidence into Sunday's game.

Brother from another mother lol I’m the same way, so loud and angry but then I just chill for a bit after every game to collect my thoughts and realize, it’s all good and everything works out in the end

Reactions: IL Wildcat
What a great post. Describes me as a UK fan to a tee. I hate every list and it eats away at me for some time. As I get older, I get over it quicker but it still does bother me. I sat at the game tonight and was grumbling, especially early in the game when we let them hang around. I was mostly mad at the players because I saw no real desire or killer instinct. I thought the game was pretty dull because SC St was such a bad team. I also felt we didn't really get better because they were so bad. Hope I'm wrong and they take a lot of confidence into Sunday's game.
Yep, right there with you. I did most of my yelling early in the game. I thought the guys out there looked disinterested, had little fire and energy, and thought it would be a cake walk. I was also irritated Oscar didn't start because I didn't understand the reasoning.

I do think our intensity improved as the game went on, but I pretty much cleared out the room in the first 5 minutes of game clock being mad. 😀

Didn’t pick the best time to post this
Ah, it's a counterbalance in my opinion. We have plenty posts from people ready to shoot someone over that Mich St game. I was ticked off myself- mad at Calipari, mad at terrible D, mad at missed FTs, and so on. But it is a long season and one loss isn't the end of the world. So, I don't mind a positive, let's all calm down, kind of post. Some of us need to calm down for health reasons. But I'm not arguing with folks. That Mich St loss was unacceptable for multiple reasons. Anyone who was ok with that is not a fan.

Ah, it's a counterbalance in my opinion. We have plenty posts from people ready to shoot someone over that Mich St game. I was ticked off myself- mad at Calipari, mad at terrible D, mad at missed FTs, and so on. But it is a long season and one loss isn't the end of the world. So, I don't mind a positive, let's all calm down, kind of post. Some of us need to calm down for health reasons. But I'm not arguing with folks. That Mich St loss was unacceptable for multiple reasons. Anyone who was ok with that is not a fan.
I’m just tired of the same mistakes constantly costing Kentucky games, and him not doing anything about it, the people who criticize cal off the court are out of line he goes above and beyond when the state needs help, and does the same for his players off the court. Gonzaga to me will be a good measuring point, if he continues to use some of these terrible lineups, and late in games has them standing around the perimeter doing nothing it will be justified people being upset. 11-19 against the last 30 power 5 non conference games is bad

I’m just tired of the same mistakes constantly costing Kentucky games, and him not doing anything about it, the people who criticize cal off the court are out of line he goes above and beyond when the state needs help, and does the same for his players off the court. Gonzaga to me will be a good measuring point, if he continues to use some of these terrible lineups, and late in games has them standing around the perimeter doing nothing it will be justified people being upset. 11-19 against the last 30 power 5 non conference games is bad
Agreed. That 11-19 has to change. If it doesn't change, a change will be made. There is no excuse. I also agree Gonzaga will be a good measuring stick. I think we match up well with Gonzaga and it should be a win. I don't like it that they got embarrassed by Texas, though. They'll be out for redemption and they'll be basically playing a home game. UK will be looking for redemption too, though. I expect it to be a tough game but a UK win. I think the Cats are just better.

Then again, I think the Cats are better than Mich St. We just didn't know Larry Bird was playing for them in that game.

Agreed. That 11-19 has to change. If it doesn't change, a change will be made. There is no excuse. I also agree Gonzaga will be a good measuring stick. I think we match up well with Gonzaga and it should be a win. I don't like it that they got embarrassed by Texas, though. They'll be out for redemption and they'll be basically playing a home game. UK will be looking for redemption too, though. I expect it to be a tough game but a UK win. I think the Cats are just better.

Then again, I think the Cats are better than Mich St. We just didn't know Larry Bird was playing for them in that game.
I thought that 11-19 was proven wrong?

Strawther concerns me in that game, hauser torched us, strawther is a lot better, timme is good he will get his, the guard matchup favors Kentucky, but if cal doesn’t play the guards together like he needs to, then it will be a long night

Yeah. I’m tired of letting it drag me down. While I love UK basketball and have for 50+ years,it’s still just a game. There are much more important things in life. Believe me I know. I’ve been battling stage 4 cancer for over a year now and I just don’t need the negativity in what’s left of my life. Chemo hasn’t produced any favorable results because it’s an aggressive cancer that has mutated. They’re looking into a clinical trial I might qualify for. Of course that’s the last ditch effort. From now on I’m just going to enjoy the games. If we win it’ll bring some brief joy into my life. If we lose I’ll be disappointed as usual, but I’m.not going to dwell on it. I’m tired of arguing with a very few on this forum. I’ll continue to disagree from time to time, but I’m going to keep it to myself. I’d really love to see one more title for the Cats, so maybe it’ll happen. I’d also love to see a more civil and positive forum here and I know I’ve been a culprit at times. But I just don’t have the energy to waste on it any longer. I guess the constant pain and discomfort has finally taken its toll. For those I might have offended on here, I apologize. For those that have offended me, I’m over it. Please don’t try to start any arguments with me from this point on. I’m just not interested in it.

No, we won’t. And we aren’t lucky to have him - it’s a curse and an albatross we can’t shake

Some of you kill me. Listen I get it you’re a good person that’s great.

When it comes to this program, people feel weakness. You think Bill Self is sitting there not smelling this weakness coming from the UK basketball program? You think UNC and Duke don’t smell the weakness? People can smell weakness especially when they’re staunch competitors. And our program, “helping profession program” oh let me tell you. They smell the weakness.

Everybody sthu and think about this. You’ve been bought by words. This is about winning and losing here. Bottom line.

You can tell when someone’s not committed in competitive environments. We are weak because our leader is weak. Don’t go for it and remember who the f UK is.

• Haha
Reactions: RogCat1119
Of course. But I didn’t read the thread what about.
They’re doing their typical “wait it out” bs and won’t be around for another day or two.

Then they’ll return and tell you they stayed away to avoid “negativity”. They’ll then try to erase the shit stain and pretend you are the problem.

Not this time, we should be done with this. They stay away because the reality of how stupid they are comes home to roost and they can’t deal with it.

If you’re a real UK fan, you shouldn’t be anything but negative right now. You damn right I’m negative. And I’ll remain negative until this guy is out of here.

So if you see a Cal cultist, put them on blast and pile on, because those guys are a detriment to this team and university.
^^^^

Some of you kill me. Listen I get it you’re a good person that’s great.

When it comes to this program, people feel weakness. You think Bill Self is sitting there not smelling this weakness coming from the UK basketball program? You think UNC and Duke don’t smell the weakness? People can smell weakness especially when they’re staunch competitors. And our program, “helping profession program” oh let me tell you. They smell the weakness.

Everybody sthu and think about this. You’ve been bought by words. This is about winning and losing here. Bottom line.

You can tell when someone’s not committed in competitive environments. We are weak because our leader is weak. Don’t go for it and remember who the f UK is.
Oh please! Get over yourself

Hey puss. Tell me you’re weak without telling me what’s down there.

Your cult is getting thinner and thinner. Soon you’ll have to make a decision be a UK fan, or follow Calipari to Pittsburg. Enjoy choices, I know it’s gonna be tough for you.
What's wrong with you?

Last edited:
Hey puss. Tell me you’re weak without telling me what’s down there.

Your cult is getting thinner and thinner. Soon you’ll have to make a decision be a UK fan, or follow Calipari to Pittsburg. Enjoy choices, I know it’s gonna be tough for you.
Always wanted to ask you. Why did your other account get banned?

• Haha
Reactions: RogCat1119
Yeah. I’m tired of letting it drag me down. While I love UK basketball and have for 50+ years,it’s still just a game. There are much more important things in life. Believe me I know. I’ve been battling stage 4 cancer for over a year now and I just don’t need the negativity in what’s left of my life. Chemo hasn’t produced any favorable results because it’s an aggressive cancer that has mutated. They’re looking into a clinical trial I might qualify for. Of course that’s the last ditch effort. From now on I’m just going to enjoy the games. If we win it’ll bring some brief joy into my life. If we lose I’ll be disappointed as usual, but I’m.not going to dwell on it. I’m tired of arguing with a very few on this forum. I’ll continue to disagree from time to time, but I’m going to keep it to myself. I’d really love to see one more title for the Cats, so maybe it’ll happen. I’d also love to see a more civil and positive forum here and I know I’ve been a culprit at times. But I just don’t have the energy to waste on it any longer. I guess the constant pain and discomfort has finally taken its toll. For those I might have offended on here, I apologize. For those that have offended me, I’m over it. Please don’t try to start any arguments with me from this point on. I’m just not interested in it.
May God bless…I’ll be praying for you brother.

Thanks for putting things in perspective.

Agree with most of your post and it’s good that you enjoy the games. I would never hate on the players but the coach thinks he’s entitled and he belittles BBN every chance he gets. I think you would feel much different about him if you were in his inner circle of friends. I’m certainly not close to the man but I know some who are and they don’t see him in a good light.
No way this true about his inner circle, but good job trying to stir the pot.

It’s mostly people that dont like their current job, hate where they live, mad because they are paying child support, have a gambling and or alchohol problem, their kids grew up to be losers, etc. They use this place like a wet rag to vent. Great IGNORE feature here. Life is too short to listen to angry people.

Reactions: CatTough and ORCAT
This kind of post is what belittles Big Blue Nation.

It’s mostly people that dont like their current job, hate where they live, mad because they are paying child support, have a gambling and or alchohol problem, their kids grew up to be losers, etc. They use this place like a wet rag to vent. Great IGNORE feature here. Life is too short to listen to angry people.
Not really. I’ve been blessed throughout my life. My wife and I have been happily married for going on 35 years. I have a wonderful, successful daughter and son-in-law and 3 fantastic young grandchildren. I had a great rewarding and interesting career as a Special Agent and have been retired for four years. While I’m certainly not rich, I’m financially secure and have lead a pretty nice life. I’m a Christian and know I have much to look forward to even though my time on this earth is growing short. In short, I can’t complain about anything other than losing relatives and friends along this life journey, though I will see them again. I have still had ups and downs following the Cats and have often put way too much emphasis on the games. As UK fans we get very emotionally tied to the teams and their success. What I’m saying is I don’t think fans that are, well fanatical, have broken or bad lives. They’re just very invested.

Reactions: Ed323232
I don’t like blaming the players - they are following orders and still learning how to play together. I do believe that the bench coaching and game preparation from Calipari has been mediocre to incompetent over the last several years, for whatever reason. I am not a basketball expert by any means, but I have observed the same mistakes being made - poor substitution patterns, a lack of offensive sets that get players open, an inability to put players in a position to win in tight games, poor free throw shooting that has determined the outcome of games and an overall sense of urgency when it comes to winning.

I really hope that Calipari is more intentional about winning a NC this year with the team he has assembled. I would like to see more initiative about accomplishing that goal as opposed to putting players in the NBA. If the NBA is his true goal, he might want to consider going to coach there should he not reach the Final Four this year. Jmo

I don’t like blaming the players - they are following orders and still learning how to play together. I do believe that the bench coaching and game preparation from Calipari has been mediocre to incompetent over the last several years, for whatever reason. I am not a basketball expert by any means, but I have observed the same mistakes being made - poor substitution patterns, a lack of offensive sets that get players open, an inability to put players in a position to win in tight games, poor free throw shooting that has determined the outcome of games and an overall sense of urgency when it comes to winning.

I really hope that Calipari is more intentional about winning a NC this year with the team he has assembled. I would like to see more initiative about accomplishing that goal as opposed to putting players in the NBA. If the NBA is his true goal, he might want to consider going to coach there should he not reach the Final Four this year. Jmo
Please use some common sense.

Couldn't imagine the sideline histrionics and "go go go" will play very well with NBA players

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT