ADVERTISEMENT

UK Draft Round 2 - drcats2013 vs. RunninRichie

Who would win in a 1 game elimination?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to March Madness this is Round 2 of the 2024 UK Draft. (Click Here for Bracket).

Voters - Please vote for the team you believe would win in a 1 game elimination format. You will be able to change your vote and voting period is open for 48 hours. If a tie should occur I will extend the voting by another 2 hours until the tie is broken. Your vote will be visible.

@drcats2013 - Tony Delk, Goose Givens, Sam Bowie, Shai Gil Alexander, Willie Cauley Stein, Immanuel Quickley, Eric Bledsoe, Alex Poythress, Josh Harrellson, Wah Wah Jones, Ravi Moss

vs.

@RunninRichie - Derek Anderson, Tyler Ulis, Doron Lamb, Terrance Jones, Rick Robey, Devin Booker, Deandre Liggins, Marquis Teague, Kyle Wiltjer, Winston Bennett, Sam Malone

1. @RunninRichie has the perimeter defense with Ulis, Anderson and Liggins. I wanted Liggins bad, but ended up with someone comparable in Cason Wallace.

2. Even though @drcats2013 took WCS to evidently play the 4, I think his best option is to go small and go four-out to match @RunninRichie 's elite guard ensemble. Play IQ, Delk, SGA, and Givens together. Go small-ball. Bledsoe first one off the bench.

This is a game that will defined by which guards play the best. Tons of guard talent in this one and probably be the most entertaining game of the tournament so far.

PG- Shai = Ulis -genuinely I prefer Shai with his length and ability to defend multiple positions, but do understand if someone prefers Ulis. He had the heart of a lion, and if he was 6’2 he’d have been an NBA star.

SG- Delk>Lamb - Lamb is a sharp shooter and someone I’d love to have on my team, but this one isn’t even close.

SF- Goose>Anderson - I LOVE DA, but Goose was the best player on a championship team and dropped 40 to beat Duke in one of the greatest championship performances EVER. Way undervalued in this draft. Should have gone top 8, imo.

PF - WCS>Jones - Willie was an all American despite only averaging 9 ppg, and the best big man perimeter defender that I’ve ever watched at KY. He could guard 1-5 if he had to.

C- Bowie>Robey - Sam was just another level before the injuries. He and WCS will play together fine. Just think of Willie and KAT on that 2014-2015 team. Very similar and we know how that worked out.

This is just a starter breakdown, which I do think I win handily, but if anyone needs more from me I’ll gladly lay it out there.

1. @RunninRichie has the perimeter defense with Ulis, Anderson and Liggins. I wanted Liggins bad, but ended up with someone comparable in Cason Wallace.

2. Even though @drcats2013 took WCS to evidently play the 4, I think his best option is to go small and go four-out to match @RunninRichie 's elite guard ensemble. Play IQ, Delk, SGA, and Givens together. Go small-ball. Bledsoe first one off the bench.

This is a game that will defined by which guards play the best. Tons of guard talent in this one and probably be the most entertaining game of the tournament so far.
I just want to touch on the WCS comment; he played a 4/5 hybrid position on the greatest regular season team of all time lol. He and KAT worked together similar to how he and Bowie will on my team.

WCS vs Robey (I never saw Robey play, but might be even)
Bowie vs TJones (TJ only chance is to play the post-injury Bowie, but even then Bowie has advantage)
Givens vs DA (good matchup, I'll give DA slight edge)
Delk vs Lamb (Lamb better shooter, but Delk better player)
SGA vs Ulis (I pick Ulis here. I liked SGA, but he was not AA-level or SEC POY level good.)

Quickley, Bledsoe, Poythress, Wah Wah vs Booker, Liggins, Teague, Bennett
It's pretty even, but I think DRCats bench wins it for him by 1.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT