ADVERTISEMENT

UK Defense & Winning the NC

gracetoyou

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
1. First, we must improve defensively but we do not have to be a "great" defensive team to win a NC. So the improvement, while necessary, does not have to be drastic. But definite improvement iss needed.

2 . The old saying "Offense wins games but defense wins championships" is bologna & the last 10 years has proved that. Elite defensive teams that cannot score always bite the dust eventually. I think of Virginia. The year they won it they had their best offensive team with 2 Elite shooters.

3. UK is Elite offensively! So, to win a NC we must improve to at least an average defensive team. I'd love us to be great defensively but I'm not sure that's possible at this point, nor absolutely necessary. Elite offensively & average defensively can win a NC.

I still consider us below average defensively. We're capable & have shown on the road against Auburn & Miss St we can do it if we can mentally lock in on intentionally playing good defense. With this group it's a matter of focus.

This team can do it! They have all the tools but it will depend on remaining great offensively but being capable of defending. In a 6 game tourney, you're probably going to have that bad shooting night. If you cannot defend, you have no shot. But I really like our chances of getting to a final 4 & if we do...I'd take this bunch over anyone else.

Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News