ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Lanier to UT

I lived in a dorm room with an 2 avid UT fan. Have several friends that are UT fans. I get what you say. I do not let other fans rain on my parade. Fans are going to fan the only way they know how. I guess getting ready to be out of my 50's has done that to me. To me Vandy fans are far worse and Florida fans are right there with Vandy.
Vandy fans????????????

Reactions: Coach Marrow
It blows my mind that some of you think we are being methodical by losing good players to other teams because we are actually broke and cannot pay them the going rate. That's an exercise in self-delusion.
We offered more NIL money than TN offered. We either wasn't really a player in his recruitment or Coach Pope did not have a plan layed out that Lanier bought into. I have no idea what Barnes presented but I'm sure the success of DK was a big part. We were out recruited in the Lanier situation. I hope we have a better plan for our next targets. I still think Laier will not increase TN's wins more than two games and that is all he would have added to our win column. Over a million dollars for two extra wins is steep. Only time will tell if he is all some on this board thinks he is.

Reactions: Snarks0
We offered more NIL money than TN offered. We either wasn't really a player in his recruitment or Coach Pope did not have a plan layed out that Lanier bought into. I have no idea what Barnes presented but I'm sure the success of DK was a big part. We were out recruited in the Lanier situation. I hope we have a better plan for our next targets. I still think Laier will not increase TN's wins more than two games and that is all he would have added to our win column. Over a million dollars for two extra wins is steep. Only time will tell if he is all some on this board thinks he is.
I'm sure the Vols would love to land malachi Moreno. When he commits to the Cats in a few months will you post about how Pope outrecruited the Vols? I think we know the answer.

It blows my mind that some of you think we are being methodical by losing good players to other teams because we are actually broke and cannot pay them the going rate. That's an exercise in self-delusion.
It blows my mind that you think you know what the coaching staff is really doing! If you think you know exactly what they are doing then lets hear it. Heck maybe Pope hated his time here when he played, went to medical school and all just to throw everyone off, then started into coaching, worked his way up the ranks, just to get the UK job too early so he could finish off what BCG and CAL started, the ruination of KENTUCKY BASKETBALL TRADITION. lol

Nobody should ever go to Tennessee for anything, but especially basketball.
That’s like signing up to playing American football in Mexico. You know you’re never gonna win.

Simply put, a low testosterone move by a player to join a low testosterone coach who sucks at coaching, to a low testosterone school that’s never won anything.
Cool down with your locker room material. TN has a winning record against us over the last 5 years. No reason to give those #^%*& something to post in their locker room. We are 1 Win 4 losses last five games. We need to be humble until we start kicking everyone's butt. NIL has created more parity in college basketball and it will be tougher to build a winning culture today than in years past. Kids today were not big enough to know that we were a blue blood. Last time we won it all, these kids were 6 to 8 years old.

It blows my mind that you think you know what the coaching staff is really doing! If you think you know exactly what they are doing then lets hear it. Heck maybe Pope hated his time here when he played, went to medical school and all just to throw everyone off, then started into coaching, worked his way up the ranks, just to get the UK job too early so he could finish off what BCG and CAL started, the ruination of KENTUCKY BASKETBALL TRADITION. lol
Broke, we have almost 6 mil now in the coffers for NIL and it is growing. Just because you have 6 mil you do not have to spend the whole wad. As a matter of fact if i were Lamont Butler, Garrison or any of the other players signed, i would ask out if you paid another player that is no better (not one bit better) than the rest that much more money. Heck give the guy 6 mil, lose the rest of the team and you would be complaining that they over spent. Most ridiculous crap is coming out of some of this fanbase. Maybe all this NIL and university paying players will be the end of College sports. Would probably be the best for everyone. Because this stuff is getting stupid and stupid fast. You put a genius in a room full of idiots and within a few hours the genius has dumbed down his thought process to that of the idiots. That is what fan forums have become.

YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE WHO WE HAVE AND HOW WE PLAY BEFORE YOU SAY A COACHING STAFF DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! THAT IS ALL.

I'm sure the Vols would love to land malachi Moreno. When he commits to the Cats in a few months will you post about how Pope outrecruited the Vols? I think we know the answer.
Yes i will if TN is actually recruiting the kid. I worry more about other teams recruiting way more than TN's. Bama, FL, aTm, TX, & OK are a bigger threat than TN.

Cool down with your locker room material. TN has a winning record against us over the last 5 years. No reason to give those #^%*& something to post in their locker room. We are 1 Win 4 losses last five games. We need to be humble until we start kicking everyone's butt. NIL has created more parity in college basketball and it will be tougher to build a winning culture today than in years past. Kids today were not big enough to know that we were a blue blood. Last time we won it all, these kids were 6 to 8 years old.
Against? UT? UK is 3-2 against UT the last 5 games.

You’re on the wrong path. UK has plenty of support. We’ve got a few boosters that other programs would kill to have. Most programs don’t have a billionaire booster that loves the basketball team.

What’s happening is UK is playing this smart and using the money wisely because all of this is going to calm down eventually and you don’t want to set a bad precedent and get fleeced down the road. You simply don’t understand how this works at all.

I personally know a guy who gave - quite a lot this year. This is a new era and some of the teams are just throwing shit to the wall to see if they can get some hardware fast. We’re in a good position because our boosters are more basketball centered. If you think Alabama Tennessee and Florida have tons of boosters that are going to be giving the basketball team unlimited checks you’re in for a rude awakening.
Joe Craft is also a huge supporter of football with his donations.

Yes i will if TN is actually recruiting the kid. I worry more about other teams recruiting way more than TN's. Bama, FL, aTm, TX, & OK are a bigger threat than TN.
So already pope is outrecruiting your team for this kid. Pope has only been on the job for a few weeks. Those UT losers, lol

We are literally 7-7 since 2019 (when we started sucking). Even UTs best can’t do any better than be even with our worst.

Nothing sucks like a big orange

Lanier isn't Knecht, but he'll probably be a good volume shooter like a Chris Lofton for UT. Tennessee won't be close to the same team next season and likely takes a step back.

Lanier would have been small for the wing spot, which is probably the area we need the most help. Robinson is a better fit if we can bring him on board. If we don't, some of the younger guys like Noah and Perry are going to get their shot. I haven't seen enough of Chandler yet after some more maturation to know if he can run on the wing as well.

Tennessee can go straight to hell and the color orange with it

Trolls running wild in this thread…. 😬

Tennessee fans talking trash will always be funny to me though. Like bro, you don’t have a final four in your entire history, and it’s not looking good once again this season for y’all. Settle down.. 🤣🤣🤣

how did we have Brooks flying out to meet with Roach when Brooks didn’t announce for UK till April 25th and Roach committed to Baylor on April 21st?

Does Brooks have the ability to manipulate time and space?

Said brooks flew out to see roach when roach committed 4 before brooks was officially hired. So that’s not facts. Also his group is equating reaching out for intial contact on a lot these guys and saying it’s a miss. If that’s the case then every coaching staff in America misses on alot of players if intially reaching out is considered a miss
@Warf2012 looking silly and weak with bad facts in this thread as @UK_1576 and @Dontworryboutit23 be like:
tumblr_myyh41Me1W1qjpqono1_500.gif

Whether the facts are weak or an opinion is subjective, the guns have been coming out against any UK fan that says something he doesn’t agree with.

I think he is a student, which does excuse it somewhat.
People disagree with me all the time on here. I just find it ridiculous people are finding stuff to be upset about for pope when he hasn’t been here 2 months. And also if you’re gonna have complaints atleast make sure they line up or are backed up. Some of the players getting counted as misses aren’t misses, and the roster isn’t getting the credit it deserves for how good they can/will be.

People disagree with me all the time on here. I just find it ridiculous people are finding stuff to be upset about for pope when he hasn’t been here 2 months. And also if you’re gonna have complaints atleast make sure they line up or are backed up. Some of the players getting counted as misses aren’t misses, and the roster isn’t getting the credit it deserves for how good they can/will be.
You don't know that. We are all just guessing.

Reactions: UKortho
You don't know that. We are all just guessing.
I don’t but given the track record of a lot these guys that got brought in I know they will compete and a couple will take jumps. Every year there has been a guy who we didn’t think would give Kentucky anything and turns out to be really good, and then there is a guy who we had high expectations for and they don’t produce.

Oh we wanted him, make no mistake about it
Not sure if I’d call it a miss ? From what I’ve read he, like many others, added UK as a prestigious name to boost potential NIL money
Is it a miss if he never actually intended coming here? These are serious questions
Lanier is a good player, to say otherwise is BS
We definitely could have used him

For my part, I’m not actually too concerned about elite recruiting THIS year. It becomes a bigger issue next year. CMP has been here less than two months and what he has done is remarkable. But fact remains he’s still an unknown coach who will have to prove some things before getting more serious looks from elite talent. What’s happened so far does not truly indicate whether CMP and staff can recruit
I don’t think our NIL fund is a question mark at this time either

I am still excited about next season. Hopefully we’ll get Robinson. Either way I believe we will enjoy the beginning of the new era

Reactions: ORCAT10 and UKortho
Oh we wanted him, make no mistake about it
Not sure if I’d call it a miss ? From what I’ve read he, like many others, added UK as a prestigious name to boost potential NIL money
Is it a miss if he never actually intended coming here? These are serious questions
Lanier is a good player, to say otherwise is BS
We definitely could have used him

For my part, I’m not actually too concerned about elite recruiting THIS year. It becomes a bigger issue next year. CMP has been here less than two months and what he has done is remarkable. But fact remains he’s still an unknown coach who will have to prove some things before getting more serious looks from elite talent. What’s happened so far does not truly indicate whether CMP and staff can recruit
I don’t think our NIL fund is a question mark at this time either

I am still excited about next season. Hopefully we’ll get Robinson. Either way I believe we will enjoy the beginning of the new era
I am actually with you. I am happy he is our coach (versus Kal). I think he has 2-3 years to build a team. I have a concern that he will have difficulty recruiting that’s all. The current level of recruits is fine given the situation. I would have hoped that we had one potential great transfer excluding his former player that may come here. To me, with a $7MM war chest, I am a little surprised and doesn’t address the concern yet. Like I said, I’ll give him several years.

Was the info that off? He was a year off.
Wrong is wrong. For the record, I wish he'd been correct! That's why I'm not really even concerned with the outcome of next season. It's the first step in healing the wound Cal made of this program. I don't love the roster, either. But I'm willing to see what they can do. And enjoy being able to fully cheer on the program without wanting to punch the coach.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Which is it, y'all? Which story are we telling ourselves to make us feel better about the time and money we waste on this program that no longer rewards us for either? Did he use us to get more money out of Tennessee or did he reject a bigger payday from us to play for Tennessee because of... reasons?

Quit responding to these trolls. They’re little angry fans of Marginal programs. We see them rotate and come around every 10 years. Once every 10 years they get “their chance” before the window closes again. Just Ignore the worthless in their base and they’ll move on.

Which is it, y'all? Which story are we telling ourselves to make us feel better about the time and money we waste on this program that no longer rewards us for either? Did he use us to get more money out of Tennessee or did he reject a bigger payday from us to play for Tennessee because of... reasons?
We've lost 5 star players to other teams just this year with Cal recruiting. why would losing Chaz Lanier hurt to lose to Tenn when we have other options that are really good and some potentially better as '25 reclass options?

You Tenn fans make Louisville fans look smart.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Did Robinson get invited to the NBA combine?

Did Lanier get invited to the NBA combine?

Why would a UK fan argue that Lanier is better than Robinson?
Because I wanted Lanier more than Robinson because he's the better player? What a dumb question. "Why don't you lie to yourself? What kind of Kentucky fan are you?"

Because I wanted Lanier more than Robinson because he's the better player? What a dumb question. "Why don't you lie to yourself? What kind of Kentucky fan are you?"
Then why did the NBA scouts invite Jaxson to the combine but not Lanier? Did you forget to send them your scouting reports?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT