ADVERTISEMENT

UK Cheerleaders win.... National Champs

UCA = Universal Cheerleaders Association...which is the one featured on Espn. I guess that makes it the best?

NCA = National Cheerleaders Association

I mention this because here's what they say in Loserville:
"University of Louisville coed cheerleading squad has won 17 National Cheerleading Association Championships (1985, '86, '89, '92, '94, '96, '98, '99, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, ’11, ‘16)"

Reactions: Hjack and On-On-UK
Our cheerleaders are awesome and deserve all the recognition they can get. This is an incredible achievement and these athletes are just that, athletes. Watch their routines sometime and you will see that they are all extremely athletic. I'm sure they all share high level gymnastics backgrounds coming into UK. Very proud of them.

The great thing is UK cheer leading is known nationally. Little girls and I guess some boys all over the country dream of cheer leading for UK. We can recruit the best no matter where they come from.

Reactions: uky8unc5
UCA = Universal Cheerleaders Association...which is the one featured on Espn. I guess that makes it the best?

"University of Louisville coed cheerleading squad has won 17 National Cheerleading Association Championships (1985, '86, '89, '92, '94, '96, '98, '99, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, ’11, ‘16)"
The way I understand it is NCA is a little more dance oriented whereas UCA is more stunting and gymnastics oriented.

It's crazy how Kentucky is such a cheer state. Kentucky dominates UCA. Louisville dominates NCA. Morehead State wins their smaller division at nationals almost every other year. WKU has a very competitive program. And then the HS level each division at nationals (on ESPN at Disney) is usually won by a KY team or a KY team in the top 3 with George Rogers Clark and Bowling Green leading the way.

I'm not a smart guy, but they did teach me arithmetic at UK, and 23 > 17.
Just sayin...

It HAS to be the coaching. One would assume it is mostly in the routine they perform, and the precision they do it with.
I can't imagine schools being able to find the best HS cheerleaders. And would think it is just based on who tries out from those enrolled at the University. But once known for your cheerleading, those who really want to do it (& are good at it) may come to your school.
I have a friend whose daughter is a FR cheerleader at NC St. She did not cheer in high school, she instead did dance (outside of school, not dance team, but individual performance), and enrolled at NC St with a 6-pack. I think you have to make the team first, which she did the in the early summer (May or June) before classes started, and I'm not sure but I think after 1 year she may qualify for a partial scholarship.

When I was a TA at UK, I had a cheerleader in one of the classes I taught. She was hot, and short. But what I remember most (20+ years later) is that her thighs were like short little tree trunks, they looked 100% muscle. She was out of my league, but I didn't mind her sitting in the front row (summer class) wearing shorts every day.

The way I understand it is NCA is a little more dance oriented whereas UCA is more stunting and gymnastics oriented.

It's crazy how Kentucky is such a cheer state. Kentucky dominates UCA. Louisville dominates NCA. Morehead State wins their smaller division at nationals almost every other year. WKU has a very competitive program. And then the HS level each division at nationals (on ESPN at Disney) is usually won by a KY team or a KY team in the top 3 with George Rogers Clark and Bowling Green leading the way.
Yes, little Corbin recently won a national title. That's pretty amazing to me.

Phony baloney this organization has 3 schools uavel cannot compete with UK

Good for them! Lord knows I’ll always give my support to hot 19-year-old girls showing the world how flexible they are.

You must not be familiar with college cheerleaders as half of the team is guys, do you support them for the same reason? Just wondering?

Serious question - are these the same cheerleaders that are at home basketball games? I was discussing this with someone who told me the competitive team doesn't cheer at games. Is that true? Sorry if already answered.

Serious question - are these the same cheerleaders that are at home basketball games? I was discussing this with someone who told me the competitive team doesn't cheer at games. Is that true? Sorry if already answered.

They are the same ones. There are two different squads though, a varsity and JV and the JV performs when the Varsity is off competing. I understand, though, that the JV has also won national titles at the JV level too. Incredible program and I hope the coach is around for a long time to come.

Reactions: calamitybone
It HAS to be the coaching. One would assume it is mostly in the routine they perform, and the precision they do it with.
I can't imagine schools being able to find the best HS cheerleaders. And would think it is just based on who tries out from those enrolled at the University. But once known for your cheerleading, those who really want to do it (& are good at it) may come to your school.
I have a friend whose daughter is a FR cheerleader at NC St. She did not cheer in high school, she instead did dance (outside of school, not dance team, but individual performance), and enrolled at NC St with a 6-pack. I think you have to make the team first, which she did the in the early summer (May or June) before classes started, and I'm not sure but I think after 1 year she may qualify for a partial scholarship.

When I was a TA at UK, I had a cheerleader in one of the classes I taught. She was hot, and short. But what I remember most (20+ years later) is that her thighs were like short little tree trunks, they looked 100% muscle. She was out of my league, but I didn't mind her sitting in the front row (summer class) wearing shorts every day.
Well for gosh sake's go on.... the rest of the story... she stayed after class one day and...

Phony baloney this organization has 3 schools uavel cannot compete with UK
I played softball on a team that won the NSA WORLD championship in the early 80's.
The WORLD tournament had 11 teams, all of whom were from 2 states.
My wife was so proud...

NCA = Helms titles

I don’t know how true it is, but I once heard that they only recruit girls of the same height? Seems odd but if it works it works.

I don't know about the same size, but i believe they have to be under 5' tall. Would have loved to see my daughter on that team in about 7 years. She is getting really good with her tumbling and is one of the best on her current team, but unfortunately will probably be at least 5'7" when she is of college age.

I had a good feeling the UK team would win with them being the representatives that are going to the Winter Olympics. I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't have a great performance, but still managed to score enough to win. Looks much better with sending the current National Championship team over there. I never put anything past these judged sports. I know my daughter's team lost at a competition where they looked clearly like the best team, but the bigger named team ended up winning over them somehow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT