ADVERTISEMENT

UK checks in at #13 in latest AP poll

We should be so proud.

Yeah, this is what we should expect for results when our coach makes 9 million a year. 13th.

What's even funnier, is the OP jamming a ranking of 13th in our faces, like Cal just won the title.
Its early you brat. I thought I had you on ignore already too!

Reactions: Lempface
We should be so proud.

Yeah, this is what we should expect for results when our coach makes 9 million a year. 13th.

What's even funnier, is the OP jamming a ranking of 13th in our faces, like Cal just won the title.
This team will not be challenged until at Bama. Mark my words.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Rather than hurl insults, enlighten me/us on what you think will change on Saturday vs. UCLA that we've yet to see against our last few opponents that will give us confidence that we will "massacre" UCLA? Because I haven't seen a whole lot to be excited about with our games against MSU, Gonzaga, Michigan or Yale that makes me fully certain that we will clobber UCLA. About the only thing we have going for us is Oscar and this being at MSG.

Other than that, we just struggled with YALE without their best player.

Again, I'm not here to insult you, but rather have you explain what you've seen that we haven't that gives you this ultimate confidence, because we'd all love to climb out of our frustration foxholes and be as excited as you are.

Polls shouldn't exist till February. That is the half way mark of conference play.
The only reason they exist is for tv. So they can hype up matchups of top 25 teams meeting.
But then HerrosHeroes would have nothing to live for.

I’ve never encountered anyone more irrationally obsessed with meaningless midseason polls that nobody’s ever gonna remember.

Because they beat Texas earlier in the same week. 2 games, 1 big W 1 big L.
Yeah I guess that's fair. I forget they beat Texas. Just so odd how they got blown out by PSU at home. PSU had just lost at home to Sparty who I think was still not at full strength.

Deal with it haters; from 19 to 13 with 2 wins. This team is going to massacre UCLA Saturday:

Hope you are right but I do not see any way this team boat races any quality teams. I frankly believe they get us as I see the their little point guard kicking our little point guards ass, again I really hope I am wrong.

I hope you are right Herro, because we can't afford to drop this game if we still want a shot at that #1 seed in Louisville. Gotta start getting quality dubs, and I just don't think we can bank on getting many on the road in the SEC...the conference is insanely good. Better than it's ever been, IMO.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Hope you are right but I do not see any way this team boat races any quality teams. I frankly believe they get us as I see the their little point guard kicking our little point guards ass, again I really hope I am wrong.
I'll take Wheeler over Tyger all day...

In slightly less clock, Wheeler is averaging more assists & fewer turnovers, more rebounds, has a better overall FG%, and virtually identical 3P%. Tyger is averaging about 4 more points per game.

Jaquez is the guy that scares me. 6-7 with guard skills, but rebounds and defends like a PF. Not sure if we can guard him for 40 minutes. Toppin is our best bet but he has been soft as Charmin of late.

Going to come down to who has the more impactful mismatch...UCLA with Jaquez or UK with Oscar.

Last edited:
Polls shouldn't exist till February. That is the half way mark of conference play.
The only reason they exist is for tv. So they can hype up matchups of top 25 teams meeting.
Facts.

I think they should do a ranking release the week that conference play starts across college basketball.

Or better yet use a tier system based on a combo of all the approved/major computer based metrics (kinda like Massey does) up until the first seed projection list (top 16) is put out. The Tiers would be like 5 Tiers. 1 is 1 and 2 would roughly equate to projected at large 1-8seeds; T3 would be your projected 9seed-bubble teams; T4 is your next group that’s trying bc tk get in the bubble or needs to win their conference tournament but is in the hunt, T5 is Louisville/bottom of the barrel.

I mean you already have the quad win system so it would be an easy transition to take the home/away part out and use the same measurements.

Reactions: Gromcat
If y’all don’t lighten up on HH, he will put you on ignore. Fair warning.
Too late for me 😂. He got me awhile back. That, along with Eddie going into hiding, all I want for Christmas is for bASSfan to get the hell out of here and I’m golden. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat

I’ve thought a good idea is a pre season rank there stays by your name until a poll no earlier than January. That way we just see who was thought to be decent in each conference to give some sort of idea of who you’re playing and where you are thought to stack in conference.

1. It’ll be more accurate because it’s not a ranking that gauges all teams.

2. It’s something to go by until a real national poll makes sense.

So if Kentucky was picked to finish 2nd in the SEC, and EKU was picked to finish 7th in their conference, a December matchup would say

2 Kentucky
7 EKU

And the Tennnessee / UT Martin December game

5 Tennessee
2 UT Martin

And so on. I think it makes much more sense.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
But people are ignoring the fact that human polls are generally better at the beginning than ending. They get worse as the year goes on because they overreact to every win and loss.

Obviously preseason polls can miss on certain teams but that’s the general rule. Early polls are more predictive of tournament success compared to newer polls amazingly

We're not going to massacre any good teams. That's why it's so important we start making our ft's and better decisions late in those games. I haven't seen anybody we can't beat and not very many that can't beat us the way we've played so far.

But people are ignoring the fact that human polls are generally better at the beginning than ending. They get worse as the year goes on because they overreact to every win and loss.

Obviously preseason polls can miss on certain teams but that’s the general rule. Early polls are more predictive of tournament success compared to newer polls amazingly

I agree. As backwards as it sounds, I think it’s so stupid that they move teams up and down so much based on every win and loss.

Say you think Gonzaga is the #1 team, why would you move them down so much over a couple losses. They will very likely be a 1-2 seed by seasons end so your initial prediction is correct. Same with UK, Duke, and UNC.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
We'll be a 1 or 2 seed and make a deep tournament run and we will have a good chance to win it all.

I am not concerned about UK having the talent or the coaching to win it al every year. My only concern is the exact same thing it always has been under Cal: REFS. If we can get a fair whistle in the tournament (not even a favorable Duke whistle, just a fair one) then we already have two more titles under Cal at a minimum.

So what Cal can control and what Cal brings to the table are as good as or better than any other team. Always has been. But what Cal does not have is favorable officiating as they appear to hate him and job us at every opportunity. I will never get over our undefeated team getting hosed. If they will hose an undefeated UK team in the FF then they will do anything they can to us.

I don't know. I mean I'm optimistic about this team but they going to have to get going on resume building wins if they want to sniff that 1 or 2 line

I’ll take “KWilt saying stupid shit for $600 please, Alex”

giphy.gif

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
We'll be a 1 or 2 seed and make a deep tournament run and we will have a good chance to win it all.

I am not concerned about UK having the talent or the coaching to win it al every year. My only concern is the exact same thing it always has been under Cal: REFS. If we can get a fair whistle in the tournament (not even a favorable Duke whistle, just a fair one) then we already have two more titles under Cal at a minimum.

So what Cal can control and what Cal brings to the table are as good as or better than any other team. Always has been. But what Cal does not have is favorable officiating as they appear to hate him and job us at every opportunity. I will never get over our undefeated team getting hosed. If they will hose an undefeated UK team in the FF then they will do anything they can to us.

I'm still convinced that was big Vegas.

Lot of money on UK at 50-1 to go undefeated. Vegas stood to lose millions iff we did it. (Early and mid-season prop bets)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT