ADVERTISEMENT

UK center vs Edey

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
Which former UK center would you pick to go against Edey?

And, which former UK center (not named Anthony Davis) would you pick to go against Edey?

KAT had size and versatility, but Boogie had a great combination of brute strength and agility.

Nazr, Magloire, or the best may be Bam. Bam has the strength to compete and quickness that Edey could not keep up with.

I was pretty close to thinking all that exactly.
Cousins would foul out quickly.
I'm not sure KAT was that great on D.
I might go with WCS, sure he would get pushed around, but he would make Edey take difficult shots, and you could front with him.
WCS would have to be willing to not switch off on the point guard as soon as the first screen was set though. It was his favorite thing to do and Cal was completely fine with it.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Cousins would foul out quickly.
I'm not sure KAT was that great on D.
I might go with WCS, sure he would get pushed around, but he would make Edey take difficult shots, and you could front with him.
When I met Stein at Red lobster on nicholasville road I was absolutely jaw dropped appalled at how little muscle mass he had on his upper body. The 5 foot 4 female he was with probably had more muscle on her upper body than he did which wasn't much. I now understand why he got pushed around the way he did. Shockingly weak at 7 ft tall, I honestly would not have been whatsoever intimidated by him and I stand 5 ft 7 200 lbs.

I remember the game against Mississippi State, they had a center named Jackson maybe , who was eating Nazr up. Old Magliore entered the game, and Jackson's eating stopped. Needless to say, Jackson stopped setting up shot deep in the paint.
Yeah, he was ready to toe up the second anyone even thought about challenging him. A true enforcer, he always had that look of ready to rock and everybody knew it.

I guess the question is; in a perfect world, do you attack Edey with strength, or with agility? I'm not convinced attacking Edey with strength is the best game plan. If Bam was just a bit taller, that'd be a pretty solid option, IMO.

Who's just big enough to not get pushed around, but still agile enough to out maneuver Edey?

College Davis might not be able to handle the sheer size and bulk of Edey, he didn't have to go up against any monsters like that iirc. Magloire is probably the best pick of my lifetime (Bowie was before me).

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Everybody backs down from Edey. How would he react mentally and physically if someone physically challenged him the whole game? It will happen in the NBA. Players will be getting in his face. Taking him down. All kinds of stuff.

Magloire for sure! We could've used his physicality in the paint this year! I'm not sure if he stops Edey, but he slows him down as good as anyone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT