ADVERTISEMENT

UK big man commit Somto Cyril on espn+ at 6

Man, that Twitter rebranding is one of the worst ideas I've seen in a while. 😄

Would still like to see if his birth certificate is written in crayon. Kids just a monster.
Tweeting will be X-ing, and Retweeing will be Re-X-ing, it just rolls off the tongue doesn't it? For someone with that much money he sure is an idiot.

Tweeting will be X-ing, and Retweeing will be Re-X-ing, it just rolls off the tongue doesn't it? For someone with that much money he sure is an idiot.

Totally agree haha. Every single change he has made so far at Twitter....I mean X....has been so dumb.

That being said, it'll be fun to watch Somto tonight- wondering how much run he actually gets.

Totally agree haha. Every single change he has made so far at Twitter....I mean X....has been so dumb.

That being said, it'll be fun to watch Somto tonight- wondering how much run he actually gets.
They may not have been profitable and needed some changes, but whatever goodwill the company had is gone, then he up and slashes the brand recognition, just hilariously bad management.

Cyril would be such a good fit on this year's team.

He is super physical (and foul prone) and gets lost on defense sometimes, but that's what comes from playing in an event like that where there are no schemes or principles really.

He would give us that more physical presence and another shot blocker though, that's for sure. And also a kid who wouldn't expect to get the ball or be much of an offensive focal point this year, which makes it a good fit with all of the other weapons we have.

If we could get him in August, he would be perfect for this team.

Another body and one that wouldn’t demand lots of minutes, if Bradshaw and Onyenso are good to go, but could play some minutes if one or both are not 100% this season or get re-injured or sit out.

He hasn't played A TON, but I've been watching the 2nd half and he's shown some good things. Clearly pretty raw, but considering he's going against 30 year old pros - he's looked good. He'd be an upgrade over Lance Ware, which is the exact spot I'd imagine him in. Backup big who provides a few minutes here or there in case of foul trouble, depth in case of injury

Bad meaning he's ready to help uk this year or meaning he can't play real well

He looked pretty bad to be honest.

I disagree.

He's going up against 30 year old pros in a tournament that has zero structure, principles, etc.

His team didn't even have any sort of consistent ball screen coverage, they did something different every single time in the same matchups.

Bigs almost always struggle in that environment and Somto is clearly a kid that needs structure and a role to play, and he'll play super hard within that role.

All I cared about today was seeing that he plays hard, encourages his teammates, and was the freak athlete that everyone says he is. Everything else would fall into place once he's on a real team.

How dare you spoil everyone's fantasies with reality. It's a good reason for him to wait and work on his game another year before college. He has the physical build but is no where near ready to be the superstar fans are dreaming about.

You think he's gonna get better faster in HS rather than a year in college practicing with better coaches and players?

How dare you spoil everyone's fantasies with reality. It's a good reason for him to wait and work on his game another year before college. He has the physical build but is no where near ready to be the superstar fans are dreaming about.

Who on Earth is saying he's going to be a superstar?

We need an insurance big who is okay with being the 4th or 5th big in the rotation and stepping up if injuries happen or foul trouble.

How is that expecting him to be a superstar?

And I'd sure as hell rather him spend the next 12 months going toe to toe with our bigs and working out with John Welch and Orlando Antigua, learning our system, getting college experience, etc. vs. another year at OTE.

Your post makes zero sense. Not sure how you can disagree with anything I posted here.

We need an insurance big who is okay with being the 4th or 5th big in the rotation and stepping up if injuries happen or foul trouble.

And I'd sure as hell rather him spend the next 12 months going toe to toe with our bigs and working out with John Welch and Orlando Antigua, learning our system, getting college experience, etc. vs. another year at OTE.

Your post makes zero sense. Not sure how you can disagree with anything I posted here.

Of course it didn't.

And after that year is over? You think he's going to stay for another year if he's any good? He'll either hit the portal or try to get drafted. These players do not want to play for Cal any longer than they absolutely have to. So it's either ride the bench for a year at UK, getting spot minutes and not really contributing, or come in a little more mature on all fronts and we'll hopefully get something out of him before he bolts.

If it's true he couldn't join until January he would be so far behind he couldn't help anyway.

I disagree.

He's going up against 30 year old pros in a tournament that has zero structure, principles, etc.

His team didn't even have any sort of consistent ball screen coverage, they did something different every single time in the same matchups.

Bigs almost always struggle in that environment and Somto is clearly a kid that needs structure and a role to play, and he'll play super hard within that role.

All I cared about today was seeing that he plays hard, encourages his teammates, and was the freak athlete that everyone says he is. Everything else would fall into place once he's on a real team.
From what I say, he can clearly do 3 things that will translate and help Kentucky. He can rebound, he can defend the rim and he can catch lobs and play in the dunker spot

And after that year is over? You think he's going to stay for another year if he's any good? He'll either hit the portal or try to get drafted. These players do not want to play for Cal any longer than they absolutely have to. So it's either ride the bench for a year at UK, getting spot minutes and not really contributing, or come in a little more mature on all fronts and we'll hopefully get something out of him before he bolts

From what I say, he can clearly do 3 things that will translate and help Kentucky. He can rebound, he can defend the rim and he can catch lobs and play in the dunker spot
I agree plus he would learn more at uk and develop better.

And after that year is over? You think he's going to stay for another year if he's any good? He'll either hit the portal or try to get drafted. These players do not want to play for Cal any longer than they absolutely have to. So it's either ride the bench for a year at UK, getting spot minutes and not really contributing, or come in a little more mature on all fronts and we'll hopefully get something out of him before he bolts.
Has nothing to do with playing for cal. They want to get paid. Pretty easy to see if you throw out your agenda. Oscar sure came back to play for cal, toppin 3 times, ugo. Everyone comes back unless its about money and a few playing time cases

I haven’t seen anyone call him a superstar, just a big man with upside.

How dare you spoil his fantasy that everyone was fantasizing how good Somto would be.

Literally every post I've read about the kid is he has good to great upside, but wouldn't help much right now. Somehow that gets morphed into the kid is currently a superstar. People read what they wanna read.

Cyril would most definitely help this team out. He's athletic and is a big body. He doesn't need to score much and will grab rebounds/mix it up in the paint. We play physical teams in the SEC and usually get a terrible whistle in conference play. We need some depth and he's going to be a good one in time.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Lol, ever since that dude bought Twitter, democrats lost their ever loving ****ing minds over it.
Absolutely correct. They run their mouths and know conservatives just smack them with facts instead of being censored. They aren't smart enough to have a serious debate.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Has nothing to do with playing for cal. They want to get paid. Pretty easy to see if you throw out your agenda. Oscar sure came back to play for cal, toppin 3 times, ugo. Everyone comes back unless its about money and a few playing time cases
It has everything to do with Cal. Other top tier coaches don't have nearly the problem getting their guys to return.

Oscar didn't have a choice unless he wanted to head overseas. Topping had to come back. But they have been coming back, to other teams.

Sounds like you have an agenda, too.

It has everything to do with Cal. Other top tier coaches don't have nearly the problem getting their guys to return.

Oscar didn't have a choice unless he wanted to head overseas. Topping had to come back. But they have been coming back, to other teams.

So
Lol I guess you've not heard of the portal. All coaches are losing players to other teams. So some players come back and are ok with playing for cal but the ones that leave, who aren't gonna play, don't want to play for cal? I got it now

Who has left that was a major contributor? Nobody

Yea cal came n got the best players when he arrived, developed a culture of getting the top players and they all want to get paid. Looks like he's going back to that strategy and forgetting the portal as much

Lol I guess you've not heard of the portal. All coaches are losing players to other teams. So some players come back and are ok with playing for cal but the ones that leave, who aren't gonna play, don't want to play for cal? I got it now

Who has left that was a major contributor? Nobody

Yea cal came n got the best players when he arrived, developed a culture of getting the top players and they all want to get paid. Looks like he's going back to that strategy and forgetting the portal as much
I have heard of the portal. I'm not going to cover every base for you. How'd the portal goes this year? Think it was all about nil? Keep telling yourself that 😭

I have heard of the portal. I'm not going to cover every base for you. How'd the portal goes this year? Think it was all about nil? Keep telling yourself that 😭
You act like you know everything so tell us peons, what it is. Jesus, how have I been banned 100 times but you can keep posting your drivel? I’m at least a UK fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I guess u can't read. As I stated for you that they have put the portal on the back burner and going for young talent, like old. The past 2 years were portal filled teams and you won't see that again.

That's why we didn't go for anyone and all of you cal bashers were wondering why.. lol that's why. I'm glad the west Virginia kid is on our team but after Bradshaw returns it won't matter much

They tell you the truth about everything, you just can't help yourself and make up whatever you like. They stated at the end of season they were getting back to their roots in recruiting. I believe it was coach O that said that. Meaning, nothing but young kids. Look how it's turning out.... 10/12 of em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT