ADVERTISEMENT

UK Baseball, Pooser was dealing

Battle_Cat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2002
7 innings, 11 or 12 K's I lost count, Cats loaded the bases in top 9th and South Carolina imploded defensively. Small ball squeeze has them up 4-1 after two E's from SC defense. Great game, still going.

Reactions: Usleepy-2vs7
7 innings, 11 or 12 K's I lost count, Cats loaded the bases in top 9th and South Carolina imploded defensively. Small ball squeeze has them up 4-1 after two E's from SC defense. Great game, still going.
Waldschmidt hit a towering HR earlier

Last edited:
Reactions: TX-Wildcat
Hummel getting LIT THE FUK up. 3 solo ding dongs to tie the game at 4-4.

Feel like I’m watching the football team play a game.
Lots of similarities between Mingione and Stoops. From schedule manipulation to conservative old
school offensive approaches. Mitch Barnharts dream coaches.

Reactions: dtjr
Nice 2 out/2 strike single to RF to take a 5-4 lead in top of the 10th by Lopez. His Stache is also elite.

Reactions: TX-Wildcat
Cats serve up batting practice giving up 4 HR's in 9th and 10th and lose the opener 6-5. Good Lord learn how to not throw pipe balls against power hitters Cats. Stupid loss.

Reactions: Jeff12wb and K86
Cats serve up batting practice giving up 4 HR's in 9th and 10th and lose the opener 6-5. Good Lord learn how to not throw pipe balls against power hitters Cats. Stupid loss.
To be honest that last pitch was down and away. Looked like it was a simple fly ball and just kept carrying.

To be honest that last pitch was down and away. Looked like it was a simple fly ball and just kept carrying.
yeah, i was mainly referring to those 3 in the 9th, all of them were just in the wheelhouse. It happens, I just felt like we gave that game away after a great performance by Pooser.

Reactions: bluecoon1 and K86
Ming acts like this is his dream job. Stoops now acts like it’s a paycheck. I respect what both have done for the respective programs though.
Question is, will bigger fish come after Ming after the season he’s put together. Has to be a front runner for National COY. Certainly the SEC COY.

Watching College ball is a whole different world from MLB. No lead is safe unless you’ve run-ruled somebody. Home runs like crazy, football like scores sometimes.

Watching College ball is a whole different world from MLB. No lead is safe unless you’ve run-ruled somebody. Home runs like crazy, football like scores sometimes.
If you look at our roster or any other college team's roster, you will notice we have more pitchers (25) than all the other players combined. Unlike MLB, you have to finish the season with the players you start, you can't trade, or bring someone up from the minors during the season. These young pitchers often fail us, and you have to go to the bullpen a lot.

Question is, will bigger fish come after Ming after the season he’s put together. Has to be a front runner for National COY. Certainly the SEC COY.
Very well could, but I think he loves the SEC and is good here for at least another season. Been in the conference since 2006 (except the 2008 season he spent at Western Carolina between his first stop here and his long stop at MSU). Plus, it’s the best baseball conference in the land.

UGA, Mizzou, and Bama hired new coaches in 2023, so those are out for a few years. The traditional big boys of the conference likely will not be looking for a new skipper. If Butch Thompson wasn’t the Auburn coach I’d be worried about him going to coach for AD John Cohen (who I wish would take over for Mitch when he retires). Both Ming and Butch were long time assistants at Mississippi State under Cohen and they all remain buddies.

In the end I’d hope he’d reward Mitch for sticking with him when many were calling for his job a few seasons ago. Also, I’d hope he would think that the option of building a legacy here would be easier than with the more storied SEC programs,

Reactions: K86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT