ADVERTISEMENT

UK Athletics toxicity

ULisnotmyman

Sophomore
Jul 24, 2017
KSR ranted about Mitch and NIL and alcohol and fans for the 764th time today which got me thinking; How is all this KSR vs. Mitch vs. the fans vs. Cal vs. Stoops healthy for both programs and how is it fixed?

This board has been toxic for years now. Radio shows and local reporters are always ranting and nagging about internal issues. Would it take a new AD to fix it all? Maybe it’s not all Cal’s fault? Idk, but it all just seems like a mess.

Maybe MJ has duped us all and his grand plan all along was to bring Kentucky football and basketball down and he really loves Duke. He’s been successful with basketball, now working on football with his inside sources.

Cal is doing MORE to "bring down" UK Basketball than ANYTHING Matt Jones could possibly do or say. Add to that what he WHINED about last Summer over him wanting a new practice facility and Cal HARMED UK Football.

As far as Mitch, I agree 100% with Matt!! And that is something that RARELY happens!!

KSR ranted about Mitch and NIL and alcohol and fans for the 764th time today which got me thinking; How is all this KSR vs. Mitch vs. the fans vs. Cal vs. Stoops healthy for both programs and how is it fixed?

This board has been toxic for years now. Radio shows and local reporters are always ranting and nagging about internal issues. Would it take a new AD to fix it all? Maybe it’s not all Cal’s fault? Idk, but it all just seems like a mess.

Maybe MJ has duped us all and his grand plan all along was to bring Kentucky football and basketball down and he really loves Duke. He’s been successful with basketball, now working on football with his inside sources.

In order to go down you have to be up. Football has probably peaked but was never going to be sec and national title contenders.

Basketball is down due to calipari.

Mj is a powerless bystander.

You logging off would help.

Great topic OP.

There is a negativity surrounding YK athletics.

This board is almost insufferable. Used to be full of positive basketball opinions. Not anymore. It’s awful.

Would like to see Mitch Cal Stoops and Jones all come together. Let’s get some positive mojo going!

I was being facetious with my last paragraph. But I don’t ever remember so much bickering going on between all the major people involved with each sport, etc. And seems like MJ/KT only stir the pot.

It’s really simple, and has nothing to do with Matt. Win games. Specifically, Cal win games. And to a smaller extent, Stoops win games. Matt just making hay while the sun shines.

And if Mitch would just lose the holier than thou, I know what’s best for you attitude, it would help. Listen to the fans my man.

Great topic OP.

This board is almost insufferable. Used to be full of positive basketball opinions. Not anymore. It’s awful.

Would like to see Mitch Cal Stoops and Jones all come together. Let’s get some positive mojo going!
When a supposed blue blood program hasn't won a tourney game since '19, you can bet your ass there's going to be some negativity.

It’s really simple, and has nothing to do with Matt. Win games. Specifically, Cal win games. And to a smaller extent, Stoops win games. Matt just making hay while the sun shines.

And if Mitch would just lose the holier than thou, I know what’s best for you attitude, it would help. Listen to the fans my man.
Pretty much this. Both basketball and football came in with high expectations. Football didn’t live up to them, and so far basketball hasn’t either.

I guarantee that if UK makes the FF, or even pulls off a title, the vibe of BBN will be back to positive.

KSR and Matt Jones are not that complicated. They provide useful, to me, information about UK sports. The Mitch, NIL, alcohol etc. is just providing info. I cant see a long game plan to bring anyone down.

Great topic OP.

The board is toxic because the people who post here make it toxic. UK athletics is actually in pretty good shape. Could things improve? Sure, of course. But to read this board you’d think we were U6 or worse.

KSR and Matt Jones are not that complicated. They provide useful, to me, information about UK sports. The Mitch, NIL, alcohol etc. is just providing info. I cant see a long game plan to bring anyone down.
Lately it’s been more than just providing info. Go listen to the 11:30 segment (I think) today. He thinks he is bigger than the program and is turning Cal/Mitch against the “fans” since they are the self-proclaimed collective voice of the fans. That, imo, is not good any way you spin it.

Reactions: UKMKG
It would help if coaches lived up to their contracts and won the games that they are supposed to win. Couple that with giving said coaches huge contracts when they are being perceived as not earning them at the level of fan expectation. This appears to be the source of angst of most of the board’s fans.

What if we had a day designated that fans could only post positive/constructive comments? Find something that you are complimentary about - anything - and post it. I wonder if this would benefit the overall morale in a way that we can control and change? What we say on message is not going to change ANYTHING about the football/basketball programs. Perhaps being more encouraging can change and reflect a more interesting board to all….just a thought…

I find it increasingly hilarious watching maybe 20 accounts max tell all the rest of us we’re a vocal minority.

Different people are reacting to the problems very very differently, despite the false accusations. But only a precious few of us believe there aren’t problems.

But you do you, guys. Nothing wrong with whistling past the graveyard.

This board and most others have been like this for at least 18-20 years.

The “toxic” environment is just a reflection of our whiny, what have you done for me lately, I matter more than you or anything else society.

That said, we need some changes/adjustments with our basketball and football teams. Let’s see what happens in the off season with football. Let’s let the basketball season play out.

Anybody that takes Matt Jones seriously is the problem. He's a parasite.
Exactly. Everything he has is due to stealing the old Kentucky Sports Report domain, stealing info off of house of blue, sucking all he could out of Orbzut for info etc. he’s a fraud and a clay Travis wannabe. Host another drag show Matt and get out of the way.

Exactly. Everything he has is due to stealing the old Kentucky Sports Report domain, stealing info off of house of blue, sucking all he could out of Orbzut for info etc. he’s a fraud and a clay Travis wannabe. Host another drag show Matt and get out of the way.
Well the drag show comment says it all.

Cal isn’t winning the games that he should. Matt jones is an arrogant dude with a radio show. Both are doing their jobs (albeit poorly sometimes) essentially. Neither of them has been toxic.

The toxicity is born from unhappy fans who can’t deal. They are unhappy because of a lack of high success from their favorite team. As am I. But toxicity is a choice. Sometimes at work employees are toxic, usually because they are unhappy over work. What normally happens? The toxic employee is invited to explore other options before the toxin is allowed to spread to the others. On this board, nobody stopped the spread and now the inmates run the asylum. On the other hand I’m a fan of free speech. So what do ya do? Hmm.

Cal isn’t winning the games that he should. Matt jones is an arrogant dude with a radio show. Both are doing their jobs (albeit poorly sometimes) essentially. Neither of them has been toxic.

The toxicity is born from unhappy fans who can’t deal. They are unhappy because of a lack of high success from their favorite team. As am I. But toxicity is a choice. Sometimes at work employees are toxic, usually because they are unhappy over work. What normally happens? The toxic employee is invited to explore other options before the toxin is allowed to spread to the others. On this board, nobody stopped the spread and now the inmates run the asylum. On the other hand I’m a fan of free speech. So what do ya do? Hmm.
Cal better hope the “toxicity” doesn’t turn into APATHY, which has already begun to creep in. When the fans stop caring, what was the BEST fans in ALL of college basketball will be no more.

Starts at the top….Mitch has been here too long.
Yeah really wish he’d move on so UK could bring back DeWayne Peevy or Rob Mullens. Both were more respected internally during their time at UK. Honestly one of the more perplexing things about Mitch. For all his personality quirks, he’s got quite the impressive AD Tree which also includes Scott Stricklin (Florida), Mark Coyle (Minnesota), Kevin Saal (Wichita State) and of course Alabama’s Greg Byrne.

ADVERTISEMENT