ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo Onyenso Workout

Of course not but guys like AD, Nerlens, and WCS we very Fluid, even Richards moved gracefully. He just didn’t have hands his first 2 years. Ugo looks too mechanical and robotic when he moves. Granted those other guys were top 10 talents/lotto picks.

Maybe I am just talking myself into this, but I think he moves quite a bit like the Sanogo kid for UCONN this past year (hence why UCONN was openly tampering with Ugo to get him to enter the portal).

Definitely doesn't move like those guys you mentioned, but also isn't as slow as like Dakari Johnson either.

If he could play anything like Sanogo did for UCONN this year I would take it in a heartbeat.

Wow, looks really slow, and bringing the ball down waist high, every time, not sure who is helping/teaching him, Keep the ball shoulders or higher big guy, got to be strong both hands, Oh, hell, they will figure it out

Reactions: NociHTTP
Maybe I am just talking myself into this, but I think he moves quite a bit like the Sanogo kid for UCONN this past year (hence why UCONN was openly tampering with Ugo to get him to enter the portal).

Definitely doesn't move like those guys you mentioned, but also isn't as slow as like Dakari Johnson either.

If he could play anything like Sanogo did for UCONN this year I would take it in a heartbeat.
Hell yeah, that dude was a monster. If he comes in and plays like him we could have a UCONN style year assuming we get Reeves/Livingston, Oscar/Reeves, Oscar/Livingston back. That or one of them and at least another good transfer or 2 coming out of the combine.

i would be ok with that
Yeah, I'm not expecting it, but the question was what would he need to produce if he had to play 25+. Which means we likely don't have Oscar back so for us to be really good, yeah something around those numbers would be required.

He’s going to be really good, that’s the good news.
The bad news is, it won't be this year and with his size, hes probably going to jump after this season, so we won't ever get to see Ugo at anywhere near his best, unless we tune into the NBA network.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
He does look very slow and deliberate in that video. Works well in a video but that won't be good during live action against a talented and quicker opponent. On a good note, he does look like he has gotten stronger and has been hitting the weights.

Oscar on Ugo and Bradshaw.

“He really wants to get better,” he continued. “And he’s a great shot-blocker — that’s going to help the team next year a lot. And I believe he’s going to be a big thing for Kentucky.” Tshiebwe isn’t quite as familiar with Bradshaw — listed at 7-feet and 210 pounds and ranked No. 5 in the 2023 class by 247Sports — but he’s watched videos of the UK recruit and flashed a grin when his name was mentioned. “That boy’s good,” Tshiebwe declared. “He can extend and shoot — a three-point shooter. He does a lot of things. He’s going to help the team in a lot of different ways. He’s a shot-blocker. He shoots the ball really good.”

Going into the season with only Bradshaw and Onyenso to play the “5” spot would be an obvious gamble. Both are unproven against top-flight college competition, though both possess fascinating upside and potential star-making qualities. The biggest area of concern in this scenario would probably be on the boards. “I just gotta teach them how to rebound,” Tshiebwe said with a laugh. “It’s effort, and you need to be able to know how to go get the ball. They need to learn that.

Other than that, they’re going to help Kentucky be great.” Calipari lamented last season that Onyenso was sometimes pushed around by more physical opponents, to be expected with a young player still learning the game. Bradshaw is even thinner — listed at 15 pounds lighter than Onyenso — and is likely to find a tough learning curve as he adapts to a rougher brand of basketball in the paint next season. Tshiebwe, of course, has led the nation in rebounding each of the past two seasons.

Without him, UK will have some major gaps to fill. One candidate to bolster the Cats’ frontcourt was San Diego State transfer Keshad Johnson, but the 6-7, 225-pound forward with the reputation as a defensive stopper announced his commitment to Arizona over the weekend. Chris Livingston could still come back for another season and provide some physicality and grit in the paint, but he, like Tshiebwe, is currently locked in on the draft process.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article275566021.html#storylink=cpy

Way to slow getting shot off, can't bring the ball down to your knees to shoot it. Rebounds, blocked shots and put backs are the key to his success.

I don't think his shot is mechanical, nor is he bringing the ball down too low. Watch any shooter, they do the same. His shot may seem mechanical because its repeatable. That's exactly what you practice to do. I think his shot looks just fine. Its not like rebounding, bringing it down low then trying a put back. I doubt very seriously he will bring the ball down on a put back.

This is practice, he's simply working on his shooting form. And those type of shots won't happen unless he's wide open.

Reactions: CatTough
Shot looks good. Frame is filling out. Wife shoulders. Lots of muscle definition. Like to see him working on posts moves. Drop steps. Shooting the ball over both shoulders.

He's married? I hope that works out for him. He's awfully young.

He's already better than Collins and Ware. He runs the floor better and has a nice feel of the game still raw but talented. This video shows he has worked on his body (looking great). Now show that you can defend and hold onto the ball and pass to the open man when doubled.

8-10pt, 8-10 reb, 2-3 blk
And that is what I think/expect he will do
If you project his stats last year to 30 mpg:

52.9% fg 57.1% ft 10.9 ppg 11.3 rpg 4.3 bpg

So project that to 25 instead of 30, and you are about right. I think he will be one of the top shot blockers in the nation next season.

realistically what do we need from ony next year if hes playing 25 plus mins
I don't think 12 & 9 is out of reach. Throw in a few blocks. I think he will open some eyes this year. Gonna need to stay out of foul trouble because we will be so thin as always.

Man honestly, I like that mid range jumper better than seeing him makes those 3's. Someone making that shot consistently wins ball games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT