ADVERTISEMENT

Ugh. So much for Hawkins

I'd have taken Hawkins, but I wasn't over the moon about him. I wonder if this means there is movement with Javon Small. If not him, the staff has to have another option that's unknown to us and the portal.

You post losers that’s not good enough for SEC ball every 6 mins . You are about filling spots and not winning
Mahaney quite literally went to the back-back national champions, now the hell was he not good enough for Kentucky. Not every dame piece is a star player, there’s 2 spots on teams for that, everybody else is a role player

They big board Pope has is ever changing. I bet out of 29 guys (28 if you take off Garrison or 27 minus hawkins) that 5 or 6 are Point Guards. The rest is Osobor and wings / scorers. He does not need any other C or big guys besides another maybe power forward (true PF).

Why ugh? He wasn't that good at Minnesota.

I think people are hyping up too many transfers in ways that we used to hype of spring recruits who were unsigned.

Proceed with caution and trust the process.
Everytime a new guy in the portal is announced, it's followed by "huge get". Well, yeah, he needs players so that not every guy on the roster is averaging 38.2 minutes a game. I'll take Pope's judgement on who the "gets" are.

Reactions: bluesundown
My lord are we really that spoiled?
We were beaten SEVERAL times by these mid major type players. The ones some of you think aren’t good enough are the ones who won those games
I thought we wanted to get away from so many freshmen OADs?

My lord are we really that spoiled?
We were beaten SEVERAL times by these mid major type players. The ones some of you think aren’t good enough are the ones who won those games
I thought we wanted to get away from so many freshmen OADs?
Not every mid-major type player can do well at UK. Doug Edert scored almost 20 against UK and transferred to Brown and has barely averaged 5ppg. You still have to vet transfers like you do with high schoolers.

Not every mid-major type player can do well at UK. Doug Edert scored almost 20 against UK and transferred to Brown and has barely averaged 5ppg. You still have to vet transfers like you do with high schoolers.
Oh I agree. I should have been clearer in my post
A lot of these players we are getting are being trashed as “not good enough for Ky basketball or the SEC”
I let it bug me and I shouldn’t have. Just made a post on another thread about not allowing people to get under my skin and well…

Reactions: RunninRichie
I believe after the next wing signing it’s going to be harder for Pope to pull these dudes. There’s one more big time wing slot wide open on the roster. As soon as that’s filled it becomes a lot more of bench roles/splitting time/etc. Money can solve a lot of that, just ask Kansas but it will be harder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT