ADVERTISEMENT

UGA is better than UK, but the margin is decreasing

Jan 30, 2003
Let's face facts. UGA is simply better than UK this season. If these teams played each other 10 times, UGA wins around 8.5 of them.

That being said, I watched the game with Big Blue colored glasses on, and I came away impressed with the 'Cats. UK has really cut into the "athlete" gap of the SEC's best, IMO.
I noticed it against Florida. And the way UK pushed LSU all around last week was no accident.

UK is getting bigger, faster, stronger players, and it appears they are well coached.
The line play is light years ahead of Stoops' early years. The closing speed on defense, and the speed/athleticism of UK playmakers is eye-catching to me.

I believe there's going to come a time, hopefully in my lifetime, when UK plays in Atlanta in early December. Winning an SEC title is my national championship.

Reactions: JBing5 and chroix
Georgia @ Georgia this year is just a really tall task. But the ceiling for this program with Stoops at the helm just keeps going up.

When 10-2 means we made some missteps this year...I don't think any UK fan can complain about our trajectory.

Just imagine us with even above-average SEC recruiting.

Stoops gets the most out of his players. Georgia is loaded with 5 and 4 star players and it isn't even close. Would like to see what Stoops would do with comparable talent.

Reactions: sam_o
Agree 100. GA has the best college defensive line I've ever seen, been watching for 30 plus years. GA is gonna win the National Championship this year, they're that good. We won't lose again and have a hell of great bowl game. The gap is closing, GA is like LSU a few years ago but one the best defense's instead of offense with Burrow and co. When GA doesn't have an all time defense we can play right with them.

The UGA game is what it is. It was number one on the road.
The most important thing, as I said before this game even happened, isn’t what happened today. It’s what transpires over the next few weeks.
We cannot slip up now and lose to miss st on the road and utjr at home. Vandy, nmst, and lville should be cupcakes. You win those next two, you most likely finish 11-1.
Don’t let stupid Tennessee ruin that or we will be playing somebody like Pitt in shitty bowl game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT