ADVERTISEMENT

UFs QB Mertz done

Hate to hear that. The Gators have actually been platooning their QBs so the Freshman Lagway has some PT under his belt and is pretty good from what I have seen.

He is big and fast, about 6'3" 240. UF fans have been calling for him to start since the 1st game. They haven't lit the scoreboard up with him, but bigtime arm and quick release, and a true frosh.

He is big and fast, about 6'3" 240. UF fans have been calling for him to start since the 1st game. They haven't lit the scoreboard up with him, but bigtime arm and quick release, and a true frosh.
Mertz another victim of the uneven turf and holes at Pilot's Lot Lizard Park.

Hate to see anybody get seriously hurt like that. Tough to say how this might affect the game. Lagway is easily the more physically gifted of the two QBs they’d been playing, but he’s also a true freshman and has made some of the mistakes you’d expect to come along with that. Let’s hope we can get some pressure on him and force some mistakes that outweigh whatever good plays he makes.

Yep, it's rougher that most pastures. If something had to be destroyed due to recent weather too bad it wasn't that dump. 100k seats in a space for 70k. One of if not the worst game experiences in the country if comfort is faster in.
The damn place is dangerous for fans and players. It is by far the worst field in the SEC and when you walk up to your seat it feels as if the section you are in is about to collapse.

Yep, it's rougher that most pastures. If something had to be destroyed due to recent weather too bad it wasn't that dump. 100k seats in a space for 70k. One of if not the worst game experiences in the country if comfort is faster in.
It's true. I've attended two games there and was thoroughly underwhelmed by the fan experience. 3/4 of a seat per person even before you account for Junior and Lulu's broad arses multiplied several times over. I understand they've improved it over the years, but the first time I went the men's room made an old school gas station bathroom look antiseptic. The whole concourse smelled like an open sewer outside it.

I agree,worst in SEC,fans as well, with Vandy stadium a close second.

It's true. I've attended two games there and was thoroughly underwhelmed by the fan experience. 3/4 of a seat per person even before you account for Junior and Lulu's broad arses multiplied several times over. I understand they've improved it over the years, but the first time I went the men's room made an old school gas station bathroom look antiseptic. The whole concourse smelled like an open sewer outside it.
Right and a fresh coat of paint every year fails to refreshen the decades old aroma of stale urine and cigars. It's said Pilot's Lot Lizard Park, nee Neyland Stadium, sits on a series of underground caves/caverns and will implode at some point in the future. One hopes it's not during a game when it collapses.

The damn place is dangerous for fans and players. It is by far the worst field in the SEC and when you walk up to your seat it feels as if the section you are in is about to collapse.

Sure is, only mountain goats feel comfortable making that climb. One year we played there they had a concert/carnival on the field the Thursday before our game, Nick Chubb got a cleat caught in a rut they didn't try to fix and blew up his knee.

• Angry
Reactions: Gators1853
I agree,worst in SEC,fans as well, with Vandy stadium a close second.
DYK the Vandy stadium is the oldest in the South, over 100 years old? It was built at a time when Vandy was THE major Southern football power. They're supposedly spending tens of millions of dollars upgrading, we'll see how that goes.

But none of those were backups. Stoops and company had time to prepare for them. I’m afraid they won’t have a clue what the backup can do. Fortunately, this guy has played quite a bit. So there should be no excuse to not have a game plan to defend him.

But none of those were backups. Stoops and company had time to prepare for them. I’m afraid they won’t have a clue what the backup can do. Fortunately, this guy has played quite a bit. So there should be no excuse to not have a game plan to defend him.
What does that have to do with anything?

So your argument is if ole miss, uga or Vandy played backup qb….they would’ve scored mores?

Makes no sense

The argument used to be running qb gave us fits, etc. Reality is Ky is a ton better in D and this is one of Stoops best units in his years at Ky. Just the stupid offense is a mess he can’t fix

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT