ADVERTISEMENT

UFs QB Mertz done

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Torn ACL. Gators will be starting a true Freshman.
I know he was #1 recruit but that doesnt take away the fact that he is just 19 yrs old.

White needs to dial up multi blitz packages Sat in the Swamp.

Pressure his ass unmercifully.

I smell 4 straight wins over UF.

• Wow
Reactions: sambowieshin
Hate to hear that. The Gators have actually been platooning their QBs so the Freshman Lagway has some PT under his belt and is pretty good from what I have seen.

He is big and fast, about 6'3" 240. UF fans have been calling for him to start since the 1st game. They haven't lit the scoreboard up with him, but bigtime arm and quick release, and a true frosh.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
He is big and fast, about 6'3" 240. UF fans have been calling for him to start since the 1st game. They haven't lit the scoreboard up with him, but bigtime arm and quick release, and a true frosh.
Mertz another victim of the uneven turf and holes at Pilot's Lot Lizard Park.

Hate to see anybody get seriously hurt like that. Tough to say how this might affect the game. Lagway is easily the more physically gifted of the two QBs they’d been playing, but he’s also a true freshman and has made some of the mistakes you’d expect to come along with that. Let’s hope we can get some pressure on him and force some mistakes that outweigh whatever good plays he makes.

I expect Brad White to win the game for us this weekend. He will pressure the QB and give him different looks. And we need the defense to score this week.

Mertz another victim of the uneven turf and holes at Pilot's Lot Lizard Park.

Yep, it's rougher that most pastures. If something had to be destroyed due to recent weather too bad it wasn't that dump. 100k seats in a space for 70k. One of if not the worst game experiences in the country if comfort is faster in.

Reactions: Gators1853
Yep, it's rougher that most pastures. If something had to be destroyed due to recent weather too bad it wasn't that dump. 100k seats in a space for 70k. One of if not the worst game experiences in the country if comfort is faster in.
The damn place is dangerous for fans and players. It is by far the worst field in the SEC and when you walk up to your seat it feels as if the section you are in is about to collapse.

Oh no…a backup QB. Instant All American.
Old Uk fan mentality

Jaxson Datt…pretty pedestrian performance
Carson Beck……maybe his worst game of season
The amazing Pavia from Vandy…limping around to 20 pts

Uk defense has been fine all year

Now the offense is another story

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT