ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra met with Chris Mack yesterday

Oh, I thought that was Rick's wrenches name...I figured uofl retained her...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
giphy.gif

[winking][laughing]

Mack will take the job cause he will double his salary and move to his wife's hometown.

However, if he was to turn UofL down, Im not sure that any decent coach would take that job.

He is truly their best hope, but if he says no, then the coaching search will quickly become a train wreck.

If he takes the U-6 job, is there any chance of him being the future head at UK post Cal?

I am not impressed with Mack as a representative of any program. He may be a good coach but his media performance and attitude leaves a lot to be desired. He could compete with Billy G. for interview skills (or lack thereof).
Are we confusing Chris Mack with Mick Cronin ? again ?

Reactions: kats23
Considering Villanova is the only good team in Xavier’s conference and they got spanked by 20+ both time they played, I’d say Mack will do really well in the ACC

Reactions: morgousky
Tyra is going to be the AD. In typical UL fashion, they spent thousands on a an outside search firm to create the smokescreen.

Mack will be their coach soon. Helluva good hire to be honest. And he will have them competitive in a couple of years.

And they will continue to languish in debt.

Reactions: Cindog28
Still ban worthy dude...:rolleyes:
Obviously your vote is no way in Hell, but I wanted to see how people felt about that idea since I had seen a lot of support for him one day replacing Cal. That says nothing about my own opinions. For the record, I don't know much about Mack so I can't say if I would want him at UK. But I had read where he is a homegrown Kentucky boy. If bringing up new ideas is ban worthy then we need to just shut the board down now and call it a good run.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If he takes the U-6 job, is there any chance of him being the future head at UK post Cal?
I certainly hope not

I’ve stated before and will do so again: I never again want someone who coached at another SEC school or at a big OOC rival. It’s why I didn’t want Donovan. And it’s why RP going to Louisville pissed me off so much

Reactions: lsvljoe and katwest
Obviously your vote is no way in Hell, but I wanted to see how people felt about that idea since I had seen a lot of support for him one day replacing Cal. That says nothing about my own opinions. For the record, I don't know much about Mack so I can't say if I would want him at UK. But I had read where he is a homegrown Kentucky boy. If bringing up new ideas is ban worthy then we need to just shut the board down now and call it a good run.

Shut'er down then...

Reactions: KySpringCat
I certainly hope not

I’ve stated before and will do so again: I never again want someone who coached at another SEC school or at a big OOC rival. It’s why I didn’t want Donovan. And it’s why RP going to Louisville pissed me off so much
I never did get why people were so angry about RP going to U-6. It was his behavior as time progressed that got me. But when he took the job, the only problem I was I knew they were getting a damn good coach and I didn't want our rival having that. In hindsight.......

I never did get why people were so angry about RP going to U-6. It was his behavior as time progressed that got me. But when he took the job, the only problem I was I knew they were getting a damn good coach and I didn't want our rival having that. In hindsight.......

Dang, you are at least outing yourself as a short time fan of UK. I have never seen a UK fan with any tenure have that reasoning. jmuo

If that really happened nothing has really changed there, What makes people think they will change. Them doing that is exactly what Jurich would have done making Padgett a lame duck coach. They are so afraid they will not be able to get a decent coach, they are really keeping it classy aren't they.

I think a lot of people may want this but I think we can do much, much better. And will when that day comes.
We certainly will. I hope that day is at least 5 years away. If we could somehow slip in this year and win the whole thing. Cal could actually be in position to get a couple more. He is due to land on the good side once or twice if he keeps getting to the Final Four. I feel like we should have 2 more right now. Maybe the law of averages catches up to us in a positive way over the next few years.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Dang, you are at least outing yourself as a short time fan of UK. I have never seen a UK fan with any tenure have that reasoning. jmuo
Nope sorry. I am 41 years old and have been closely following UK since Joe Hall's final year.

I know that is an unpopular position, but I supported Rick's decision back then. I didn't like it because I thought he could do good things for our rival, but didn't see any reason to hate him for it.

He just did what you cannot do if you ever coach at Kentucky, go to your hated rival and then remain in good graces with Kentucky, hell no. Bobby Knight wouldn't go to Purdue, Dean Smith wouldn't go to Duke after coaching at their schools, only egotistical Rick Pitino would do that.

If that really happened nothing has really changed there, What makes people think they will change. Them doing that is exactly what Jurich would have done making Padgett a lame duck coach. They are so afraid they will not be able to get a decent coach, they are really keeping it classy aren't they.

I thought the same thing: typical U6.

I get you may not want to keep Padgett, but good lord, talk about rubbing his nose in it. A total embarrassment to do that to the dude right before the game.

Never change U6

they will spin this as "we got rid of everyone from the old regime". Even though they kept Padgett to salvage the team.

They will say they are new and reborn and shouldn't receive any more penalties. They have now moved on. The NCAA should too. Lol.

They will say Kentucky is still cheating with Cal and they are doing things the right way. Think Indiana syndrome.

Wait for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT