ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Baron announcing on Dec. 18th (Early NSD)

Stepfather is on the TN staff. He's probably why the stepfather was hired to begin with.
Unless it's a Laremy Tunsil type situation, these players almost always sign with the school that employs their family member. It's why I never bought the Cade Cunningham song and dance. To top it off Baron lives in Knoxville. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we pull this off but either way we're fine with our DL class.

Unless it's a Laremy Tunsil type situation, these players almost always sign with the school that employs their family member. It's why I never bought the Cade Cunningham song and dance. To top it off Baron lives in Knoxville. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we pull this off but either way we're fine with our DL class.
Don't think Baron's been in Knoxville very long. Prior had lived with mother in Nashville and attended Ensworth, another private school. Don't think he'll chose UK but what I've heard regardless, UK did a super job recruiting him.

He appears to be a Christian so it’s hard to imagine he’d go that route.
I'm sure there are several Christian's on the filthy orange team...strange that they are one of the few SEC teams that have pregame prayer before games and l thought that was banned.

Reactions: gojvc
Stepfather is on the TN staff. He's probably why the stepfather was hired to begin with.
UT staff member is Baron's father not stepfather. Mother and father have different last names and Tyler has mom's last name. Came to live with his father in the spring to attend Catholic High School. Playing with 2 other Rivals top 250 OL"s in Brynn Tucker who is headed to Clemson and Cooper Mayes who is headed to UT. For whatever reason, a lot of the coaches sons attend Catholic and play on the football team.

UT staff member is Baron's father not stepfather. Mother and father have different last names and Tyler has mom's last name. Came to live with his father in the spring to attend Catholic High School. Playing with 2 other Rivals top 250 OL"s in Brynn Tucker who is headed to Clemson and Cooper Mayes who is headed to UT. For whatever reason, a lot of the coaches sons attend Catholic and play on the football team.
And Tee's boy at QB. All that talent yet is already out of the playoffs finishing 7-4. Must be an interesting time living with a dad who you don't care enough for to use his name.

And Tee's boy at QB. All that talent yet is already out of the playoffs finishing 7-4. Must be an interesting time living with a dad who you don't care enough for to use his name.
Most people use the name on the birth certificate and since mom and dad weren't married tends to be the norm. Also Catholic plays in the same private school category as Baylor, McCallie, Ensworth and the other big private schools in the state. Had they chosen to continue to play against public schools in 5A, they would have been a favorite to win the state who all have more overall talent than Catholic. Tee's son is an above average football player but his best sport is baseball. Could be a MLB high draft pick after his senior year or could choose the college route but was a star on Catholic's baseball team as frosh.

Most people use the name on the birth certificate and since mom and dad weren't married tends to be the norm. Also Catholic plays in the same private school category as Baylor, McCallie, Ensworth and the other big private schools in the state. Had they chosen to continue to play against public schools in 5A, they would have been a favorite to win the state who all have more overall talent than Catholic. Tee's son is an above average football player but his best sport is baseball. Could be a MLB high draft pick after his senior year or could choose the college route but was a star on Catholic's baseball team as frosh.
And it's about time Catholic is playing their own kind, other privates who recruit like hell. For years privates played public schools in their area many of whom are nothing more than neighborhood schools. Beat up on them but led to bogus championships. Ensworth, created by the founders of Covenant Health, have also struggled somewhat in recent years now that they play a private school schedule. If you want to be private, fine, if you want to recruit, fine, but play your own kind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT