FB Recruiting Ty Bryant recaps visit for season opener

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Kentucky commitment

Ty Bryant
was among the prospects in the stands for the program's season-opening win over Louisiana-Monroe.

With Kroger Field's stands filled for the first time since 2019, Bryant enjoyed himself taking in the day.

"I felt like the atmosphere at the game was great," he told CatsIllustrated.com. "There was a lot of people attending because they couldn't be there for a while and I feel like there was a lot of energy, especially when you see that they got down at the beginning. The fans were still rooting and cheering for Kentucky and I loved that."

Bryant will be watching this weekend as the Cats open SEC play with a home tilt against Missouri and he's anxious to take note of the environment for that contest.

"This weekend's going to be even better because we play another SEC opponent and it's a night game," he said.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder projects as a defensive player for UK, but nonetheless has taken note of a revitalized offense under new offensive coordinator Liam Coen.

Said Bryant: "I like the way they're throwing the ball now. Coach Coen's doing a great job of changing everything around and making adjustments in the offensive game. I love seeing them air it out, because that makes the game fun."

Of course, the Lexington product also liked what he saw out of the Wildcats' defensive players in game one.

"For the defense, the defense is playing fast and playing physical. I love to see that. They're really good on third downs right now and they need to keep that up for the year," said Bryant.

The 2023 standout has kept in close contact with multiple members of the Kentucky staff since his pledge in August.

"It's getting better and better every single day," Bryant said of his bonds with Mark Stoops and company. "Every day, I'm talking to someone on the staff and building my relationships. They show me a lot of love. Not only them, but fans that keep up with recruiting and know that I'm committed. That's what I like."

One program in particular has continued making efforts to possibly change Bryant's mind, but he appears set with the Cats.

"Right now, I'm 110 percent locked into Kentucky. I don't see that changing anytime soon unless something drastic happens in the program. Cincinnati, they still contact me even though I'm committed."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News