ADVERTISEMENT

Two teams

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
One team is your all-UK lineup you would use with a one point lead and the other team inbounding the ball with 20 seconds left.

The other is your all-UK lineup down one, inbounding the ball with 20 seconds to go.

Team 1
G Rajon Rondo
G DeAndre Liggins
F Tayshaun Prince
F Willie Cauley Stein
C Anthony Davis

Team 2
G Anthony Epps
G Aaron Harrison
F Tayshaun Prince
F Oscar Tschiebwe
C Dan Issel

Reactions: TM2013
One team is your all-UK lineup you would use with a one point lead and the other team inbounding the ball with 20 seconds left.

The other is your all-UK lineup down one, inbounding the ball with 20 seconds to go.

Team 1
G Rajon Rondo
G DeAndre Liggins
F Tayshaun Prince
F Willie Cauley Stein
C Anthony Davis

Team 2
G Anthony Epps
G Aaron Harrison
F Tayshaun Prince
F Oscar Tschiebwe
C Dan Issel

Hard to argue with your defensive team picks. Maybe not much physical play, so depending on who the offense puts on the floor, I might consider someone like Hayes or Magloire for Willie.

On offense, I get Issel. Not saying he shouldn't. But most of us never saw him play (& I'm 55), so I'm limiting to those I saw play.
Team 2:
Wall - Ulis lead my all-UK team as the PG, but just needing 1 basket, I'll hope Wall doesn't turn it over and go with him.
Lamb - how do you not take the best shooter in UK history (I know Reed had a higher %, but I just trust Lamb more, maybe because played 2 years (which is opposite of me taking Wall over Ulis)
Mashburn - best all around offensive player I've seen play for UK (since never saw Issel)
Oscar - why? not because of his offense, but because if one of those other 4 misses, he will go get it and maybe put it back in or get fouled
This last one is tough! I get the Aaron love, but outside of that 1 tournament, he wouldn't even be considered. I know he struggled big-time in his only tournament game, but I might go with...
Reed (best shooter) who also can find a more open guy.

Reactions: ala_kat2 and chroix
Sean Woods would be running my clutch scoring team.

“Where did he find the courage to take that shot?” ——Cawood Ledford

Solid player generally, especially late in his senior year, and that shot may well have been the most clutch, highest stakes shot in program history that actually went in. Wasn’t enough to win the game because of that insane day Laetner had, but you can’t put that on Woods. Was enough to win 499 out of 500 high pressure, high stakes games.

Sean Woods would be running my clutch scoring team.

“Where did he find the courage to take that shot?” ——Cawood Ledford

Solid player generally, especially late in his senior year, and that shot may well have been the most clutch, highest stakes shot in program history that actually went in. Wasn’t enough to win the game because of that insane day Laetner had, but you can’t put that on Woods. Was enough to win 499 out of 500 high pressure, high stakes games.
I actually thought of him, but I see your 1992 shot and raise you a three-pointer that sent the Arizona game to overtime. Epps was Steady Eddy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT