ADVERTISEMENT

Tweet about the decline of Coach Cal’s recruiting

Nobody is crying. The sooner you realize that, the sooner we can move on.

Again, this is a discussion board, maybe you can use your military training to figure out what a message board is.
The topic at hand is the decline of Calipari recruiting and I say there is not one.
We currently have the number 1 recruiting class and 2 top recruits of 2021 went elsewhere and some Ky fans are jumping off bridges. Calipari will prove naysayers wrong. He will have his run.
Why dont you quit trying to be a mod? Your knowledge is lacking

The topic at hand is the decline of Calipari recruiting and I say there is not one.
We currently have the number 1 recruiting class and 2 top recruits of 2021 went elsewhere and some Ky fans are jumping off bridges. Calipari will prove naysayers wrong. He will have his run.
Why dont you quit trying to be a mod? Your knowledge is lacking
Who's jumping off a bridge? do you struggle with reading comprehension? It appears you do.

I get it, Yes, I understand you don't like to read comments about reality, but there is a huge difference between the recruiting classes we saw from 2009 through 2014 and what we are getting now.

Calipari is a great motivator and he develops talent in short order better than any coach in the business, but we are not getting the John Wall's, Demarcus Cousin's, the AD's, the KAT's or the Julius Randle's any longer. You're all about calling others out for talking about the decline in top 5 recruits, but that's because you're just looking at the stars next to the names. There’s a big difference between top 5 dudes and guys like EJ Montgomery.

What you also need to realize is, most of us are saying that the issue is not on Cal, we believe he is abiding by NCAA rules, we believe others could be giving benefits to these kids and we believe Nike is pushing players to schools like Duke, simply because Cal didn’t play in that PK80 tournament a few years ago.

You guys are in such a hurry to jump on those of us that are seeing what is happening, that you aren't bothering to look at what we are actually saying.

Again, nobody is crying about anything.

Cal just needs to tell young guys who aspire to be in the NBA and reach highest level of development to watch any NBA game--you will be hard pressed to not see a UK guy and majority are either in multiple year in league (big $$) or about to get that huge contract (Fox, Bam, SGA and Herro is definitely heading that way) and when people talk of how the Cats play.....or don't allow someone to do something....point out how quickly their guys adapt to the NBA game and this isn't some fluke when it's repeatedly happening and with players who have been elite recruits, underrated, or talked of as "reaches" by other programs/fans.

The guys who should be celebrating the success the most are the upcoming Cats in Draft like Maxey, Richards, Quickley. With the lack of normal Draft preparation/evaluations, teams can either trust what has been taking place and listen to UK staff, or pass and get pissed when another guy plays to the level these franchise were told. But I get it, it'll be about EJ Montgomery's "use" or how Whitney didn't get to show whatever it is he wasn't allowed to show.........etc....

Generational Wealth getting to play a game you love after spending time in Lexington or taking chances to listen to people telling you why other options are better and you get to do what you want. And no this isn't a shot at Duke or UNC or Kansas as much as some clown programs who fire shots and get bag to handlers who take risks or don't give a damn about kids and send them places to get their cut, not caring what happens with kid.

What did I do? This guy can call people every name in the book and he's still posting, I've done nothing of the sort. I've also told him I'm done responding to him.

I don’t understand how a guy is allowed to continue posting after calling people "idiots", "cry babies", "morons" and host of other degrading names. That’s supposed to result in an immediate ban.

If you want, I can quote all the posts for you.

I've read enough to know that there two people that don't like each other and that neither are innocent. The ignore feature is your very own option to ban someone. If you're done responding put him on ignore.

This thread will clearly show that I never mentioned your name and you started it. You sitting here trying to get me thrown off this board is utterly pathetic since your behavior towards others here is despicable. @JohnBlue_, he’s on ignore as of the period at the end of this sentence. I’m done.

You're not calling anyone a name specifically but you are generalizing that those don't agree with you are stupid and what not. That is considered baiting and it would help if didn't do that.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
I've read enough to know that there two people that don't like each other and that neither are innocent. The ignore feature is your very own option to ban someone. If you're done responding put him on ignore.
You personally have given me temporary bans in the past for much less than what he has been doing.

We can't have a conversation without him jumping in to stir the pot.

You're not calling anyone a name specifically but you are generalizing that those don't agree with you are stupid and what not. That is considered baiting and it would help if didn't do that.

Will do. I’ve seen Jeff get banned multiple times for direct name calling only to come back and do it again so I guess I should have known how this would end. He’s acting like he’s outraged that someone would call others names when really he doesn’t give a crap about them, he’s just bitter about being banned for name-calling, himself. The hypocrisy is toxic. Also, I don’t consider those with different opinions “idiots”, I consider those that spends countless hours trying to convince others that Cal sucks idiots though. Regardless, your point has been made and will be adhered by. He’s dead, buried and rotting as far as I’m concerned. Take care.

Last edited:
You personally have given me temporary bans in the past for much less than what he has been doing.

We can't have a conversation without him jumping in to stir the pot.

There were no arguments in this thread until you entered it. You're wanting to control what others are doing and that isn't going to happen. Bottom line is if you had him on ignore you would have never saw what upset you and if you wont ban him on what grounds do you have to ask me to do it?

There were no arguments in this thread until you entered it. You're wanting to control what others are doing and that isn't going to happen. Bottom line is if you had him on ignore you would have never saw what upset you and if you wont ban him on what grounds do you have to ask me to do it?
Wow, that's a joke right? I did nothing to provoke, but that's all he does. Don't put this on me.

He’s been tossed before but he keeps stealing his trailer park neighbors wifi to make new user names.

Baller Cal
Senior

Today at 12:06 PM
Whoppercat said:
Please post a picture
Well, when unprovoked, I didn’t particularly like being called a dipshit....

Reactions: kyjeff1
I think it’s more of us changing or adjusting our recruiting. Mainly due to the fact that a lot of the top guys are considering G-league, and or continue to play games with us. Cal don’t want to recruit a kid for years and then be blindsided like we have been from a few

Duke has had the “upper hand” over UK since 2015 and has done the exact same in terms of on court performance if not slightly worse.

K is running out of time and the bitterest pill of all for him to swallow will be him in his rocking chair while Cal is commanding the stage.....and he knows this.

I can’t understand why people don’t see that he’s not pulling in the superstars he once was. That would be fine if the good players he got stuck around but they don’t. They leave without contributing much. You can have #1 classes all damn day but if your team is comprised of 1 or 2 great freshman and a bunch highly ranked but typical mediocre freshman that all leave at the end of the year, there’s going to be issues with sustainability, which we have seen over the last few years.

The superstar freshman build your brand. Top recruits were falling over themselves to get to Kentucky when John wall and Anthony Davis were in town. That was a long time ago. There’s not that kind of excitement for the program anymore. I’m happy with having top classes but acting like that little #1 next your class ranking is the only thing that matters is ignorant and is not indicative of the state of the program.

And no, I don’t want Tubby or Billy G back and I don’t want 3 star recruits I think that covers all the lame counter arguments.
And I can't understand why people don't understand a large number of the top prospects are off Cal's board because Cal's staff won't cheat to sign them and won't promise anything to them. Working under these circumstances, it is amazing that Cal signs one of the best classes in the country every year. If some people are too piggish to appreciate that level of production, then they will complain no matter what Cal does. Some can never be happy.

And if Rupp Rafters existed during the Rupp, Hall, Pitino and Tubby eras, we would be talking about all of this stuff just the same.

I keep seeing people talk about how all our previous coaches got a pass, but Calipari is being attacked. It’s a crap statement. All those other coaches got criticized too, there just wasn't a social media platform back then to do it on.

Here's the deal, Calipari isn’t the only coach to catch sh*t, every single coach, at every single program, in every single sport, at every single level, gets criticism from fans. I don’t think most on this board realize this.

The criticisms are really not that bad, there are maybe 5 dudes on this board that want a different coach, most just want the culture to change to the point where we retain non-first round picks. Is that so bad?

Wont happen. Retaining kids capable of getting paid will be damn near impossible. Continuing to bleat for such foolishnessis is just like the kid that wants to keep a horse in his postage stamp back yard. Probably a better analogy than I realize as generally no amount of logic will convince the kid of the stupidity of the ask.

I’m not really sure what you and others are crying about. Maybe this year you get your wish and we get kids that lack the talent and skills to get paid. If so they will return. You are getting your horsey. Be happy

@kyjeff1 thats pretty messed up my man. I hardly ever see you go out of bounds. Baller cat on the other hand, he’s constantly antagonizing. I put him in ignore a long time ago, you should do the same. He’s not going to be pursued for his constant attacks in nearly every thread, that’s obvious at this point. Might as well stop engaging him.

Who's jumping off a bridge? do you struggle with reading comprehension? It appears you do.

I get it, Yes, I understand you don't like to read comments about reality, but there is a huge difference between the recruiting classes we saw from 2009 through 2014 and what we are getting now.

Calipari is a great motivator and he develops talent in short order better than any coach in the business, but we are not getting the John Wall's, Demarcus Cousin's, the AD's, the KAT's or the Julius Randle's any longer. You're all about calling others out for talking about the decline in top 5 recruits, but that's because you're just looking at the stars next to the names. There’s a big difference between top 5 dudes and guys like EJ Montgomery.

What you also need to realize is, most of us are saying that the issue is not on Cal, we believe he is abiding by NCAA rules, we believe others could be giving benefits to these kids and we believe Nike is pushing players to schools like Duke, simply because Cal didn’t play in that PK80 tournament a few years ago.

You guys are in such a hurry to jump on those of us that are seeing what is happening, that you aren't bothering to look at what we are actually saying.

Again, nobody is crying about anything.
This is exactly how most of us logical fans feel

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Eventually Cal is going to get tired of it too. It takes a while to adjust and change the culture, but we are seeing handlers and family members blame Cal for lack of development. EJ's family did it, Wenyen did it, the Dragon did it. These kids think there is a magic wand. No, you still have to work extremely hard. If you don't, you’re not going to.make it, but today's kids would rather blame everyone else for their failures.
The magic wand thing is because a few guys developed quicker than anybody thought and Cal ran with the "Kentucky affect" but it's dried up.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
@kyjeff1 thats pretty messed up my man. I hardly ever see you go out of bounds. Baller cat on the other hand, he’s constantly antagonizing. I put him in ignore a long time ago, you should do the same. He’s not going to be pursued for his constant attacks in nearly every thread, that’s obvious at this point. Might as well stop engaging him.

Funny stuff. You've come at me before and I always brought up you saying cheating is cool if you don't get caught and that you wish UK cheated more. You didn't like me saying the only cheaters that I know are cowards. I also like how you like to gang up on people with other posters. My little 9 year old niece likes to gang up and bully people too.....man is she immature, but she's a kid......

Make no mistake, if morgousky and Jeff don't like you, I promise you're a pretty good guy.

Funny stuff. You've come at me before and I always brought up you saying cheating is cool if you don't get caught and that you wish UK cheated more. You didn't like me saying the only cheaters that I know are cowards. I also like how you like to gang up on people with other posters. My little 9 year old niece likes to gang up and bully people too.....man is she immature, but she's a kid......

Make no mistake, if morgousky and Jeff don't like you, I promise you're a pretty good guy.

You guys just don’t know how to take them. They mean no harm. They are just very passionate about their opinions on basketball and the world in general. If you don’t like what they have to say, just ignore them. I ignore about 50-75% of their posts. LOL!

Recruiting has changed.......... DKP and AKP eras........ during Kenny Payne we had top 2 classes........ So far AKP , After Kenny Payne , we're not doing so hot with top 25 guys , we seem to be backing off of BHH and Skyy is talking about not reclassifying now and taking his visits. Hardy is thought to be staying of the west coast or G League and its late in the game to be trying to get in with other 5 stars.

Its reasonable to worry and lets hope we get Kenny Payne but for the love of god stop using this past years class as some evidence to not worry because the #1 assistant has left UK..... and recruiting experts, even the Rivals top recruiting expert has said Payne leaving has hurt UK recruiting.

Reactions: typlez and kyjeff1
He's on pace with Rupp, so Rupp was so-so as well according to you. Like I said, lots of dip_sh**ts around here.
Tubby was also “on pace” with Rupp but I’m sure you wouldn’t call his time here special. If Cal kept up the pace he set his first 5 years then he wouldn’t have any doubters. But he hasn’t and really hasn’t come close to replicating it.

The way it looks if Cal doesn’t win a title this year then it very well never happens again for him. In fact I halfway expect this to be his last year here regardless of the outcome.

The dude that doesn’t know the difference between top 5 recruits and sub 15 recruits, is calling others "idiots". Hilarious.

All 5* players are not the same. There is a thousand miles between EJ Montgomery and Anthony Davis.

When you lose your entire team and you have facilities like UK and every game is on ESPN, how difficult is it to land leftover 5* kids? All those starting spots are open.

It’s not the EJ's that Cal is missing on, it’s the Zion's and Banchero's and all the bigs that he has missed out on. Nobody wants to play with their back to the basket anymore, but that’s all Cal wants to do when we have the ball.
Because that is what wins you basketball games. Lol
There's a reason cal has taken his teams farther than any other coach does. He doesn't do whatever the players want. I am

Recruiting has changed.......... DKP and AKP eras........ during Kenny Payne we had top 2 classes........ So far AKP , After Kenny Payne , we're not doing so hot with top 25 guys , we seem to be backing off of BHH and Skyy is talking about not reclassifying now and taking his visits. Hardy is thought to be staying of the west coast or G League and its late in the game to be trying to get in with other 5 stars.

Its reasonable to worry and lets hope we get Kenny Payne but for the love of god stop using this past years class as some evidence to not worry because the #1 assistant has left UK..... and recruiting experts, even the Rivals top recruiting expert has said Payne leaving has hurt UK recruiting.
I will sit back and laugh as cal reels in a top 2 class once again I can’t believe we as UK fans are worried about recruiting with coach cal on the staff the guy had the #1 class in 2009 without KP.

I will sit back and laugh as cal reels in a top 2 class once again I can’t believe we as UK fans are worried about recruiting with coach cal on the staff the guy had the #1 class in 2009 without KP.

It’s the same little group here over and over about Cal. None of them are worth your time.

The dude that doesn’t know the difference between top 5 recruits and sub 15 recruits, is calling others "idiots". Hilarious.

All 5* players are not the same. There is a thousand miles between EJ Montgomery and Anthony Davis.

When you lose your entire team and you have facilities like UK and every game is on ESPN, how difficult is it to land leftover 5* kids? All those starting spots are open.

It’s not the EJ's that Cal is missing on, it’s the Zion's and Banchero's and all the bigs that he has missed out on. Nobody wants to play with their back to the basket anymore, but that’s all Cal wants to do when we have the ball.

very well stated

but not only is UK missing out on the top 5 talent, but Cal's refusal to play a different style on both offense & defense is getting old. There have been years that he had the talent to press the opponent into submission, yet he did not. He, for the most part refuses to change from man to man, regardless of how bad his players are being beaten off the dribble. When he has had dominant big men, he has refused to make the guards get the ball into them the majority of the time. These are the things that irritate me. Cal's teams do not intimidate the opponent like Pitino's did. Pitino's teams just had that "air" about them. They knew they were going to win, and for the most part destroyed lesser teams. Cal's teams don't have that & play down to the competition a lot of the time. Cal's coaching staff also has left a lot be desired since Antigua left. Really have no idea what Barbee contributes & now Bruser. Both buddies of Cal & both head coaching failures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT