ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday CBB games on TV

Our loss to A&M looks worse by the day

I mean, they beat the current #6 team in the country in Iowa State, beat #24 Florida, beat Kentucky, they DESTROYED #6 Tennessee by nearly 20, etc.

That team is more than capable and has shown multiple times it has the talent to beat elite teams.

But they also can lay an egg better than anyone else.

Funny how they put UCONN best layer on the bench so Bluejays could have a chance. Classic

Guess the Dennis Gates SEC takeover will have to wait another year. Will he make it another year ?

If there is a weakness for UConn it’s the fact they don’t have a guy like Jordan Hawkins who they can go to for a bucket. They have a really good team but they dont have a for sure bucket getter this year

Reactions: NociHTTP
Creighton lost at home to Butler and only scored 48 vs UCONN in their 1st matchup this year.

What a strange game we watch.

UCONN’s best road win is……. Butler.
You trying to downplay UConn is hilarious. Creighton is having an unreal shooting night. UConn is still head and shoulders the best team. UConn has good neutral site games and they just beat the crap out of a good Marquette team. Can UConn be beaten in the tournament? Yeah they can, are they still the best team in college basketball, yes

There are no home courts in the NCAA tournament and since they will be a #1 seed in the East they basically have semi-home court until the Final 4
Gee man, I had no idea there were no home courts in the NCAA. When did that start??!!!’

My point is that they aren’t anywhere close to being in a class of their own. That’s laughable.

You trying to downplay UConn is hilarious. Creighton is having an unreal shooting night. UConn is still head and shoulders the best team. UConn has good neutral site games and they just beat the crap out of a good Marquette team. Can UConn be beaten in the tournament? Yeah they can, are they still the best team in college basketball, yes
They aren't 1st in any of the metrics. They are a top 5 team sure, but I don't believe them to be head and shoulders better than anyone. Just because they won last year and have a good team this year doesn't make them a clear cut favorite. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
They aren't 1st in any of the metrics. They are a top 5 team sure, but I don't believe them to be head and shoulders better than anyone. Just because they won last year and have a good team this year doesn't make them a clear cut favorite. Just my two cents.
They’ve lost to every good team they’ve played unless it was a home game. They are 100% not repeating.

Fair argument, but who in college basketball is close to them. Purdue has clear issues, Houston is great defensively I just don’t know if they can score enough, that’s what always end up hurting them in the tourney. Unc has issues, Duke has issues, Kentucky has issues. UConn isn’t unbeatable but they are the best team by a good margin, doesn’t mean an upset can’t happen, but to me tonight is going to do one of two things. It’s either gonna piss them off and make focus even more, or tonight will expose weaknesses that other teams get to exploit

Reactions: G-PIP
They’ve lost to every good team they’ve played unless it was a home game. They are 100% not repeating.
They are definitely a very good team. The odds of them repeating are slim and they aren't head and shoulders above other teams. Winning 6 games in a row in the tournament is hard.

There are four clear cut teams above the rest.

Houston, Uconn, Purdue, Arizona. Can they all lose? Yeah sure. You're going to lose games especially on the road.

It doesn't mean they still aren't a clear cut above the rest tho.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
The fact is those teams would be favored over everyone else in this tournament......and the line would be fairly significant.

They are definitely a very good team. The odds of them repeating are slim and they aren't head and shoulders above other teams. Winning 6 games in a row in the tournament is hard.
They beat the same unc team Kentucky did? And don’t have 4 bad home losses? The chances are slim they repeat, but I’m not letting a loss at creighton affect my viewpoint of them. They are still the favorite and especially if they get to play on Boston, will be really tough to beat

There are four clear cut teams above the rest.

Houston, Uconn, Purdue, Arizona. Can they all lose? Yeah sure. You're going to lose games especially on the road.

It doesn't mean they still aren't a clear cut above the rest tho.
UConn and Houston to me are better than the other 2. Purdue I just can’t make myself fully believe in them, and zona has the bad conference question mark with them

Reactions: The_Answer1313
UConn and Houston to me are better than the other 2. Purdue I just can’t make myself fully believe in them, and zona has the bad conference question mark with them

Agreed.

Right now
1 Houston 32.31
2 Uconn 30.45
3. Purdue 29.58
4. Arizona 28.45

Close but Houston and Uconn would be favored over the other two currently on a neutral court.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
They beat the same unc team Kentucky did? And don’t have 4 bad home losses? The chances are slim they repeat, but I’m not letting a loss at creighton affect my viewpoint of them. They are still the favorite and especially if they get to play on Boston, will be really tough to beat
They aren't the favorite though is my point. They aren't ranking 1 anywhere. Maybe in your mind they are the favorite but nothing backs that up.

Agreed.

Right now
1 Houston 32.31
2 Uconn 30.45
3. Purdue 29.58
4. Arizona 28.45

Close but Houston and Uconn would be favored over the other two currently on a neutral court.
Likely that Purdue jumps UCONN once this game is added. That's only one metric in Kenpom. UCONN ranks between 2 and 6 in the metrics.

They aren't the favorite though is my point. They aren't ranking 1 anywhere. Maybe in your mind they are the favorite but nothing backs that up.
Yeah but metrics can be tricky subject. Sometimes the eye test has to come into play? Would you put anybody over them. The only one that has an Argument is Houston. Purdue would get exposed.

Agreed.

Right now
1 Houston 32.31
2 Uconn 30.45
3. Purdue 29.58
4. Arizona 28.45

The team that concerns me is Duke, even though they play in a crap conference, they are still loaded. If all four of those guards can start playing good at the same time along with the 2 front court pieces, Duke will be extremely hard to beat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT