ADVERTISEMENT

Trying for Lanier

Yeah, I've had similar thoughts. It's probably for the best if the overall amount is unknown to the public. All I can do at this point is one of Wells, Richmond, Christie, or Lanier decide to stay in college and come to UK along with Robinson. That's a big ask but I'm dreaming big. 😂
Good news is, I think we have a coach that dreams big too!

If we get Lanier and Robinson that will be 2 guys to the bench who weren't expecting to be bench guys. I'd take the chance on hurting some feelings to get these 2 though.
I think everyone coming in realizes they are going to have to fight their way to start. I don't think Pope is pitching to them that they will be starters but promising that the best player will play.

Yeah, I've had similar thoughts. It's probably for the best if the overall amount is unknown to the public. All I can do at this point is hope that one of Wells, Richmond, Christie, or Lanier decide to stay in college and come to UK along with Robinson. That's a big ask but I'm dreaming big. 😂
Me too but I don't like Richmond to much, I know he's really good offensively and defensively but although he's shown he can be a deadly shooter he's coming off a year where he shot 27% and his turnovers are a bit too high for me

I think everyone coming in realizes they are going to have to fight their way to start. I don't think Pope is pitching to them that they will be starters but promising that the best player will play.

It's all about money anyways for 99% of these guys so that helps too. You get paid even if you end up the 9th man or start. Win win in a way compared to the old days.

Me too but I don't like Richmond to much, I know he's really good offensively and defensively but although he's shown he can be a deadly shooter he's coming off a year where he shot 27% and his turnovers are a bit too high for me
I can definitely see where there turnover and shooting issues are there, but he's an elite talent who can be a capable shooter, a great defender, and a willing passer. If Mark Pope decides to press, then I think someone like Richmond would be deadly. I'd take the other options I mentioned over him, but I wouldn't be unhappy with him. Lanier and Christie would be my first options.

Forgive me for not knowing every name of every potential UK player in the country, but WHO?
This guy....

One of the best shooting guards in the portal. Dude was 44% from downtown last season and averaged about 20 PPG. Big-time shooter, an absolute sniper.

I'd honestly prefer him over Johnelle Davis who so many here were absolutely gushing over.

Just keep in mind, that efficiency was vs lessor competition, so he would need some time to adjust to bigger, stronger, faster players. So he might perform more like 22-23 Reeves than 23-24 Reeves next year. Which I would take. I just don't want unrealistic expectations from BBN (that would never happen, lol).
What Knectcht did was the exception, actually improving going from mid-major to major. That said, Reeves shooting 3pt %'s were a little better at UK than Ill. St. that 1st year at UK, probably because he was needed to score at Ill St but didn't have to force shots at UK.

Reactions: BCD
Somebody is leaving if that happens
Just curious, who do you think that will be? Butler? Brea? Kriisa? I don't see Brea or Kriisa. I think Brea would be fine coming off the bench. Historically he's done that anyway. From what I've heard, Kriisa just wants to win. I can see Butler because it seems like he was told he'll start by what his father said, but then again I also don't think Lanier would start at PG. He'd be off ball imo.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
We may not have the NIL left. But, and this is just a thought, maybe we do. We lost out on some guys because we didn't get into bidding wars. It's possible that Pope was holding some back so that we have the money to make a big splash at the end. Maybe.
Yeah I think the staff was taking the “1 perceived top 10 portal guy isn’t worth the cost of 3 20-60 guys. Seems they were more concerned with building an entire roster of capable players and not just 2 “stars”

I think it’s the right roster management move…but we will see bc basketball can sometimes be a game where you only need 2 stars and a bunch of other cheap guys

This guy....

One of the best shooting guards in the portal. Dude was 44% from downtown last season and averaged about 20 PPG. Big-time shooter, an absolute sniper.

I'd honestly prefer him over Johnelle Davis who so many here were absolutely gushing over.
Butler held Davis to 8 points In the final four game

Just curious, who do you think that will be? Butler? Brea? Kriisa? I don't see Brea or Kriisa. I think Brea would be fine coming off the bench. Historically he's done that anyway. From what I've heard, Kriisa just wants to win. I can see Butler because it seems like he was told he'll start by what his father said, but then again I also don't think Lanier would start at PG. He'd be off ball imo.
Oweh or one of the other guards can’t be to happy with 2 clear starters coming in if they did. I still don’t believe Kentucky really has a shot at all with Lanier and it’s just show from him. Robinson and a backup 4 will be our last adds and I’m sticking to that until something else changes

Oweh or one of the other guards can’t be to happy with 2 clear starters coming in if they did. I still don’t believe Kentucky really has a shot at all with Lanier and it’s just show from him. Robinson and a backup 4 will be our last adds and I’m sticking to that until something else changes
It would be worth it to upgrade but don't see it happening anyway.

Dontworrybouitit23:
Somebody is leaving if that happens

Then they do. UK is no longer ridiculously "players first". Sayonara if you don't want to earn PT here. Players can't expect us to roll with less than 10-11 scholarship players and not be prepared for fouls, injuries, illnesses, etc. That's not championship level roster management.

There's an article on sea of blue about it also, Quoting Joe Tipton.. However, I don't know if Tipton is the guy behind. Go kentucky maybe you guys know
No, apologies you know way more than I do for sure, I know a sum total of zero, wasn’t an attack, I like your posts and appreciate when you do them. That video just wasn’t great to me, but I trust you way more than anything my dumbass says on here. Appreciate the posts Dave and thank you for doing them

Butler held Davis to 8 points In the final four game
Yeah, if Lanier does go to UT we have not one but two guys like Butler and Oweh to guard him. So happy to have three of the very best defenders together on this team. A lot of different kind of pieces Pope is constructing that will help us be much better prepared starting game one instead of hoping it all comes together at the end of the year.

Three bigs like Williams, Carr and Garrison together on the same team. Two of the best shooters in college basketball last season in Criisma and Brea. Three of the very best defenders, small/medium/large all together on the same team. The oldest and physically strongest team we have had since when? Two all around great freshmen that can shoot, pass, score and handle. And still a couple of good players that will be added.

By the way, there is speculation there may be a boom tomorrow. Achor? Who knows
Here’s to Coach Boom for creating this unique type of excitement.

Is it a Boom (eg. good to very good player committing)?

Or a Ka-Boom (such as Reed returning)?

You remember Mr Reeves? This guy is the one player who was more efficient offensively last year. He’d be an absolute monster get.

excited the waterboy GIF

the thought of landing this guy...

• Haha
Reactions: UKEE and JimboBBN
If he winds up at UK, or any other school than UT for the matter, it won't be because of NIL. UT will have the biggest bag for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT