ADVERTISEMENT

Truck Drivers

number1cats

Freshman
Dec 30, 2002
Curious, any of you guys got your CDL license and driving trucks for a living. I’m thinking about it.

Best school in Kentucky (Louisville area)
Best company to drive for to start earning as much as I can, as fast as I can.
Things to avoid.

Thanks for any pointers.

The most important thing about being a trucker is learning what this means.

Driving On The Road GIF by Daimler Truck

sad stephen stotch GIF by South Park

• Haha
Reactions: 55wildcat
Hygiene, speaking English and understanding directions are not a prerequisite. If you can do those 3 things you will skyrocket to the front of the class!
Apologies to those of you whom are truckers and do not fall into that category. Kudos to you for delivering America's freight safely and securely. And keeping the supply chain alive.

Curious, any of you guys got your CDL license and driving trucks for a living. I’m thinking about it.

Things to avoid.

Thanks for any pointers.
So . . . what do you think of the advice you have received so far? We are always ready to help

• Love
Reactions: H. Lecter

Things to avoid.

Thanks for any pointers.
Save your money and go to a trade school. 👍

Things to avoid.

Thanks for any pointers.
I’m a commercial insurance agent for one of the largest trucking brokers in the country. Get ready for the insurance premiums. They’re absolutely insane. As a first year driver Progressive is practically the only market that will take you. If you have a clean record and hauling general goods you will be looking at 12k-16k per year.

I would also tell you getting hired on as a company driver is the way to go right now. The market is brutal for owner operators. A lot of guys are parking their trucks waiting for a shift in the market.

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.
If at all possible, avoid blue cities when the leftist mob is exercising their privilege.

There was an incredible video of a trucker who was stopped on a freeway by a huge mob of BLM protesters. Windows were kicked in. Guy was pulled out and beaten. May have been killed, idk. It's since been scrubbed from the net.

Civilization would quickly collapse without truckers. I admire those who serve in this capacity.

I’m a commercial insurance agent for one of the largest trucking brokers in the country. Get ready for the insurance premiums. They’re absolutely insane. As a first year driver Progressive is practically the only market that will take you. If you have a clean record and hauling general goods you will be looking at 12k-16k per year.

I would also tell you getting hired on as a company driver is the way to go right now. The market is brutal for owner operators. A lot of guys are parking their trucks waiting for a shift in the market.

Thanks for the helpful feedback. Good advice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT