ADVERTISEMENT

Troy McKinley

Gromcat

All-American
Jun 29, 2021
Thought some olds would like to see this. I usually have all of my UK game used J’s in frames but honestly forgot about a few stuffed in the closet. Moving to the gulf and came across it. I never hear much of anything about this guy, but this is one Joe Hall gave to us years ago. Excuse the guns I am limited on room because of the move and just wanted to share. Figured we could discuss a player rarely mentioned.

1-FD6045-D-D53-D-44-DE-908-B-DABD8-D37-C702.jpg

BB4363-CB-383-B-4-D2-A-9763-5-D79-C3-B3826-C.jpg

Thought some olds would like to see this. I usually have all of my UK game used J’s in frames but honestly forgot about a few stuffed in the closet. Moving to the gulf and came across it. I never hear much of anything about this guy, but this is one Joe Hall gave to us years ago. Excuse the guns I am limited on room because of the move and just wanted to share. Figured we could discuss a player rarely mentioned.

that’s a nice looking jersey

Damn you got a lot of guns @Gromcat. What all you got? I got a 9 and a AR.

Have too many to name honestly. Glocks AR’s different stuff. I drive a Corolla and buy guns. Right now going heavy in surplus rifles. They’re about to be tough to get CMP running out of Garands and prices are getting crazy. Just got in a very nice Arasaka T/99 yesterday. All original and complete (except for dust cover) with mum and anti-aircraft sights. Has the old original Japanese family tag of the soldier who carried it. attached too. Hard to believe the Japanese thought you could shoot at planes with a rifle.

45-D71-BEA-30-F7-45-D7-A0-A5-25697575-BE23.jpg

probably should have put the jersey on the floor.

Very nice looking jersey!

Reactions: Gromcat
Have too many to name honestly. Glocks AR’s different stuff. I drive a Corolla and buy guns. Right now going heavy in surplus rifles. They’re about to be tough to get CMP running out of Garands and prices are getting crazy. Just got in a very nice Arasaka T/99 yesterday. All original and complete (except for dust cover) with mum and anti-aircraft sights. Has the old original Japanese family tag of the soldier who carried it. attached too. Hard to believe the Japanese thought you could shoot at planes with a rifle.

45-D71-BEA-30-F7-45-D7-A0-A5-25697575-BE23.jpg

probably should have put the jersey on the floor.
Corolla's are the shit just saying 🤣

Cool. Looked like a shorter barrel. I'm still kicking myself for not snatching up a few carbines when they were about $100 each. I didn't want to have to add another caliber to the ammo fort

yea you guys should have been buying those things by the truck load. I’m too young to have been able to pay that. Still can’t believe these war relics went so cheep. I know there were plenty but still.

yea you guys should have been buying those things by the truck load. I’m too young to have been able to pay that. Still can’t believe these war relics went so cheep. I know there were plenty but still.
I'm just happy that I was able to load up on that .50/round .30-06. Even got a few cans of the Berdan-primed steel core WWII vintage.

Troy was a shooter! I took the Empire Builder to Seattle for the 1984 Final Four.

UK could not make a shot vs Gtown and I kept thinking/ wishing for Joe to call time out and let Troy get a chance to fire a couple up. Try something different.

I believe Troy was in law enforcement and retired and is a teacher. . He had a legendary Sweet 16. Cinderella story run by little Simon Kenton. A Ky Hoosiers.

LOVE that uniform

Love that uniform!!!

my friends laughed for years at my corollas. I pass’m now riding on 5 bucks in the tank. How ya like me now?
I own one and my 2 daughters each own one so we love our Corolla's too lol! I'd never own anything bigger with the way gas goes up and down so damn much!

• Love

Looks to me more like you're saying "You might want to think twice if you try to steal my Troy McKinley Jersey" LOL.
Just kidding, Congrats on the move. You heading to the friendly confines of Florida? If so I envy you. If something ever happened with my job, I'd be down there in a heartbeat. Will be in Clearwater next week for vacation visiting my Brother-in-Law.

• Haha
Troy was a shooter! I took the Empire Builder to Seattle for the 1984 Final Four.

UK could not make a shot vs Gtown and I kept thinking/ wishing for Joe to call time out and let Troy get a chance to fire a couple up. Try something different.

I believe Troy was in law enforcement and retired and is a teacher. . He had a legendary Sweet 16. Cinderella story run by little Simon Kenton. A Ky Hoosiers.
Every single time he shot it, I thought it was going in.

Probably my all time favorite UK player who didn't get much run on the court.

Looks to me more like you're saying "You might want to think twice if you try to steal my Troy McKinley Jersey" LOL.
Just kidding, Congrats on the move. You heading to the friendly confines of Florida? If so I envy you. If something ever happened with my job, I'd be down there in a heartbeat. Will be in Clearwater next week for vacation visiting my Brother-in-Law.

Actually moving near Gulfport around Bay St. Louis, but I’ll be close to Gulf Shores and not far at all from Destin. With New Orleans 50 miles west on top of it, I’m as excited as can be honestly. Taking forever because of my properties but trying to wrap it up this year.

Troy used to go to Southern Acres back when it was a real normal church. Not a lot of 6'6-6'7 guys. He was a police officer at the time. Pulled me over when I was 16 or 17 and seeing that frame walk up is just terrifying. He started laughing, let me off and told me that he was gonna call my parents.

Troy used to go to Southern Acres back when it was a real normal church. Not a lot of 6'6-6'7 guys. He was a police officer at the time. Pulled me over when I was 16 or 17 and seeing that frame walk up is just terrifying. He started laughing, let me off and told me that he was gonna call my parents.

Cool story. Nice to hear about the older players living normal lives. Just so happened to play basketball at Kentucky.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT